Rippled - Bearableguy123

onetruexrp

45 minutes ago, HodlOnASec said:

He wasn't told to "Pipe down about the holocaust".

There was a discussion about how Switzerland is becoming crypto friendly and he brought the "They got rich by keeping the money of holocaust victims" argument into it out of nowhere, which resulted in a multi page off topic discussion which was frankly unnecessary. I made the request to please stop discussing on an on about it. Especially not in the zerpening thread.

I don't know where to find it, it was probably a thousand pages ago.

It wasn't a multi-page discussion, it was you, the bull chap and one other person that mentioned it. Less than six posts. 

Actually your response was "Gentlemen, it would be really great if we keep politics out of this discussion. Especially things that none of us were alive to witness.?"

I'd argue whether that was politics and why is it only an issue if I was to witness it? Are you suggesting it didn't happen? Are you suggesting I shouldn't point something out because I wasn't there?

To be honest I wasn't looking to start a discussion then, but I take exception to Switzerland being portrayed as a wonderful neutral financially-savvy place when they were complicit in so much wrong-doing. In future I will keep such thoughts off this site as they aren't exactly things I think about every day nor dominate how I live my life and looking back it wasn't the time or place to mention it. 

If you want to stop someone going off-topic just say "actually mate this isn't the time or place for that subject" and I'd agree. I'm sure you can see that belittling the subject itself as you and that bull chap did is inflammatory though as is using language that some people may consider a little revision-y. I've since blocked the bull chap's posts but unlike those yours are interesting and funny so I am happy to move past what was hopefully just a misunderstanding and nothing more insidious. As you can see by what I post here I am all about the enjoyment of communicating with other people.

Edited by SirArthur

My intention was not to belittle the actual historic event either.

like you said, it was more of the “not the time and place” sentiment. Maybe I could have phrased it better. 

Lets ts shake hands on this and have a cup of tea like gentlemen!

5 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

If you want to stop someone going off-topic just say "actually mate this isn't the time or place for that subject" and I'd agree. I'm sure you can see that belittling the subject itself as you and that bull chap did is inflammatory though. I've since blocked the bull chap but your posts are interesting and funny so I am happy to move past what was hopefully just a misunderstanding and nothing more insidious.

Dude I got called out for mentioning an animal that hops and told I was making a slur against a country. I win. :P

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, HodlOnASec said:

My intention was not to belittle the actual historic event either.

like you said, it was more of the “not the time and place” sentiment. Maybe I could have phrased it better. 

Lets ts shake hands on this and have a cup of tea like gentlemen!

giphy (7).gif

52 minutes ago, karlos said:

Please link this so I can have a look. Did you report it? Your profile shows zero reports.

I'm not the type to report or cry to mother. Things can always be resolved by talking rather than grassing as sometimes it's just a misunderstanding (see above). But I think that little spat last week was more worthy of moderation than this rather funny thread. Anyway I realise it's your ball, not mine and I don't pay to play with it, so ultimately it's up to you and as someone that's moderated forums as well I respect that.  

2 minutes ago, karlos said:

I don't think it's heavy handed to remind people to stay on the topic of the club. For any off-topic stuff, you can use the "Off Topic" sub-forum or create a club. 

Hi Karlos,  I didn't respond to your post to criticize you in any way. I agree that "For any off-topic stuff, you can use the "Off Topic" sub-forum or create a club." The point I was trying to make is that I did not think that, taken in it's entirity, the thread was being derailed. It just got "sidetracked" during a quiet period; no different to countless other threads on the forum.

10 minutes ago, DrWhoAmI said:

Dude I got called out for mentioning an animal that hops and told I was making a slur against a country. I win. :P

s1_harvey.jpg

"In this house we don't mention the F word."

(almost no-one will get this reference - but trust me, it's relevant and funny to anyone that does!)

Edited by SirArthur

1 hour ago, DrWhoAmI said:

Agree. I was searching for that poster on Reddit but couldn't have him/her. Reddit is giving me issues though. What is the post history like? 

Hint: when trying to search for stuff on Reddit like that, type in the title of the post in the search box and it’ll come up :) so on that one “this is the only price that matters”

1 hour ago, SirArthur said:

To be honest I wasn't looking to start a discussion then, but I take exception to Switzerland being portrayed as a wonderful neutral financially-savvy place when they were complicit in so much wrong-doing. 

Sounds like you know about the Geneva Fund. The Knights of Malta accepted a donation of 30 million francs of what is probably Black Money from WWII. This is what led to the infighting and eventually led to the Pope getting involved.

http://m.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/german-newspaper-investigates-mysterious-trust-connected-to-order-of-malta#.Wo-RNCvF2Ec 

It appears to be unrelated to Ripple, although it is quite curious that the Pope has suddenly become very involved with the governance of the Order of Malta, especially where finances are involved.

1 minute ago, Smith37l said:

Sounds like you know about the Geneva Fund. The Knights of Malta accepted a donation of 30 million francs of what is probably Black Money from WWII. This is what led to the infighting and eventually led to the Pope getting involved.

http://m.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/german-newspaper-investigates-mysterious-trust-connected-to-order-of-malta#.Wo-RNCvF2Ec 

It appears to be unrelated to Ripple, although it is quite curious that the Pope has suddenly become very involved with the governance of the Order of Malta, especially where finances are involved.

You mentioned there is more to come as far as your research.  Anything new?

I got in late to XRP and am in the red 5-figures. 

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want to spend my time researching wild connections from BG123 rather than constantly checking the price to see how much money I’ve lost.

If BG123 posted TA that shows XRP would be at 589, and we were all discussing it, we’d be fine. But he posted what he did, and we are discussing that instead.

I believe less in coincidences than actuals chains of events causing an outcome. There is a reason why this topic ended up getting the attention of a mod. It is in my opinion the result of a report. I am confident I know the source but will leave the conspiracy at that and let others connect the dots. It wasn't because we were onto something. It was because someone thought this was an immature thread and didn't like the responses he got when his high horse was knocked over