OstrichJouster

Friends reactiion...

Agree. I get the same reaction from my friends that are business owners and doctors. I only mention this as they are educated, understand risks and are used to looking at all options. When it comes to crypto, they struggle with the amount of change to our normal business transactions it will cause/influence.

Like you, it's fine. I will either be a lucky SOB or it will be a running joke that they will get to have over me for a long time!

6 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I don’t usually talk about any sort of crypto with friends because I get the same exact reaction. I figure in a few years either I’m going to kick myself in the *** for not listening to them, or I’m going to be saying I told you about XRP a couple years ago as I walk out of my job to retire 

Agree with @BiffTannen (love the username btw) I try not to discuss it with family and friends.

But now that you have you just have to accept that some people are not ready or may never be ready to invest in crypto. It’s just beyond their current thinking.

I must admit I felt this way when a friend talked to me about Bitcoin a few years ago. I just wasn’t ready to accept the concept of digital currency/assets. And of course I have FOMO’d ever since. 

I still remember seeing a banner ad on explorer back in about 2011 talking about buying $100 of Bitcoin when it was very cheap sub $1 I thought what a scam. 

You will know which one of your friends are interested in XRP and which aren’t. They will talk to you about it later when you are alone and not in the group. They will have all the questions. Encourage them and just don’t talk about it to the others. 

My advice don’t talk about it at all as there will be some serious jealousy some day when XRP moons. 

1 minute ago, Chewiecoin said:

Agree with @BiffTannen (love the username btw) I try not to discuss it with family and friends.

But now that you have you just have to accept that some people are not ready or may never be ready to invest in crypto. It’s just beyond their current thinking.

I must admit I felt this way when a friend talked to me about Bitcoin a few years ago. I just wasn’t ready to accept the concept of digital currency/assets. And of course I have FOMO’d ever since. 

I still remember seeing a banner ad on explorer back in about 2011 talking about buying $100 of Bitcoin when it was very cheap sub $1 I thought what a scam. 

You will know which one of your friends are interested in XRP and which aren’t. They will talk to you about it later when you are alone and not in the group. They will have all the questions. Encourage them and just don’t talk about it to the others. 

My advice don’t talk about it at all as there will be some serious jealousy some day when XRP moons. 

Totally agree. I’m selfish. If I tell everyone about XRP I feel the less chance it has to moon. Usually only the thing no one knows about is successful. But I’m a selfish SOB. Lol. 

I ran around all summer of 2017, trying to get my closer friends and family to check out xrp/ripple. Most of my family invested in Aug. '17 and is pretty happy so far. Only one of my friends did.

In Jan around the ATH every single one of them told me, that they regret not taking a closer look and wanted in. In the following crash a couple of my friends invested and most of them is in the green now.

I had to bear some mockery, mostly the friendly kind, until Nov. 17.

1 minute ago, Muellhart said:

I ran around all summer of 2017, trying to get my closer friends and family to check out xrp/ripple. Most of my family invested in Aug. '17 and is pretty happy so far. Only one of my friends did.

In Jan around the ATH every single one of them told me, that they regret not taking a closer look and wanted in. In the following crash a couple of my friends invested and most of them is in the green now.

I had to bear some mockery, mostly the friendly kind, until Nov. 17.

I’m in exactly the same position! The 1 mate who followed me is so grateful! People need to know and see the potential!  

Happens all the time and that's why I believe we are "in" early on xrp.  This hasn't gone mainstream yet and when it does it will be too late to make any meaningful gains.  It's like google, Facebook or Amazon;  sure you can buy stock now and make some money but nothing life changing like the hodl'ers who got in when it was under a $1.00.    

If things work out and I have all the confidence they will we will have life changing money real soon!  

All too often I see my friends and family have a sheep mentality, what is cool to them is what's cool to everyone at the time. They listen too much to the media and what they read and don't research things on their own and look for multiple sources to confirm if something is true or not.   I believe that most of the members here are thought leaders who have done their research and due diligence.  

I have a group of about 10 friends who listened to me gently mention XRP for a few years. They all dove into crypto sometime in 2017 and all of them have done independent research and landed on XRP because it's the only coin with a legit use-case and company. I simultaneously feel vindicated and happy for them that they jumped on the train.

Edited by eggsarepeas

1 minute ago, eggsarepeas said:

I have a group of about 10 friends who listened to me gently mention XRP for a few years. They all dove into crypto sometime in 2017 and all of them have done independent research and landed on XRP brim the only coin with a legit usecase amd company. I simultaneously feel vindicated and happy that they jumped on the train.

Doesn’t that make you feel “it’s to good to be true” that everyone will get rich off something ?   This is why I don’t tell anyone lol 

10 minutes ago, OstrichJouster said:

I’m in exactly the same position! The 1 mate who followed me is so grateful! People need to know and see the potential!  

The funniest part is, that my parents (both well over 60) only listened to me for an hour and bought a substantial amount asap after that. They are not tech savy people, but could see the potential of XRP right away.

2 minutes ago, DJsmurf45 said:

Doesn’t that make you feel “it’s to good to be true” that everyone will get rich off something ?   This is why I don’t tell anyone lol 

Nah, I still have plenty of friends who think crypto is stupid and we’re all going to lose our money. But the ones who have taken the time to do the research have all landed on XRP. I hold my friends in pretty high regard so I think it’s more telling that the informed ones have independently come to the same conclusion.

I was really bullish on xrp to about 30 people, 6 signed up and the others rib, rub and tell me to sell... No problem I tell them, I'll still invite you to the house warming...

I made an amazing discovery....For a while everywhere I went, leaving the counter I would ask "got your zerps, your ripple?". The discovery - 3 times out of 5, petrol station cashier's would say, yep and it's flyin'... So it seems petrol station attendants are the most wisest of crypto investors....

4 minutes ago, DJsmurf45 said:

Also, “everyone” is a strong statement. Very few people will get rich... but if 1000 people get rich off of it, I’d prefer a large portion of those people to be my friends!