Sign in to follow this  
JBW

Who’s Competing with Ripple?

34 minutes ago, JBW said:

Just unbelievably clear and understandable by the many.
I have not been to school for a long time, I am not very intelligent either but like many modest people I have common sense and a taste for hard work, which is what Brad and his teams do.
So I'm going to work harder and buy Xrp again and again, slowly at my own pace ... calmly
Just to be able to say one day to my banker "no thank you" now shut up please !

The next few years will be a bloodbath in the crypto world. Office spaces are not cheap, and the creditors are not kind towards kids in their twenties who overestimate the value of their ideas.The big companies, like Alphabet will probably recruit from - and buy out alot of the best ideas in the blockchain world.

This is a big plus for Ripple as a company, they can also recruit and buy out what is currently seen as potential competitors.

I think more and more of the idealogicaly driven developers in the Bitcoin sphere will turn to the real companies because the most hard core revolutionaries always start eating their own in the end. Just a sad phenomenon that repeats itself in history.

Edited by mandelbaum

43 minutes ago, mandelbaum said:

The next few years will be a bloodbath in the crypto world. Office spaces are not cheap, and the creditors are not kind towards kids in their twenties who overestimate the value of their ideas.The big companies, like Alphabet will probably recruit from - and buy out alot of the best ideas in the blockchain world.

This is a big plus for Ripple as a company, they can also recruit and buy out what is currently seen as potential competitors.

I think more and more of the idealogicaly driven developers in the Bitcoin sphere will turn to the real companies because the most hard core revolutionaries always start eating their own in the end. Just a sad phenomenon that repeats itself in history.

The defining thing about history is that it's written and populated by the most vicious cunning and deadly animal on earth.

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but I'm having difficulty grasping the difference between payments and liquidity.

For example, if I sent money to someone in Japan because I wanted to pay for something, that would require the payments solution, i.e. use xCurrent?

If that's the case, then how is that different from the liquidity solution? Doesn't my sending a payment require my usd be converted to yen? Isn't that what the liquidity is all about? I don't see the difference here! Someone plz explain like I'm 5!! Thx!

3 hours ago, jqian2 said:

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but I'm having difficulty grasping the difference between payments and liquidity.

For example, if I sent money to someone in Japan because I wanted to pay for something, that would require the payments solution, i.e. use xCurrent?

If that's the case, then how is that different from the liquidity solution? Doesn't my sending a payment require my usd be converted to yen? Isn't that what the liquidity is all about? I don't see the difference here! Someone plz explain like I'm 5!! Thx!

I think if you watch/listen to this video, especially the discussion around liquidity/nostro-vostro accounts, it will be much more clear.  Its all about having to hold the numerous different fiats in/by each individual bank.  Garlinghouse provides some nice examples that demonstrate the current system and what xCurrent and xRapid can bring to its customers.

Sign in to follow this