BiffTannen

How much do you own

4 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

You might need to put your tinfoil hat back on if you think "tax and law enforcement authorities" are checking to see how much XRP you have. You're just looking for a way to be offended. Like I said before if you don't want to post how much XRP you have then just don't. I'm not holding a gun to your head. 

Oh great! Don't answer the next knock on  your door; it's Obama, he needs your sidearm.

i believe we have a considerable number of %1 wallet size people over here , btw as i'm making twice of my annual income with every Dollar increase in the price , im satisfied with the amount of my zerps in the stash :thank_you2:

On 2/9/2018 at 4:28 AM, Tinyaccount said:

I don't know which way it would go....    It's kind of pointless anyway....   If I spent my life comparing to others I would always be dissapointed.  There is always someone better off.  Also there is always someone worse off.

My regret is that I don't have,  and didn't have earlier,  any more spare money to throw into Zerps because I'm absolutely convinced that barring exceedingly bad luck they will be a very good investment.  So I wish I had more.  Also I wish I had looked into Ripple earlier.  But such is life.   :) 

I think it's true that the number of people with big numbers will drop as people cash out. 

It`s even worse to have the money to invest and not do it. I was considering investing since the sub cent era. I was watching the price grow since January `17 and eventually got in at the end of last spring`s price rise. I could have easily bought over 1 million xrp with the fiat I eventually put in, but it was something I didn`t fully understand, never heard about blockchain before and I feared it to be a bubble already, tbh. I could have been a millionaire but I could have stayed away too... I guess we should be thankful for what we have, and keep in mind greed is an enormous disadvantage these days. 

Having said this, I am a big fan of Jed McCaleb, of both Ripple and Stellar, and consider these 2 coins to be the front runners of the crypto revolution. I also think that we are still in early days, so we should still see plenty of green days ahead of us. Just my 2 cents. lol always wanted to use this expression. Disclaimer I still hold a little of both xrp and xlm. 

I have been lurking around for a year now, although this is my first post. If some of the early contributors see my post, I want to express my gratitude for their effort to run this forum @karlos, and especially to @Hodor . I don`t have much valuable to bring to the growth of this forum as I am still learning,  but there`s a lot of valuable information these guys had brought over to the public, and helped me understand a little more what am I investing in.

When I said to some of my friends how I missed out on Ripple`s last spring price spike, and how not so many coins I have, some still started to envy me for what I considered to be far less than others have. Since then, I decided to keep it for myself. :)

English is not my native tongue, but I did my best. Hello to everyone.

13 hours ago, DrWhoAmI said:

To me, life changing means I can quit my job. Most people can't quit their job with 350K. It would last a few years, that's all. I've got a family, expenses, things add up. We spend about 10K a year just in medical. Don't get me wrong, it would be GREAT. Me, personally, I actually could quit my job then and my husband's salary would cover us quite well. But we live in a super reasonable cost of living place. Fuel is cheap, homes are cheap, food is cheap...

Cost of living makes a huge difference here. 

Correct me if I am wrong but I think you need around $200k generated income each year (before tax) from your assets to comfortably retire. Assuming a 4% return, it means you need about 5 million... or 50k XRPs if XRP hits $100 (moon target) :D

Edited by susli

On 8-2-2018 at 11:18 PM, BiffTannen said:

I know some people are weird about posting how much they have, but I'm always curious as to how much XRP other's own and what their average price is.

I only have 9,015 with an average price of 1.6 (ouch). Once binance opens back up I do plan on converting my ICX for another 900 or so XRP.

I'm still waiting to be adopted by the guy on here with 700k plus XRP so I can live in his mansion and do cool rich people things. 

DISCLAIMER!!! 

IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE SHARING HOW MUCH YOU OWN PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T TELL ME OR ANYBODY ELSE. 

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER talk about your investments value online.... period

1 minute ago, DKleijer said:

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER talk about your investments value online.... period

Don't worry I'm going to either buy or sell a random amount of XRP. Now nobody will know exactly how much I own again and I'll be safe from having them stolen

I have an idea as forum plugin! On your profile you can setup your average buy price and there would be ether red or green light next to your name depending on the current market rate... Also there could be optional setting for 5 categories of wallet sizes like Whale, White Shark, Dolphin, Dory and Nemo which would complete your profile and holding status. 

Who's up for some coding? 

6 hours ago, susli said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I think you need around $200k generated income each year (before tax) from your assets to comfortably retire. Assuming a 4% return, it means you need about 5 million... or 50k XRPs if XRP hits $100 (moon target) :D

Depends on where you live and what your lifestyle is, I would think. That's a great goal though! 

6 hours ago, susli said:

Unless we're talking about NYC or the silicon valley , where on Earth would you need 200k per year to survive? Average yearly household income where I live is about 50k per year with a per capita earnings around 19k per year.

8 minutes ago, Trendkill said:

Unless we're talking about NYC or the silicon valley , where on Earth would you need 200k per year to survive? Average yearly household income where I live is about 50k per year with a per capita earnings around 19k per year.

Don’t forget that when you quit your job, you’ll have like 200hrs more time per month to spend money. ;)