I think XRP is an investment, not a gamble

@OzAlphaWolf you will get a lot of likes on this because you are preaching to the choir, but I want to say thank you for taking the time to write in detail about your thoughts. Like you, I don't expect xrp or crypto to go to zero and stay there. That's simply not going to happen any time soon, considering the wheels that are already in motion. 

If you were gonna sell, you should've sold already. If you were gonna hold, then hold. If you're over exposed, reduce your exposure and relax. 

Nothing has changed about xrp except the price. That's not nothing, but it's not everything either. 

We don't know the future, but we know pretty damn confidently that right now is not the end. 

@Seoulite, thanks. I'm partly writing for myself, pulling together a lot of threads into a bigger picture. But also, I want to encourage those who may not have the time or investigative will to dig as deep into the background. There'll be a lot of people thinking, "Why? What's happening?" I want to say, "Don't worry about it. This too shall pass." The Ripple team are not blind, nor are they foolish. The threads spread in so many directions. The future is exciting.

I am also a holder of XRP an bullish. Nevertheless, we have to wait for the results of the xRapid pilot projects and if the financial institutions will adopt it also on a larger scale, after testing.

These days, the volatilty of XRP is just horrible and also there is a big spread between bid and ask. For small transactions, that does not matter that much. A 0.5% spread is like 5$ for a thousand US-Dollars transaction.

But if you want to send a million dollars, half a percent is quite a lot of money. As far as I know, xRapid currently works with exchanges. So there is room for improvement. I did read they want to develop futures markets for XRP.

Edited by Zockempire

@OzAlphaWolf High quality piece you put up sir.

These kinds of opinion piece are relevant and much needed by all of us especially on times like these, as fear, uncertainty and doubt are on an unprecedented level and not only on cryptos, but on all markets as well.

Here's hoping that xrp's future would be the brightest among its peers. ??

Edited by x5977
4 hours ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Mastercard are betting on Ripple to power payments within the blockchain revolution that is overtaking insurance. I have no doubt they have other use cases in operation or development.

Hi, where can I find any reference about this? I strongly believe in XRP (Ripple) adoption in retail payments too.

2 hours ago, Spartaksus said:

Hi, where can I find any reference about this? I strongly believe in XRP (Ripple) adoption in retail payments too.

Further info here. KPMG did a presentation on how blockchain will change the face of insurance. Mastercard utilising Ripple is mentioned as part of the payments processing section.

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/18213-mastercard-this-might-be-old-news-but-very-interesting

Edited by OzAlphaWolf