Sign in to follow this  
Duke67

US FED might accept proposal from Ripple

8 hours ago, Socrates said:

Would it be possible to use sticky topics to track the evolution of things like this (and avoid creating a lot of posts about the same thing, many times with duplicate information)? :)

There are a few posts on this topic, I almost went back and grabbed a comment I posted on how (im guessing) a Central bank could use RCL.

RippleNet, and XRPL are both things that any/all Central banks should be educated about. I had lunch with an guy from XRPchat a few years ago, we were discussing how during the '08 crash the Fed didnt even have the tools to properly detect the systemic risk and the OTC trading of credit default swaps, etc. I was saying that RippleNet and XRPL would not give the Fed full visibility, but they sure could gain some insights into economic flows and potentially be better able to detect systemic risks.

Funny thing was this guy at a near by table, came over to our table saying "this was the most interesting conversation he had heard in x amount of time", then he ended up sitting down with us for a beer, leaving his wife and dog sitting alone at the other table the whole time.

Edited by KarmaCoverage

Chris Larsen never left Ripple, he’s the executive chairman, stepping down because he needed a break from the exhaustive work it takes to oversee a huge expanding company. He also joined the Technology Advisory Board at HSBC in Hong Kong last year, he still plays a significant role in the company and is heavily invested. And if that isn’t enough to convince you, he was at Ripple’s HQ praising David Schwartz in an “ask me anything” interview....Don’t spread false info if you aren’t sure on what you’re talking about.
I said "I have a hunch" which equates to "I think". Just my opinion bro. Thank you for clarifying the semantics. As tired as he was he went on to start Stellar, and join advisory boards etc. etc. Yes, he was sooo exhausted *rolls eyes*.

I do not know everything, and neither do you. That's why we are here talking. Don't be a douche.

12 minutes ago, Troublemecca said:

I said "I have a hunch" which equates to "I think". Just my opinion bro. Thank you for clarifying the semantics. As tired as he was he went on to start Stellar, and join advisory boards etc. etc. Yes, he was sooo exhausted *rolls eyes*.

I do not know everything, and neither do you. That's why we are here talking. Don't be a douche.

LOL dude, what have you been smoking??

You must be confusing Chris Larsen with Jed McCaleb. Chris Larsen never left Ripple, he didn't create stellar or anything else. He stepped down from being a CEO to spend time with his kids. Before doing that he made sure he had hired a worthy successor - Brad Garlinghouse.

Again, please get your facts straight. Calling someone a douche for rightfully correcting your misrepresented information does not make you look too good.

LOL dude, what have you been smoking?? You must be confusing Chris Larsen with Jed McCaleb. Chris Larsen never left Ripple, he didn't create stellar or anything else. He stepped down from being a CEO to spend time with his kids. Before doing that he made sure he had hired a worthy successor - Brad Garlinghouse. Again, please get your facts straight. Calling someone a douche for rightfully correcting your misrepresented information does not make you look too good. 

I take it all back. I can do that. Did you have anything to say about my post though?

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/fedcoin-could-be-coming-soon-would-it-really-challenge-bitcoin/

Watch "Doug Casey - Final Warning for America - The FEDCOIN" on YouTube

The YouTube video is pretty long, but is a great listen on us economics and the possibility of FEDcoin.

Basically, fedcoin would probably be the worst thing to happen to personal privacy and freedom because now, your every purchase is tracked and possibly controlled.

As much as I love xrp and ripple, I hope they don't go down this path. I'm not keen on enslaving the rest of the world to make a buck.

1 hour ago, jqian2 said:

As much as I love xrp and ripple, I hope they don't go down this path. I'm not keen on enslaving the rest of the world to make a buck.

I think many people here wouldn't mind as much - if it meant we were millionaires.... money talks and makes people think/ do things...

28 minutes ago, Foolaman said:

I think many people here wouldn't mind as much - if it meant we were millionaires.... money talks and makes people think/ do things...

That thinking is shortsighted but I would tend to agree.

Before crypto look at people making bank, they go to safe havens.

I seen a trend of precious metals and cryptocurrency millionaires moving out of places like the US that penalize you for making money.

Easy place to transplant yourself from US is PR. But there are many places around the world.

My gripe with this is just abandoning the people who don't have the opportunity to leave.

It is a dilemma to me but at the end of the day I would choose to leave the US than deal with crap like that. But IMO ultimately it doesn't matter we would be screwed. Just like I think the two political parties exist to make it feel like we have a choice. But in my mind it doesn't end up mattering what we choose. The people in power with the money make the rules. Most of the reasons I like XRP, I like the idea behind bitcoin but don't see it succeeding.

What a time to be alive.

I don't think many people care. By the time they realize what's happened, it'll be their kids who will be dealing with it, and they won't be the wiser because it will be all they know. Credit cards and spyware amount to the same thing.

Barring some catastrophic intervention, this is the future. Might as well profit in it.

19 minutes ago, Troublemecca said:

I don't think many people care. By the time they realize what's happened, it'll be their kids who will be dealing with it, and they won't be the wiser because it will be all they know. Credit cards and spyware amount to the same thing.

Barring some catastrophic intervention, this is the future. Might as well profit in it.

also - if we (as parents) are very well off and can afford to buy them a house - then there is less to fear.... you'd hope

also - if we (as parents) are very well off and can afford to buy them a house - then there is less to fear.... you'd hope

No, there will be more to fear. Much like we fear violent crime, and terrorists. The only things rich people fear are poor people, and becoming like them.

5 minutes ago, Troublemecca said:
14 minutes ago, Foolaman said:

No, there will be more to fear. Much like we fear violent crime, and terrorists. The only things rich people fear are poor people, and becoming like them.

well I am one now (poor person)- and am kinda gunning for XRP to change that... so ill at least teach my kids to be humble... for me - given them a roof over their head constitutes as rich... but I totally agree with your points...

who was that famous billionaire - a lady who went to court for avoiding tax and said "I don't pay tax - its what the little people do"

Edited by Foolaman

4 hours ago, jqian2 said:

Basically, fedcoin would probably be the worst thing to happen to personal privacy and freedom because now, your every purchase is tracked and possibly controlled.

And by the same thinking every purchase that the government makes is also tracked and public.  The government will know I buy far too much beer & I'll know they're funneling money to prop up the militaries of some 3rd world despot.

And by the same thinking every purchase that the government makes is also tracked and public.  The government will know I buy far too much beer & I'll know they're funneling money to prop up the militaries of some 3rd world despot.
I find it amusing that people think transparency will change this. People have been raising the alarm for generations, often WITH hard evidence.

We are complicit. That is all. So long as we are "better off" than those brown people over there, we have no qualms about shi**ing on them. Nobody wants the truth, and when they get it they will find a way to hide it from themselves.

^

Technology doesn't magically change human nature.  It does give us more access to facts with which to draw conclusions from.  Whether we use or dismiss the information is up to us.  Still it's not so easy to use ignorance as a defence for actions/inactions when the information isn't hidden.

^
Technology doesn't magically change human nature.  It does give us more access to facts with which to draw conclusions from.  Whether we use or dismiss the information is up to us.  Still it's not so easy to use ignorance as a defence for actions/inactions when the information isn't hidden.
Yes, I suppose the body count has been easily explained away. Savages and all.