Possible Scenario where IMF Uses Hyperledger to clear SDR-backed Settlement

Jim Rickards' is usually right more than he is wrong, check 34:30: 

IF there is a future possibility the IMF has 189 nations under Hyperledger Fabric clearing settlements backed by a digital SDR, my take is this is central banks clearing with national balances vs. bank to bank clearing with XRP so I see this as a different use case and one that is ways off? The implications of XRP's use case arriving first is key.

Mods - I'm not sure why this was moved off General Discussion especially when there are posts there concerning Lightning and Microsoft, as an example. This post can promote valuable discussion from the community regarding the use case of XRP in a bank to bank vs. central bank to central bank environment. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, 7Bs said:

Mods - I'm not sure why this was moved off General Discussion especially when there are posts there concerning Lightning and Microsoft, as an example. This post can promote valuable discussion from the community regarding the use case of XRP in a bank to bank vs. central bank to central bank environment. Thanks.

Agreed. This topic is one of the most interesting ones to discuss about XRP if you ask me.

22 minutes ago, PRX said:

Agreed. This topic is one of the most interesting ones to discuss about XRP if you ask me.

And what this could mean for ILP is also key. Since Fabric in this SDR context is likely to be a permission based system, ILP could act as the feeder between private 'lakes' (permissioned central bank ledgers) and 'oceans' (both permissioned and non-permissioned bank ledgers). Therefore an XRP/SDR currency pair would make sense?

• 2 weeks later...

I like to listen to Rickards although he predicted an economic collapse in 2017 and has no confidence in cryptocurrencies. What crossed my mind is that Christine Lagarde who is the Managing Director of the IMF, the institution that issues SDR, welcomed the establishment of a high level advisory group on fintech in March 2017 where Chris Larsen was the only 'crypto representative' invited:
https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2017/03/15/pr1784-imf-managing-director-welcomes-establishment-of-high-level-advisory-group-on-fintech

2 hours ago, Danny said:

I like to listen to Rickards although he predicted an economic collapse in 2017 and has no confidence in cryptocurrencies. What crossed my mind is that Christine Lagarde who is the Managing Director of the IMF, the institution that issues SDR, welcomed the establishment of a high level advisory group on fintech in March 2017 where Chris Larsen was the only 'crypto representative' invited:
https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2017/03/15/pr1784-imf-managing-director-welcomes-establishment-of-high-level-advisory-group-on-fintech

Ryan Zagone also seems to be a person that is becoming more and more established with the big ones.