Tripple

Revolut (UK) is listing Ripple

2 minutes ago, Fleshmeister said:

Haven't they already announced that they're adding it?

Nope.

They'd had a meeting with Ripple and they had expressed an intent to look into listing XRP. 

This is them teasing an official announcement - far from milking it!

That's good news, no more waiting days for a bank transfer to Gatehub :) to take advantage of dips better.

Even though they don't give a personal wallet only allow deposits and withdrawals from within the Revolut app.

Just now, xrp-pat said:

Will this make it easier for uk people to cash out? 

It doesn't look like it as it doesn't seem like you can actually withdraw or transfer your XRP? (please someone correct me if I'm wrong here)

3 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

It doesn't look like it as it doesn't seem like you can actually withdraw or transfer your XRP? (please someone correct me if I'm wrong here)

It's not a personal address, but you can withdraw to any of the other currency accounts you have.

You can't transfer to or from another wallet.

I'm assuming it'll work like their other cryptos.

I use them to have a GBP & EUR account, being paid in GBP and living in Italy.

Just now, SamK said:

It's not a personal address, but you can withdraw to any of the other currency accounts you have.

You can't transfer to or from another wallet.

I'm assuming it'll work like their other cryptos.

I use them to have a GBP & EUR account, being paid in GBP and living in Italy.

So, for now, you can only buy XRP from the app and then sell to a fiat currency from the app?

No withdrawing or importing crypto from outside sources?

1 minute ago, Hodlezerper said:

So, for now, you can only buy XRP from the app and then sell to a fiat currency from the app?

No withdrawing or importing crypto from outside sources?

Correct.

That's how they currently work with BTC, ETH & LTC

1 minute ago, Hodlezerper said:

Just been having an online chat with them and asked for my comments to be passed up to the relevant people. The operator wasn't aware (XRP news) but then received confirmation as we were chatting.

In short I stated that I feared they would only allow purchase of new XRP from them and not the ability to cash out. I pointed out that if Revolut was in the business of making money then it should be a "No brainer" as long as all the relevant KYC regulations were followed as they would miss out on the custom of virtually all current holders.

I also pointed out that it would be extremely short sighted of them not to do so as I firmly expected that within the next 1-2 years it will be commonplace for Banking Institutions to offer customers XRP accounts - and that they would be missing a huge Market opportunity to be an early adopter/innovator should they not do so.

I'm not holding my breath on this one but if enough of us are telling them the same thing then you never know!

So if you hold an account with Revolut I urge you to petition them for the same thing via their online chat facility in the app.

:JC_doubleup: If you don't currently have an account, post the message on their official twitter account telling them you would open an account with them if they did.

Spread the word.