tulo

Quitting my job for cryptos.

@tulo Great news and congrats!

To help others fulfil their dream, how do you set up bots to trade?  And how much time did you spent or was this on autopilot?  And estimated costs and skill to set up?

I have been research this for over a month since I can see the inefficient markets between exchanges and high volatility in cryptos.

But to date, I simply hodl but cannot capture or realize any chunky gains (Jan ath) or buy near bottom (last week).

1 hour ago, tulo said:

I wrote some bots that are actually earning more than my job. And there is still room for improvements and other bots.

Plus I'm long term holder, so I have a safety buffer of XRP and other cryptos ;).

Wow! Congratulations ! Do you have any books or manuals to suggest  how to develop a bot for crypto?

thanks in advance! 

Edited by MarioFle

3 minutes ago, bookworm said:

To help others fulfil their dream, how do you set up bots to trade?  And how much time did you spent or was this on autopilot?  And estimated costs and skill to set up?

I have been research this for over a month since I can see the inefficient markets between exchanges and high volatility in cryptos.

But to date, I simply hodl but cannot capture or realize any chunky gains (Jan ath) or buy near bottom (last week).

^^^ This. I would love to understand how this is done... I imagine I'm not the only one?

image.png.66e4ffd43b4621043d4757d1cc862aa7.png

Edited by HenryHole

48 minutes ago, tulo said:

I wrote some bots that are actually earning more than my job. And there is still room for improvements and other bots.

Plus I'm long term holder, so I have a safety buffer of XRP and other cryptos ;).

You mean trading bot?

9 minutes ago, bookworm said:

Well, since I wasn't a skilled JS developer most of the time I spent was to learn JS. 1/3rd of the time was to fight with exchanges APIs :). The rest to test some strategies and to find "good" markets.

I do mainly market making and arbitrage bots. The difficult part is to find the good markets and to tune the parameters of the bot. There is still room for many other bots around (consider how many exchanges and markets are there) and I'll do a few more in the next days.

13 minutes ago, tulo said:

Well, since I wasn't a skilled JS developer most of the time I spent was to learn JS. 1/3rd of the time was to fight with exchanges APIs :). The rest to test some strategies and to find "good" markets.

I do mainly market making and arbitrage bots. The difficult part is to find the good markets and to tune the parameters of the bot. There is still room for many other bots around (consider how many exchanges and markets are there) and I'll do a few more in the next days.

i have some arb software running but we arb bookmakers and betting exchanges . we found that you are better to scrape the site 15 x a minute than to use slow delayed APIs   

9 minutes ago, bec_86 said:

what s your take on bots that can be bought?

I don't sell them. Especially the arb ones, otherwise the bots will fight each other and I'd lose some market "share".

Never trust people selling bots, because if they are effective they should use them (and gain with it) instead of selling ;).  

Just now, Premium said:

Some bots cannot be be bought, intimidated or reasoned with. Some bots just want to watch the markets burn.

Also: 

I ought not build a bot as I got shot and now need pot, but I sought a thought but got caught and now I am too hot to trot!