DreXRP

Here’s why xRapid will catapult Ripple (XRP) to the Double Digits

9 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

Yes, I am wondering about that. Whether they are willing to hold the XRP as an asset with its volatility or just buy the XRP from MMs as they go.

My guess is that most will not want to hold such a volatile asset until reasonable hedging options exist and or the volatility settles because of increasing liquidity.

But irrespective of liquidity I think the hedging option is a necessary prerequisite for institutional holders and also of course enterprise level custody solutions.  Luckily Miguel has said they are getting right onto those now.  So at some point, perhaps this year,  I believe some institutional investors will be taking positions.

35 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

My guess is that most will not want to hold such a volatile asset until reasonable hedging options exist and or the volatility settles because of increasing liquidity.

But irrespective of liquidity I think the hedging option is a necessary prerequisite for institutional holders and also of course enterprise level custody solutions.  Luckily Miguel has said they are getting right onto those now.  So at some point, perhaps this year,  I believe some institutional investors will be taking positions.

I think so too.. Planning of XRP's future value, liquidity, usage, etc. is of vital importance for Ripple. They will be doing the math for this big time. In life there are no guarantees of course but if there is any coin out there having a whole company working on its big future it's XRP. 

2 hours ago, Gepster said:

1 XRP is not going to be used 28000 times per day....

The average velocity of XRP is 46

Excellent thank you. Velocity is indeed something to take into account. With the V=46 we get somewhere near a good number for the short term.

6 hours ago, Gepster said:

The average velocity of XRP is 46

He should produce the formula of that calculation, or else I'm calling it 42. 

Maximum velocity of XRP is 24*3600/4. If when Ripple finally shows how they achieved 1500 tps, it will increase more. 

20 hours ago, ADullRoar said:

God help us if Ripple were ever to loosen the escrow requirements or add coins. The price would plummet in that case as even HODLrs would be in doubt. I don't think they would ever do that though as it would be effectively shooting themselves in their own foot.

God help us if the boogeyman is real or brain eating amoeba take over the world.

whats your purpose for such idiotic pointless speculation? 

8 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Old institutions may need to be cautious, but I can see some forward-thinking upstarts taking this chance on XRP (as we are) and making historic, eye-popping returns, which will catapult them into the limelight and make them "household names". Fortune favors the bold :D

One thing is still unclear to me: Even if FI get their XRPs not from exchanges but from the "secondary market" aka Ripple, who says that Ripple puts a discount on them? They use the current market price of XRP i would assume. Or am I totally off here? 

3 hours ago, bachmama said:

who says that Ripple puts a discount on them?

David Schwartz says the opposite in fact.  He says that Ripple do not discount XRP.  

I imagine that a large FI purchase done through Ripple OTC sales is advantageous to the FI because their big buy did not push the price up making it more expensive.  

4 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

David Schwartz says the opposite in fact.  He says that Ripple do not discount XRP.  

I imagine that a large FI purchase done through Ripple OTC sales is advantageous to the FI because their big buy did not push the price up making it more expensive.  

So let someone say xrp hits $200.. will FIs see value in buying 1 zerp for that amount Vs the good xrp will provide that FI