Words from an old time HODL

GripandRip

A "long time holder" and you make a similar point like any other "1st post member" here. You just wrapped it in the reputation cover.

No offense, but the more appropriate title would be "a noob question".

9 hours ago, GripandRip said:

so I’m more concerned of my reputation .

-1 rep

Sorry but who cares about your rep if there was a thumbs down i would have given you one just for that, we are here for the rise of xrp and all believe in it 

Please go back to the gym and keep looking in the mirror 

@Godforce true, not really long term in that context.  True, I don’t fully understand how XRP and Ripple technology are inextricably connected.  

“Reputation” may have been the wrong way to phrase it.  I don’t give much thought to what others, particularly faceless names in chat rooms, think of me.  I do care to know what I’m talking about and I do generally find good information in this forum.  Perhaps my post was lazy, the details are all out there to be found.  

Thanks for the responses.  

1 hour ago, brettmgs said:

-1 rep

Sorry but who cares about your rep if there was a thumbs down i would have given you one just for that, we are here for the rise of xrp and all believe in it 

Please go back to the gym and keep looking in the mirror 

I do go to the gym periodically, there are mirrors there, I do look into them.  Sometimes I flex.

Regarding my original post, the rep reference was the wrong choice for sure.  I believe in what I know of XRP and I am interested in learning more.  

@GripandRipIf you are actively contributing in introducing people to Ripple/XRP/crypto, than I salute you miss/sir! Also I don't fully understand why you get a lot of negative comments (besides maybe a poor choice of words).

You are doing the same job as people like @Hodor, @TiffanyHayden, @PickleRick but than in your own community. This requires guts, brains and people skills and I'm pretty sure not everybody here takes the time to do this in there own surroundings. In my experience it can be rather tricky to do and as soon as the price goes south the people you helped, have the tendency to start to complain/panic. Also you have to answer the same questions/grief over and over again...

So hats of to you and don't let this thread get you down! 

12 hours ago, ThomasTheTGV said:

@GripandRipIf you are actively contributing in introducing people to Ripple/XRP/crypto, than I salute you miss/sir! Also I don't fully understand why you get a lot of negative comments (besides maybe a poor choice of words).

You are doing the same job as people like @Hodor, @TiffanyHayden, @PickleRick but than in your own community. This requires guts, brains and people skills and I'm pretty sure not everybody here takes the time to do this in there own surroundings. In my experience it can be rather tricky to do and as soon as the price goes south the people you helped, have the tendency to start to complain/panic. Also you have to answer the same questions/grief over and over again...

So hats of to you and don't let this thread get you down! 

Thanks @ThomasTheTGV  I will continue to support XRP and present what I know to people around me.  Admittedly, if I had read that post written by someone else, i may have thought to myself “that guy sounds like a douche”.  I’m not sure why I went down the reputation road or why I gave the headline like I was the original zerper.  I can’t really blame folks for some sarcastic backlash, unfortunately it was deserved in this case.  I Should have said “question from a relatively new XRP enthusiast”. With the simple question “what is the risk that Ripple the company takes off but XRPs do not reflect the value?”

Having learned that one can invest in Ripple stock, I will pursue that option as a mini hedge.

All good.  

Edited by GripandRip

23 hours ago, GripandRip said:

Folks, I’ve been a ZERP fan for over a year.  I love the application of the technology and I admit to loving the speculative nature of cryptos.  I’ve made money and still hold LTC, ETH, BTC, BTH, XLM and I even made money on DOGE.  Through it all, I have always held Ripple to a higher standard.  Here’s ,

my concern:  if the technology of Ripple takes off but XRP is not a part, will I look like a fool for investing in it?  I invest what I can stand to lose, so money isn’t the issue, but I preach the virtues of XRP to many, so I’m more concerned of my reputation .

why don't you read a lot first. This is not the first time someone asked this exact same question. Read @hodor blog read @JoelKatz responses on Quora and this forum. You can easily read them right?? What is the problem....

After reading if you still are not comfortable you can get out. Because no one here can assure 100% that it will succeed.

Edited by goldstar111

It is very hard, when you feel like you have found something great, to not want to share it with everyone. Wealth brings out a lot of things in your psyche. When we got to $3 I looked at my stack and I thought about what it meant for me to have that kind of luck, and the people who gave me a lot of backing and put their own butts on the line to help me succeed. I wanted to give them zerps as just a way of saying thanks to them for being there for me.

But I also thought as you did, to some extent. Would I look foolish for making a big deal about giving them access to something that would turn into a disappointment? Would they blame me for getting their hopes up in introducing them to something that sounded great but ended up being a big nothingburger.

I think this is what you meant about your reputation - would others resent you for sharing this great thing that ended up not working out.

I think you need to choose your audience carefully, but folks rarely resent you if you are sharing information out of hope or concern or excitement. If you gave them zerps and they bought more and lost, that is up to them.

Also, I share everything I understand about the tech, but I never mention where the price could go anymore, because inevitably that turns into questions about how much I have put in and how much XRP I personally own and that is a wholly other conversation with it's own emotional complexities that I just don't want to engage in.

It is very different if you encouraged them to buy more with the hope it would raise the price and make you wealthy. So for example if you told them to buy, the value went up and then you sold your stash, I would think that would reflect poorly on your motivations for sharing your advice. It's okay to be wrong. It's not okay to fleece your friends and neighbors while you make out like a bandit.

I hope that makes sense and that it touches on the spirit, if not the phrasing, of your question.

EDIT: XRP is not a nothingburger. It is a prime cut, just needs a bit of slowcooking to come out right. ?

EDIT 2: Consider that, if Ripple is big and XRP sees high values, there is pretty much no way to escape other folks feelings of resentment. It's the price of success... We'll all need a thicker skin if that is the case - forged in the fires of FUDthrowers.

Edited by jag216