Aapeli

Man Who Introduced Millions to Bitcoin Says Blockchain Is a Bust

My question about all this interledger thing is : How does ripple Labs makes profit from all this? Because in the end they are company like any other, and all that matters in any company are the numbers in the end.
How does the Ripple Ledger play an outstanding role in a world where all ledgers are interconnected?

I think RCL will have an early advantage at least, being ILP-ready. And you can use RCL for pathfinding as part of an ILP payments chain. Plus Ripple as devs are always in-the-know with the tech and can position ahead of time. XRP is also an IDEAL bridge asset, i.e. for escrow between disparate ledgers (again, via short or long ILP chains).

Both articles are very good. The one mentioned by @MundoXRP even better. 

After what is (still) happening in BTC and after the serial ETH/DAO/ETH fiasco, one has to question himself if all the blockchain effort is really necessary. And if you still have a blockchain, then better keep it as simple as possible, otherwise you are in a real trouble sooner than you might think.

Sure this is heavily simplified and maybe exaggerated, but still: when you think people will start see Ethereum as an over-complicated project predetermined to fail?

And also: when will start media abandoning the blockchain campaign to make another twist Bitcoin -> Blockchain -> to what now? Perhaps Consensus?

1 hour ago, fh13 said:

My question about all this interledger thing is : How does ripple Labs makes profit from all this? Because in the end they are company like any other, and all that matters in any company are the numbers in the end.
How does the Ripple Ledger play an outstanding role in a world where all ledgers are interconnected?

How does Google profit from the growth and spread of the Internet?

17 minutes ago, JoelKatz said:

How does Google profit from the growth and spread of the Internet?

Well Google doesn't profit from the growth of the internet, at least not directly. It profits from it's services, and more people use their services as the internet grows,sure.

But again how is ripple  going to be the new Google in the internet of value, or what makes it outstanding from other ledgers?

Sorry didn't read your answer before posting mine @rippledigital

Edited by fh13

30 minutes ago, fh13 said:

Well Google doesn't profit from the growth of the internet, at least not directly. It profits from it's services, and more people use their services as the internet grows,sure.

But again how is ripple  going to be the new Google in the internet of value, or what makes it outstanding from other ledgers?

Sorry didn't read your answer before posting mine @rippledigital

Think @rippledigital summed it pretty well up. 
@JoelKatz Google is not a good comparison because an important part of their revenues comes from ads. 

3 hours ago, MundoXRP said:

This article is sourcing his medium post. "The Subtle Tyranny of Blockchain" by Stefan Thomas https://medium.com/@justmoon/the-subtle-tyranny-of-blockchain-91d98b8a3a65#.wg1t2f80v 

Great. Now I have 'Everything is Awesome' stuck in my head.

Besides a great taste in movies I liked the point that he summed up in the end. Blockchain was hyped as a means to free us all from first banks than eventually every oppressive agency that makes us conform. And yet blockchains force conformity and majority rule as much if not more so than most systems.

3 hours ago, fh13 said:

My question about all this interledger thing is : How does ripple Labs makes profit from all this? 

Ripple can offer services on top being the experts.

The real quesion is how RCL (and XRP) will be useful in an ILP network. But we already had this discussion too many times...