Cant wait to read it when I get home from work. Your blog is the only "opinion piece" that I am sharing with my Ripple community.

I don’t call this cryptocurrency,” he said. “It’s not currency. I can’t go to Starbucks or Amazon and use—and you know, somebody inevitably will be like, Well, I have one example where I bought something with a bitcoin.’ And then I usually say, ‘Well, did you do a second transaction?’ It’s not actually a currency. These are digital assets. If the asset solves a real problem for a real customer, then there’ll be value in the asset.

Doesn't make sense even remotely. What if I do two transactions? Then Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency?!

The company does business with companies throughout the world, so it’s no wonder that they want to utilize XRP for payment; but accepting XRP directly as a means of settlement is a step that not many other businesses have taken.  This is an interesting example, and it’s noteworthy based on the size of the company.  It might foretell a new organic trend of companies accepting direct payment in XRP rather than in their own native currency.

And what is this then? People buying stuff with Ripple - now how is this not a currency? Crypto or whatever.

IMO, Ripple has gone past obstacles like a breeze with an obnoxious grin over their faces, overwhelming even themselves each time. But one thing they are clearly struggling with is to separate XRP from the bad image of crypto. And hence, are showing childish desperation with tactics like - okay let's not call XRP crypto anymore. No one will notice.

I would like to opine that this is the last straw and I hope they win over this somehow. Once they disintegrate with the crypto image, only then will be able to commercially enter markets with xRapid and especially in stupidly and irrationally run countries like China and my messy India.

@Hodor - I actually waited for your blog to sometime clear this topic and you did come out giving good stage time to this drama. Although didn't do justice to this at all and kind of said what Brad said. Sorry. Thats how I feel. Rest of the blog was spotless.

I hope I am terribly wrong. Please don't refrain from correcting the sh*t out of me.

"Asia MTM Group accepts XRP – Directly as Payment"

In a week full of great news, this is the news that surprises and pleases me the most.  It seemed to be really out of left field.

It is extremely promising that a large supply company like this would make it a priority to include XRP as payment for their goods.  I'm thinking now that more will follow.

1 minute ago, XRPeteSampras said:

"Asia MTM Group accepts XRP – Directly as Payment"

In a week full of great news, this is the news that surprises and pleases me the most.  It seemed to be really out of left field.

It is extremely promising that a large supply company like this would make it a priority to include XRP as payment for their goods.  I'm thinking now that more will follow.

Completely unexpected so early. But this is going to be the norm.

@Hodor, I seem to remember reading recently from someone at Ripple (end of January I think) that ILPv4 would be live within the next 2 weeks! If my memory is correct then that should be any time now. Are you aware of that post or is my recollection wrong? If correct do you think this could accelerate the adoption of xrapid by potential partners? (Excluding Banks due to Regulatory issues).

Another clear presentation of the recent developments.:JC_doubleup:

9 minutes ago, ss6 said:

Doesn't make sense even remotely. What if I do two transactions? Then Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency?!

I think he meant "once you do one transaction in Bitcoin, you won't want to do another."  and I agree with his point.  Waiting over an hour for the transaction to clear?  That's not a currency. 

But XRP?  In my view, that could be considered a true currency.  Just my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, ss6 said:

Hi @ss6.  My take on the points he was making in the interview:

• Bitcoin, despite being created as a person-to-person currency transfer, is not actually used for that very much
  • XRP's purpose is really a global settlement asset
  • Examples can be brought up that showcase people using these "cryptocurrencies" to purchase things, but they are few and far between

He's not wrong about any of that.  It's funny to me that even though Bitcoin's purpose was a person-to-person currency and XRP's purpose was global settlement, XRP is actually the better product for both of those use-cases.

That's another reason why I'm so bullish on XRP.  Even if it doesn't get used by banks and FI's for instant settlement (not likely, IMO), there are plenty of other uses for it! 

6 minutes ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

I seem to remember reading recently from someone at Ripple (end of January I think) that ILPv4 would be live within the next 2 weeks!

I do not know about this - if you can find a link or source, please do share it.  :yes3:

5 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I do not know about this - if you can find a link or source, please do share it.  :yes3:

David Schwartz and 1 other Retweeted

Evan Schwartz‏ @_emschwartz Jan 30

Replying to @Altheamesh @Interledger

We're hopeful that ILPv4 will be the last version for a long while. We're bringing the ilp-connector up to production quality and starting to use it for micropayments over cryptocurrencies. The plugins for XRP, ETH, and ERC20 tokens should be good to use w/in 1-2 weeks