djn121

At $3.89, Ripple (XRP) Will Dethrone Bitcoin (BTC)

Like Betamax, we’ll see dethroning of BTC this year.  The following article is quite interesting as JPM research analyst (and countless others incl us) is able to differentiate the future cc leader based on solving a payment problem, speed and cost ... this is timely as institutional investors and money from funds begin to pour into cc ...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-11/jpmorgan-publishes-bitcoin-bible

51 minutes ago, bookworm said:

this is timely as institutional investors and money from funds begin to pour into cc ...

I keep hearing this claim of institutional investors sitting on the sideline but we're yet to see any. With the current state of stock markets we may have to wait a bit longer.

2 minutes ago, Trickery said:

I keep hearing this claim of institutional investors sitting on the sideline but we're yet to see any. With the current state of stock markets we may have to wait a bit longer.

^^^ Completely agree... If I'm an investor, why would I move my money from a (relatively) stable investment to Cryptocurrency which as far as the MSM is concerned is an unstable, bubble of an investment **COUGH** Internet **COUGH** 

#XRPtheStandard

Goodmorning from The Netherlands boys and girls! 

It's very pleasant to see that we seem to have reached a flipping point in the media. After all those FUD articles, media are covering XRP in a more positive way the last days. XRP price is rock-stable after the spike this last weekend. The XRP-rocket is being fueled at this moment, and take-off could be in this week! Let's all enjoy the ride:banana:

1 hour ago, bookworm said:

Like Betamax, we’ll see dethroning of BTC this year.  The following article is quite interesting as JPM research analyst (and countless others incl us) is able to differentiate the future cc leader based on solving a payment problem, speed and cost ... this is timely as institutional investors and money from funds begin to pour into cc ...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-11/jpmorgan-publishes-bitcoin-bible

Betamax was technologically superior to VHS, yet lost the fight of the bandwagon. This is a long struggle against very powerful incumbents. 

@Trickery @HenryHole

Well, a sprinkle of money had started ... cough cough with avg aum of almost $20m each.

Hedge funds have been moving into this market making up most of the 175 CC funds but AUM remains only a few billion dollars. Asset managers are experiencing limited success in bringing products to market and have not been able to launch CC funds or ETFs without support from the SEC or major distributors.

Launching funds take time for registration, regulatory approval and launch. Recent positive news from US regulators is green light of ... more funds/money entering the cc space.  The investment banks will herald in proprietary trading in this new asset class as a means to diversify bonds and equities ... this would lead to a trillion dollar market ... cough cough.

3 minutes ago, bookworm said:

@Trickery @HenryHole

Well, a sprinkle of money had started ... cough cough with avg aum of almost $20m each.

Launching funds take time for registration, regulatory approval and launch. Recent positive news from US regulators is green light of ... more funds/money entering the cc space.  The investment banks will herald in proprietary trading in this new asset class as a means to diversify bonds and equities ... this would lead to a trillion dollar market ... cough cough.

I don't disagree with the concept it's the timing that is being postponed due to market jitters.

50 minutes ago, DutchTom said:

Goodmorning from The Netherlands boys and girls! 

It's very pleasant to see that we seem to have reached a flipping point in the media. After all those FUD articles, media are covering XRP in a more positive way the last days. XRP price is rock-stable after the spike this last weekend. The XRP-rocket is being fueled at this moment, and take-off could be in this week! Let's all enjoy the ride:banana:

This is a great observation - the media has turned it would seem.- and the more good news Ripple announces the better it gets.

@Trickery Fully understand with jitters from equity markets and Tether.  One option is to wait on the sidelines and to jump in with perfect timing (low point for XRP) but you will likely miss the pop if any.  Another option is to have a 70% investment into XRP for longer term hold with 30% cash ready to pounce on any mega dip.

Timing may actually not be postponed but quickened as many equity holder may cash in on their decade old growth in equity prices.  With rising interest rates, bonds and property would make awful choices so they can either adopt Japanese mentality by storing under their mattress, spend like the Kardashians, keep cash in their banks with negative deposit rates and possible devaluation or prudently cherry pick some safer resilient utility equity or blockchain stocks.

Or invest a small piece into cryptos.  Looking at the major asset classes, I cannot come up with a more rewarding play in bubblemania.  While cryptos may be inflated since 2016, we are still early in the game given <1% invested in this asset class.  Now banks are onto the game so they will strategically buy in before selling to the masses.  Ain’t seen nothing yet ...

Edited by bookworm

7 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

This is a great observation - the media has turned it would seem.- and the more good news Ripple announces the better it gets.

Must take that "rock-stable" with a pinch of salt John. Market is down a few percent again. Not to notice that you already know that, given the little red in the parrot^_^

@bookworm I hope you're right but can't help thinking investors will play a wait and see game with CC and like you say keep the rest under the mattress although interest rate rises are almost certain so the safe bet is they'll put it in the bank.

53 minutes ago, bookworm said:

Timing may actually not be postponed but quickened as many equity holder may cash in on their decade old growth in equity prices.  With rising interest rates, bonds and property would make awful choices so they can either adopt Japanese mentality by storing under their mattress, spend like the Kardashians, keep cash in their banks with negative deposit rates and possible devaluation or prudently cherry pick some safer resilient utility equity or blockchain stocks.

I think this year we will see a long correction in the stock markets. We certainly aren't going to return to the booming market of last year. I think this may convince some investors to put a couple of percent into crypto that they wouldn't have considered if the market was still booming. More money is certainly coming into crypto this year; the question is how much.

And the bitcoin dethroning is just a matter of time. Will happen this year almost certainly, by ETH or XRP.