Dutchpinoy

Looking into factual bad press

You know the saying that when something looks too good to be true, it usually is? I'm nervous about the fact that ripple/xrp is looking so golden, it could be blinding me to reality. 

We're all familiar with fud. We classify them as fud because they're simply wrong, factually. But is there a flipside to the alarmingly good (factual) press Ripple's getting lately? Because I can't really find any and I'm worried im wrong. 

I'm still adamant about the good future prospects, I'm just trying to have all angles covered.

The simple fact that banks may decide not to use it for various and unforeseeable reasons? Regulations, world war, politics in general, other technical competitors that make the current system "just good enough" for banks to ignore Ripple's solution. 

There are many reasons the best horse doesn't always win. 

The flipside is that its a high risk investment. All kind of things could go wrong. 

- internal problems at Ripple. Executives leaving because they have a different vision, integrity questions, fraude etc

- technical problems: the tech has a serious flaw ( I’m not tech savy enough to imagine a possible problem, but it could happen)

- commercial set backs: after piloting XRP, clients decide NOT to use Ripple, for whatever reason

-whole crypto market gets a major setback : regulations, USDT crisis or another disaster

Ofcourse this is all gloom and doom and I’m obviously betting on a positive outcome. But it ain’t without (high) risk. 

You raise valid points. But what I'm getting at is, are there confirmed reports regarding, for example negative pilot tests, technological setbacks or internal disputes? I'm well aware this is a high risk plan and there are many things that could go wrong. But is there any indication something is wrong, right now? I cant find any.

2 minutes ago, Dutchpinoy said:

You raise valid points. But what I'm getting at is, are there confirmed reports regarding, for example negative pilot tests, technological setbacks or internal disputes? I'm well aware this is a high risk plan and there are many things that could go wrong. But is there any indication something is wrong, right now? I cant find any.

Lawsuit with R3. Jed in general. 

Other than that it seems like Ripple is doing everything they can to pamper their employees and I've yet to hear of an internal dispute. 

The R3 lawsuit is definitely a big question mark, but to be honest, I'm not sure if it'll actually hurt the XRP market much. Maybe Ripple as a company takes a hit, but...other than that I'm unaware. 

The biggest question is literally whether banks will want to use XRP and we really don't have any insight on that except for what Brad tells us (IE, "big bank asked me about saving costs on argentinian pesos using XRP" or whatever...)

The banks are posturing themselves at quite a distance from digital assets so that's the big question right now. 

Ah yes, R3 and Jed. I've read up on this but did not consider it bad press, or in any way detrimental to ripple's succes as it doesn't seem to do much in holding off the generally positive sentiment and progress. Am I wrong?

Edited by Dutchpinoy

37 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

The flipside is that its a high risk investment. All kind of things could go wrong. 

- internal problems at Ripple. Executives leaving because they have a different vision, integrity questions, fraude etc

- technical problems: the tech has a serious flaw ( I’m not tech savy enough to imagine a possible problem, but it could happen)

- commercial set backs: after piloting XRP, clients decide NOT to use Ripple, for whatever reason

-whole crypto market gets a major setback : regulations, USDT crisis or another disaster

Ofcourse this is all gloom and doom and I’m obviously betting on a positive outcome. But it ain’t without (high) risk. 

"after piloting XRP, clients decide NOT to use Ripple, for whatever reason"

If something keeps me up at night, it is this.

4 hours ago, Coretex said:

If something keeps me up at night, it is this.

I am not concerned about this at all. We can generally accept as a truth that the banks can’t NOT get into DLT to solve their remittance problems, free up locked capital and reduce costs. Agreed?

They’ve currently got Ripple - a real company with real, fully tested software with real employees or...who else? No one. Agreed?

We’re at the early stage of a massive tech breakout in this space and Ripple has first mover advantage by about 2 years. Maybe they (and we) need to wait for the market to catch up.

But once it does catch up, things move real quick.

5 hours ago, Hodlezerper said:

The biggest question is literally whether banks will want to use XRP and we really don't have any insight on that except for what Brad tells us (IE, "big bank asked me about saving costs on argentinian pesos using XRP" or whatever...)

The banks are posturing themselves at quite a distance from digital assets so that's the big question right now. 

Miguel Vias just confirmed during a speaking event at Baruch (02/14/2018) that a few banks will be using xRapid for payment flows by end of 2018. 

Source:

5 hours ago, Dutchpinoy said:

I've always found a bit of a silver lining in the fact that there's such virulent anti-Ripple hatred from so many angles. If there were any confirmed flaws with the system or the business (as opposed to possibilities of "banks might not use XRP" or "regulations might harm us") you can be sure they would spread that news in force. As a couple of relatively recent examples, IOTA was slammed when it became apparent that their "tangle" technology was unstable, and TRON went down after it became clear there was no Microsoft partnership. 

So yes, thank you FUDsters for making my contrarian due diligence super easy. (Now let's hope nobody ever takes the first half of that last sentence out of context to use against me)

^ I could not agree more. It's neat they're doing us a solid. It kept surprising me to the point where I thought "are there really no valid points you could fud with?" And so I made this thread because I had a hard time looking for them. 

33 minutes ago, RiverSong said:

TRON went down after it became clear there was no Microsoft partnership. 

This could happen to Ripple too. A partner that decides not to go on with XRP ( or XCurrent) after the pilot period. It would cause enormous FUD and a firm dip in the price. And although I’m sure this would have a massive negative impact, it would be very wrong imo. Because you can’t expect a 100% score with acquisitions, every company loses a client once in a while, thats business as usual. As long as your clientbase is profitable enough and you get enough new clients for growth and sustaining your business model. 

Sadly crypto works in a way that announcing a new partnership does nothing with the price, but announcing the end of that same partnership will cause FUD and a dip. We must be prepared for that, not all 100 partnerships will come to fruitation.