xrptipbot

Rippled validator in a few seconds: docker image

Since you can choose the distro in your container, why use Ubuntu and install an RPM via alien instead of using a centos or fedora container?

Hi, i run the container at Vultr. I can find my ip on the node list but the public key doesn't match the one that i have in keystore?
all the other keys start with n9... what am i missing here?
The uptime is correct and the ip.

Edited by Baboly

47 minutes ago, tulo said:

Which can be the problems and limitations of running it on docker?

Windows support is a bit limited.

47 minutes ago, tulo said:

Why Ripple never released a docker container for rippled?

Packaging and release management doesn't seem to be a strength or focus of the team that created and creates rippled.

@xrptipbot Thanks a lot! The other key was my pubkey_validator! :D The one starting with n9 is the pubkey_node!
I just looked at "cat /Keystore/validator-keys.json" and it's not listed there. 

I just set it up.  Wish there was an AMI so I can launch it on AWS.

Just updated my dns on Route53(AWS), see  the validation, but unable to verify with my domain name.  I guess the new record may take time to sync up.

20 hours ago, Baboly said:

@xrptipbot Thanks a lot! The other key was my pubkey_validator! :D The one starting with n9 is the pubkey_node!
I just looked at "cat /Keystore/validator-keys.json" and it's not listed there. 

If it's not listed there: could it be possible the folder isn't mounted to the container?

On 13-2-2018 at 8:48 PM, Baboly said:

@xrptipbot It's mounted, when i exec in to the container it's the same there. It seems it's just the public & private validator keys stored there and not the node keys.

Are you looking for your node or validator? What is the page you are looking at? Since the image is for a validator, so you would be able to find your pubkey at https://validators.ripple.com