Chewiecoin

My take on the Brad Garlinghouse interview at the Yahoo Finance Summit

You missed a very important point , Brad said ""I don’t think the US dollar's going away in my lifetime. I don’t think the US government's going away in my lifetime. The revolution isn’t happening outside the system. The revolution's going to happen inside the system."

What does that mean ? We don't need Bitcoin pairings. All cryptos should be quoted in Fiat.

4 hours ago, Blockchained said:

What does that mean ? We don't need Bitcoin pairings. All cryptos should be quoted in Fiat.

This means something so simple yet rocket science to crypto purists. It just means you can't beat banks or the government. No. Matter. What. Blockchain or bitcoin, as it always wanted, isn't even an inch close to closing one single bank even in Somalia. F*ck thinking about beating all of the world's banks. Instead banks and govs will use blockchain and be stronger than ever.

And no, he didn't refer to we not needing Bitcoin pairs at all. But that actually is the fact of the matter. We or any other crypto don't need Bitcoin for sh*t. Just a regulated exchange accepting fiat and we're good. Which is the future of crypto purchases.

Edited by ss6

8 minutes ago, Blockchained said:

You missed a very important point , Brad said ""I don’t think the US dollar's going away in my lifetime. I don’t think the US government's going away in my lifetime. The revolution isn’t happening outside the system. The revolution's going to happen inside the system."

He means real world use cases for blockchain and crypto, as opposed to some of the early bitcoin adopter notions of fiat and government replacement

8 minutes ago, Blockchained said:

Bitcoin is paired to Fiat and anything else is crap talk. Want to know real price of Bitcoin? Remove it from fiat pairing and tell me how much pizza will cost in BTC? Exactly, no economics.

Ripple is different, it complements fiat and makes it easy to use.

17 minutes ago, Blockchained said:

Also, it means that not all digital assets are trying to free people from banks and governments. A statement governments should like. You may refer to various statements by government representatives like for instance the one of Indian PM where he stated something along the lines that they will not allow crypto-currencies to become a legitimate part of the financial system.

13 minutes ago, Blockchained said:

You missed a very important point , Brad said ""I don’t think the US dollar's going away in my lifetime. I don’t think the US government's going away in my lifetime. 

What does that mean ? 

Our great grandkids won't carry wallets, won't vote in stalls and the aliens still won't talk to us because of Elon's car... 

Seriously tho', gov needs to be able to print money, perhaps gov should adopt the tether model underpinned by a depreciating transport token like xrp...

25 minutes ago, Blockchained said:

Not at all - I believe it was Bradspeak for needing to work within the existing financial and regulatory framework.  Smart.

35 minutes ago, Blockchained said:

Yes I loved this comment to. I made notes during the interview to comment on in here but realised my thread was getting too long. 

I don't think he was talking about getting rid of BTC pairings (although would this a bad thing?)  he was saying banks the government and FIAT aren't going anywhere. 

A digital token (not a crypto currency) that takes advantage of that relationship and helps and improves it. It's a no brainer. 

There was also his great comment about how regulation is coming and it will be very good for XRP and the other "small number" of utility coins. 

And also his comment about how Amazon and Google strarted during the dot com bubble. I love it when compares Ripple to these companies. As he should. 

So much good stuff to talk about. 

Edited by Chewiecoin

1 minute ago, John_Buh said:

Good summation @Chewiecoin  for me the BIG thing is the 20+  trillion  in nostro accounts.  Don't tell me that bankers would not

wish to free that capital up.  It just makes XRapid a hugely attractive alternative.

Exactly!

We will get there, one step at a time.

13 minutes ago, Blockchained said:

There are a lot of dreamers but Brad is not one of them , he has his two feet on the ground. That's why the team will succeed.

This. 

I am a huge fan of Brads. I have seen and worked with a few CEO's and not many are as dynamic as he is. Very Steve Jobs esk. A good CEO inspires people. 

We are lucky to have him as our captain.