CoachOgden08

XRP 2018 > Litecoin 2017

I have zero information to prove this will happen, but I have been wondering why not?

Litecoin went from 3$ to over 300$ during the bull run last year.  Why can't something similar happen with Ripple?  

Litecoin, in my opinion has limited use cases, but still did what it did.  XRP on the other hand has more use cases than any other coin/token out there right now.

I do not like the argument of it cannot reach this number because of MC.  I do not believe MC matters at this point in time.  For example, how is it not a big deal for Litecoin to go from a MC of 214$ Million at the beginning of 2017 all the way to a MC of 15 billion at the high?  I believe @Hodor mentioned this in one of his blogs about the reality of a trillion dollar MC, and how it makes people feel uncomfortable.  Why is billions acceptable, but trillions too much?

I truly believe this year could be something we have never seen before with XRP.  I am not saying the price is going to reach 300$, but I am saying that I think anything is possible, especially for XRP.

Interested to hear what everyone thinks.

How many coins does litecoin have? A lot less I'm assuming. That's a factor.

I would pray for $300 though if I prayed.

5 minutes ago, Kins said:

I think the main reason Litecoin went crazy was because of the addition to Coinbase.  Something along those lines for XRP would be great.

True, for new investors LTC was BTC on sale and easily accessible... Coinbase and XRP was also one of the factors creating the rally in December.

I don’t think that Coinbase will make a big difference if they add XRP in 2018.

for one, a lot of the impulse buyers got burned in January and won’t flock back so soon. Also, there are many more options to go from Fiat to XRP now than there was a few months ago.

that said, Coinbase does offer the simplest way to buy crypto from one’s phone...

14 minutes ago, Kins said:

I think the main reason Litecoin went crazy was because of the addition to Coinbase.  Something along those lines for XRP would be great.

Do you know what percentage rise in LTC's price occurred on the day/ days after it was added to Coinbase?

37 minutes ago, Eruption said:

That was my point about MC.  Why is a MC in the billions ok but XRP cannot get to the trillions? That still does not make sense to me

Also, I would wager that almost the entire supply of LTC is available to be publicly traded while after xrapid takes off majorly, the supply of XRP that will be on the exchanges would be a fraction of the available supply.

20 minutes ago, HodlOnASec said:

for one, a lot of the impulse buyers got burned in January and won’t flock back so soon. Also, there are many more options to go from Fiat to XRP now than there was a few months ago.

that said, Coinbase does offer the simplest way to buy crypto from one’s phone...

27 minutes ago, CryptoOwl said:

True, for new investors LTC was BTC on sale and easily accessible... Coinbase and XRP was also one of the factors creating the rally in December.

34 minutes ago, Kins said:

I think if Coinbase were to add XRP support say, today, the price would easily break $3 instantly. 

At whatever price CB were to add XRP, I think the price could double, even if we were already at $3.

For two reasons:

a. more buyers. There's really nothing simpler than clicking "buy now" on your smart phone and adding $50 in LTC to your wallet at CB. You simply cannot beat how easy it is to buy digital assets on CB. 

b. market hype. if CB announced the addition of XRP, the market hype might be the bigger driver as everyone excitedly gobbles up more xrp in anticipation of the 14 million new customers that cb has. 

44 minutes ago, Eruption said:

LTC has only 55 million in circulation. we are posted as having 39 billion in circulation of the total 100 billion. however I did read an article yesterday that suggested the true number is closer to 8 billion.  as the rest of the 39 billion are likely hodl'd by institutions or insiders who cannot sell. 

19 minutes ago, HodlOnASec said:

I know a ton of people that were turned off from buying XRP on other exchanges with Fiat because of the requirement to send a photo of yourself holding your ID for verification. Coinbase makes it easy to just use your bank account and verify by address rather than sending a photo of yourself. Also, coinbase is U.S based which also helps the confidence of people in the Western world looking to invest. Older people get freaked out buy having to send their photo/ID to a company based somewhere in eastern europe or Asia. I'm a younger person and also get sketched out by it. 

I think a coinbase add would be enormous for the price and volume of XRP. Just going from my own experiences and conversations. 

Just now, HodlOnASec said:

Fair points, feathered one!

I know that we all like to hate on CB for their follies, but I honestly think they have done the same thing as Ripple. Laser focused attention to one specialty. and that WAS buying Bitcoin as easily as possible. adding a few new coins now I think becomes easier for them. My guess is they already have 5-12 new coins lined up and ready and for whatever reason they're waiting to release the support. 

2 minutes ago, FixnUrPowerline said:

I know a ton of people that were turned off from buying XRP on other exchanges with Fiat because of the requirement to send a photo of yourself holding your ID for verification. Coinbase makes it easy to just use your bank account and verify by address rather than sending a photo of yourself. Also, coinbase is U.S based which also helps the confidence of people in the Western world looking to invest. Older people get freaked out buy having to send their photo/ID to a company based somewhere in eastern europe or Asia. I'm a younger person and also get sketched out by it. 

I think a coinbase add would be enormous for the price and volume of XRP. Just going from my own experiences and conversations. 

I suppose it is a lot easier for US based customers.

As someone from the EU, I had to take a picture of my ID to get verified on Coinbase. Still easier than other places though. 

1 minute ago, RegalChicken said:

I know that we all like to hate on CB for their follies, but I honestly think they have done the same thing as Ripple. Laser focused attention to one specialty. and that WAS buying Bitcoin as easily as possible. adding a few new coins now I think becomes easier for them. My guess is they already have 5-12 new coins lined up and ready and for whatever reason they're waiting to release the support. 

Oh I don’t hate Coinbase at all. I like their business model, I was just wondering if the “Ripple on Coinbase” Headline löst it’s charm a bit. 

But the counterpoints are quite valid (and I am out of likes! :( )