rookie666

CoinField, the New Canadian Cryptocurrency Exchange, Prepares for Launch as Users Flock to the Website in Droves

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/02/13/1339723/0/en/CoinField-the-New-Canadian-Cryptocurrency-Exchange-Prepares-for-Launch-as-Users-Flock-to-the-Website-in-Droves.html

The exchange will be the first platform offering Ripple (XRP) in Canada, in two pairs, XRP/CAD and XRP/BTC. This will mark the first time ever that Canadians will be able to purchase this highly desirable coin with fiat currency using INTERAC® e-mail, INTERAC® online and direct bank transfers. CoinField is also in the process of adding Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs) as an additional method of payments and withdrawals for Canadian users’ convenience.

18 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This is good news, the more Fiat pairs we have the better. Too bad they capped the registrations at only 7000 users.

Should, by some logic I hope, mean they are making sure they are up all the time and don't crash from demand *shrugs*

great news and should be a smooth process with 50% of users passing KYC/AML protocols hence avoiding the dreaded 10 day VPNL (verification pin number letter)...

price won't feel them much, that is good for support....

47 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This is good news, the more Fiat pairs we have the better. Too bad they capped the registrations at only 7000 users.

If i read the artikel correctly its not a cap, just a processing matter with managing volume of interest and ensuring functionality?

26 minutes ago, Member278576 said:

If i read the artikel correctly its not a cap, just a processing matter with managing volume of interest and ensuring functionality?

Yes, I understand but this just means it wont bring significant volume in the near future (the next few months), that might change over the years but we shouldn't expect anything big from this.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Yes, I understand but this just means it wont bring significant volume in the near future (the next few months), that might change over the years but we shouldn't expect anything big from this.

As Brad says's it a marathon 

Even if it isn't going to have a ton of members YET is it going to have the API (I think that's the right term) to actually have volume tracked?  Aren't there still some that aren't having their volume tracked?

Looks like they are trying to ramp up slowly too, which is probably the right way to do it, long term.

"...CoinField will be adopting a multi-stage registration process for the first few weeks after launch, allowing 100 pre-registered users to open accounts on the day of the launch, another 500 users a week later on the 22nd, and 500 more every day following February 28th."

I am personally staying away from these guys for now. The first tip off was they offer near instant verification, which makes me doubt they are MSB licensed. I have searched the regulatory database for Coinfield and Central Crypto Exchange Corp. (Corp name) and had no return hits. 

To get person not present ID is a pain in the arse in Canada and if someone claims they can do it instant means they either have a lot resources to afford credit checks (unlikely for a start up), they use a registered third party (difficult but not impossible) or they are not MSB licensed. 

I have emailed for verification but for now I am sceptical

1 minute ago, Mercury said:

I am personally staying away from these guys for now. The first tip off was they offer near instant verification, which makes me doubt they are MSB licensed. I have searched the regulatory database for Coinfield and Central Crypto Exchange Corp. (Corp name) and had no return hits. 

To get person not present ID is a pain in the arse in Canada and if someone claims they can do it instant means they either have a lot resources to afford credit checks (unlikely for a start up), they use a registered third party (difficult but not impossible) or they are not MSB licensed. 

I have emailed for verification but for now I am sceptical

And just saw they do use credit checks. Lol

Their method limits services to Canadian customers. MSB licenses may be held under a different operating name