Ripple $10?? More like $500 Per XRP

1 hour ago, bayarea510 said:

Just remember guys if all these useless coins can reach $xxx triple digit levels then there's absolutely no reason xrp can't. We have the best use case and team out of all of them! 

Market cap man market cap. Not to mention the monthly releases from escrow.

Only way this can go that big is wide adoption of XRP by banks and wide adoption of XRP by market makers. It is a chicken or egg problem. Also there is just too much regulation hurdle and associated costs they need to overcome at this point.

3 minutes ago, JustinS said:

Would that even be possible, i.e. transfer the zerps to the bank to pay off the mortgage?

you COULD but i think each exchange has a max you can withdraw each month, basically so they dont get cleaned out.  It would be an over-time process lol 

3 minutes ago, TLG said:

you COULD but i think each exchange has a max you can withdraw each month, basically so they dont get cleaned out.  It would be an over-time process lol 

I was thinking of the option of bypassing the exchange altogether by selling direct to the bank, whether that would one day be possible.

2 minutes ago, JustinS said:

I was thinking of the option of bypassing the exchange altogether by selling direct to the bank, whether that would one day be possible.

I’m certain it will be an option at some point, a secondary market of sorts.

8 minutes ago, MegaNerd said:

thats the ultimate goal

I wonder what the tax implications of something like that would be. Since you never really sell the XRP you have no wherewithal to pay taxes. It's just an exchange transaction.

Edited by BiffTannen

3 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I wonder what the tax implications of something like that would be. Since you never really sell the XRP you have no wherewithal to pay taxes. It's just an exchange transaction.

i have no idea. by the time that happens, i highly doubt any of us will even own XRP anymore

1 hour ago, MegaNerd said:

This reminds me of when bitcoin was @ $15 and everyone was admittedly denying that it would NEVER reach $1000.

People were such experts 'knowing' that a $1000 BTC was absolutely impossible that they were trading 20 BTC for the latest phone.

From the actual bitcoin forum 2011:

Just a few months ago, those 20 BTC were worth $400,000 !!!!

DO NOT underestimate how high or low XRP could go. Everyone is an expert until the opposite of what they said happens.

Then they become very very quiet or indifferent. Thats if they dont go complete 180.

1 hour ago, susli said:

Only way this can go that big is wide adoption of XRP by banks and wide adoption of XRP by market makers. It is a chicken or egg problem. Also there is just too much regulation hurdle and associated costs they need to overcome at this point.

I'm sure the company is fully aware of all of those obstacles. Wide adoption is the ultimate goal they're trying to achieve and they intentionally made a large number of coins for that purpose. Once global xRapid utilization occurs (which is the ultimate goal of the company) who knows what the price per token will be. I remember reading on here the higher the price the better. Either way I'm hopeful and wish them the best of luck!

You do realize, guys, that we all really have to change our perspective. 

Seriously. 

If everyone is hoping for xrp to reach $100, £100, €100, whatever it is, they are implying that they would sell some for that currency to spend on stuff. But if it ever reached that price, and given the sheer number of instant millionaires there'd be, the selling pressures would be so significant, it likely could not be maintained. We'd have a massive dump. And that would be a huge setback to serious, high stakes investors looking at it. 

The only way 1 xrp could be used to buy something that today is valued at $(£,€)100, imo, would be if you could do just that - use it to actually buy things. Go into a supermarket, a street vendor, an online furniture shop, and have the option to actually pay in XRP. This way the selling pressure to fiat would be vastly reduced, and liquidity between items, assets or forms of value** - a broad spectrum of things - would be far greater and able to support such a high purchasing power.

But to do that, it really does have to be useful for those vendors, traders and merchants. It has to provide *them* with a benefit first. And the relationship with ripple-connected banks, and the time/cost savings for internation treasurey management (for the larger Co's.) can perhaps provide that.

But if you all me, we will have to start seeing companies adopt and accept xrp first before we can honestly hope for a sustainable moon price.

** this is, I think, also Ripple's ultimate goal for xrp.

Edited by will4star

Just now, will4star said:

Seriously. 

If everyone is hoping for xrp to reach $100, £100, €100, whatever it is, they are implying that they would sell some for that currency to spend on stuff. But if it ever reached that price, and voice the sheer number of instant millionaires there'd be, the selling pressures would be so significant, it likely could not hold. We'd have a massive dump. 

The only way one xrp could be used to buy something which today has a value of $(£,€)100, imo, would be if you could do just that - use it to actually buy things. Go into a supermarket, a street vendor, an online furniture shop, and have the option to actually pay in XRP. This way the selling pressure to fiat would be vastly reduced, and liquidity** between items, assets or forms of value - a broad spectrum of things - would be far greater and able to support such a high purchasing power.

But to do that, it really does have to be useful for those vendors, traders and merchants. It has to provide *them* with a benefit first. And the relationship with ripple-connected banks, and the time/cost savings for internation treasurey management (for the larger Co's.) can perhaps provide that.

But if you all me, we will have to start seeing companies adopt and accept xrp first before we can honestly hope for a sustainable moon price.

I think you are wrong.

If xrp hits $100 it will because it is being used widespread by fi's.  The bag holders cashing out will be insignificant to the sums being transacted by fi's. 

3 minutes ago, will4star said:

Seriously. 

If everyone is hoping for xrp to reach $100, £100, €100, whatever it is, they are implying that they would sell some for that currency to spend on stuff. But if it ever reached that price, and voice the sheer number of instant millionaires there'd be, the selling pressures would be so significant, it likely could not hold. We'd have a massive dump. 

The only way one xrp could be used to buy something which today has a value of $(£,€)100, imo, would be if you could do just that - use it to actually buy things. Go into a supermarket, a street vendor, an online furniture shop, and have the option to actually pay in XRP. This way the selling pressure to fiat would be vastly reduced, and liquidity** between items, assets or forms of value - a broad spectrum of things - would be far greater and able to support such a high purchasing power.

I think Brad was quite clear what Ripple wants to offer, at least in the near future. Their plans doesn't include retail payments, they are going after enterprise adoption. As said for now at least. 

2 hours ago, susli said:

Please explain why you believe Market Cap is a barrier to a high price per XRP.