adp04c

Validator Node Growth!!!

53 minutes ago, adp04c said:

Ripple's api does not track historical validator numbers, so I wrote some code that has been pulling validator numbers per day. I have tracked it over a month now, and the growth has been pretty impressive!

image.thumb.png.0753fca7e09b01d8d6d84be49528f9f3.png

And so Metcalfe's Law coupled with Jevon's Paradox begins :beach:

7 minutes ago, xrp-pat said:

Interesting, please share more. 

Metcalfe's Law states that "the value of a network is proportional to the square of the number of connected users of the system (n2)" - typically this is used with the example of telephones. Meaning, the value of one person have a telephone is zero b/c they can't call anyone - but as more and more people have telephones then the value of the network with people with telephones grows exponentially. I believe it's fair to say that the same thought process can be applied to the number of nodes in a network.

I have recently started reading up a bit on Jevon's Paradox to become more familiar with it. From my understanding it is the concept where needing less of a good to accomplish some particular result means that people actually want more of that good.

David Schwartz discusses Jevon's Paradox in a quora interview (he's the knowledge master/Ripple MVP haha):

https://www.quora.com/If-a-large-amount-of-banks-were-to-adopt-xrapid-and-started-using-xrp-how-would-that-impact-the-tokens-value

Edit: Hope this was able to help! 

Edited by Mpolnet

This is the current distributed list of recommended trusted validators (distributed via https://vl.ripple.com/):

$ rippled validators 2>/dev/null | jq .result.trusted_validator_keys[]
"nHB1FqfBpNg7UTpiqEUkKcAiWqC2PFuoGY7FPWtCcXAxSkhpqDkm"
"nHUpwrafS45zmi6eT72XS5ijpkW5JwfL5mLdPhEibrqUvtRcMAjU"
"nHUBGitjsiaiMJBWKYsJBHU2shmYt9m29hRqoh8AS5bSAjXoHmdd"
"nHUgoJvpqXZMZwxh8ZoFseFJEVF8ryup9r2mFYchX7ftMdNn3jLT"
"nHBvriTnYGxP8ix3HfWo2GTFFo2zuxNXyRh3U8F9LvVZd718hhxF"
"nHBtzeujejMTAWCymPjcaQUjLgxnfxDGTGoZnP3PvHRkR24hVgjw"
"nHUXh1ELizQ5QLLqtNaVEbbbfMdq3wMkh14aJo5xi83xzzaatWWP"
"nHUKp8XUkaFN6GzQ3o4qTE1w9aAD5uFjZ8vDt6pwjBsTFRq5FWEb"
"nHULGMbQHyXe92wtnxA1X9TEp26qPiRfwfTv5MskD1yMro7bQ2df"