Mpolnet

XRP Crypto Asset Valuation Model - Addition of New Addressable Markets

3 minutes ago, XRP_Almighty_Q said:

Not gonna be able to download anything to my computer friend.  This is a community for crypto investors, I would hope that we're a bit more savvy than to install some random excel sheet on our computers.  Excel can use VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), which is powerful enough to do some damage, it can definitely scan a hard drive and send an email.  I'm sure there are online options for you if you really want people to look at your spreadsheet.

Don't follow. If you're privy to VBA then downloading an excel file from Google sheets is fairly straightforward, if you so choose to download it. The purpose of downloading is for users to play around with the assumptions, which are inputs that produce outputs. Google sheets is a common way of sharing more than just excel files but doesn't allow you to fully utilize excel's functions hence the note to download and play around with the model on your personal computer. The hope was to create an open sourced valuation model that could be iterated and shared especially if there are those who are savvy at using excel.

23 minutes ago, XRP_Almighty_Q said:

Not gonna be able to download anything to my computer friend.  This is a community for crypto investors, I would hope that we're a bit more savvy than to install some random excel sheet on our computers.  Excel can use VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), which is powerful enough to do some damage, it can definitely scan a hard drive and send an email.  I'm sure there are online options for you if you really want people to look at your spreadsheet.

It's easy to protect yourself

always test files:

You should also set macro security as high / very high

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-macro-security-settings-in-excel-a97c09d2-c082-46b8-b19f-e8621e8fe373

Xrp_almighty 

I can confirm I downloaded the original spreadsheet which was over a year ago.... Nothing malicious in it. I would assume this is the same... 

8 hours ago, Sir-Loin said:

Xrp_almighty 

I can confirm I downloaded the original spreadsheet which was over a year ago.... Nothing malicious in it. I would assume this is the same... 

Thanks Sir-Lion. Also, just to confirm, no macros were added to the excel file when it was being made.