RegalChicken

If You Could Retire, Would You Sell If...

6 minutes ago, Eruption said:

I bet having an Anytime Fitness would be cheap.

I'd probably go crossfit. But like the ones you see everywhere today. Mine would be the old school 'dangerous' kind with weekend field trips to various locations, trails, beaches etc for workouts. I'd have a lounge and bar and semi retail area.  Couches, TV playing sports, start my own competitive league serious etc. :D

I know my goals seem lofty (nowhere near a large stack) but my plan is to cash out 20% at $500. That will allow me to build my church a building, buy 10 acres and build a house for my wife and I to raise as many kids as we want, buy myself a Tesla Model S, and obtain a class C quadplex in my town for rental income while I still work. I plan on letting the ~10,000 XRP eft ride until it hits $1,000 (if it doesn’t look like it will hit that I will reconsider my final out point) and with that money I will buy/build multiple large apartment complexes, storage units, and make some traditional “safe” investments. I’ll save a couple hundred thousand for more crypto speculation, and probably keep about 1,000 XRP just for the heck of it. I’m only 20 years old, so I have he ability to make these risks now, because I have the rest of my life to make up for them if they don’t pan out. That’s my ideal out plan, but if it eventually looks like we have capped out at our ceiling then I will get out then (I’m talking 2-3 years of no growth). Call me crazy, but that’s my plan. 

15 minutes ago, TheRustyHammer said:

I know my goals seem lofty (nowhere near a large stack) but my plan is to cash out 20% at $500. That will allow me to build my church a building, buy 10 acres and build a house for my wife and I to raise as many kids as we want, buy myself a Tesla Model S, and obtain a class C quadplex in my town for rental income while I still work. I plan on letting the ~10,000 XRP eft ride until it hits $1,000 (if it doesn’t look like it will hit that I will reconsider my final out point) and with that money I will buy/build multiple large apartment complexes, storage units, and make some traditional “safe” investments. I’ll save a couple hundred thousand for more crypto speculation, and probably keep about 1,000 XRP just for the heck of it. I’m only 20 years old, so I have he ability to make these risks now, because I have the rest of my life to make up for them if they don’t pan out. That’s my ideal out plan, but if it eventually looks like we have capped out at our ceiling then I will get out then (I’m talking 2-3 years of no growth). Call me crazy, but that’s my plan. 

I love that!! 

Edited by RegalChicken

3 hours ago, RegalChicken said:

If xrp hit say $10 and it's enough to retire modestly would you sell out even thinking it could go to $20?

Whatever your number is. 

If it $25 and it was a life changing amount for you... Would you sell at $25 this year even if predictions and speculators still thought we could hit $50-100 in another year? 

Would you HODL for years longer than you need to? 

Or are you on the other end of the spectrum now planning to sell once your break even after the last dip? 

There's a good mix of folks here who bought from  $.005 to $3.50 so I'm curious. 

A year ago if $10 was your magic number would you still cash out at $10 if it hit it as early as this spring and you gut said it could go to $30?

I play with these numbers in my head all the time. Originally I was gonna cash out 10% at $2 but instead I bought more. 

I have no regrets but my longterm targets have all increased after seeing how fast xrp could move in December. 

I don't know that I ever see myself selling all my XRP. At $20, I could be completely debt free....that alone would be life changing. 

My sell point is not necessarily a $$ amount...it is time. I started this journey saying I was HODLing for 5 to 10 years. I maintain that I will, while still owning a majority of my XRP at 10 years. My prayer is that after 10 years we will have the ability to do more good than we ever thought possible.

Blessings!

If I ever have a chance to cash out completely and know that I've got more than enough money to retire modestly after taxes and would be in a position to choose whether to work or not, then yes I absolutely would cash it all out.  I spent my 20's chasing money.  I was successful (by my standards), but ultimately I'm now 30 and feel I wasted a lot of time.  I won't make that mistake again and I'm glad I learned it by 30.  I work with guys who are 50 and 60 who haven't figured it out yet.

2 hours ago, individu said:

5$, 10%

20$ ,20%

30$, 30%

40$, 40%

I will quit my day job at 20$, purchase a class C motorhome and travel across Canada and US :D

I love your laddered scheme! Here's my version:

$5, 10%

$20, 20%

$45, 20%

$70, 20%

$100, 30%

I've thought about this a lot.  I'm going to see what 2018 brings.  My XRP won't fall into the long term capital gains until late summer and near year end, for the majority of XRP that I hold. We'll see what the news is, the amount of volatility that we deal with, etc etc etc.  So many factors that I couldn't even predict will come into play.

I have a relative 'bare bones' retirement number.  I wouldn't 'like' to be stuck at this amount forever, but it would be enough that I'd never have to work again at a 3% inflation adjusted withdrawal rate, if I didn't want to.

In order to achieve this level, I think I'd be willing to part with no more than half of the stack that I have.  The rest would be a longer term hold.

I'm not looking to get mega rich.  Ideally I'd have a few million, which would allow me to never have to worry about spending again, and would allow me to take care of my family members.  Anything beyond that would be in the 'greedy' territory.  I wouldn't say no to it, but if I can't be happy with less......more money won't do the trick either.

Just think if XRP was at a point in which you could sell it off to achieve retirement or whatever dream you have.  Imagine how ****** you'd feel if greed overcame you and you didn't cash out when you had the chance, and then the opportunity went away.  THIS is the most important piece to my analysis.  I think that there is a balancing act between capturing what you need, and holding more in hope of even larger future gains.

3 hours ago, Eruption said:

I can't retire. I need human contact everyday. Need $400,000 for a coffee house franchise. I know I would do multiple locations so double or triple that.

A neighborhood bar like wild wing cafe would be cool. That's probably around $450000 as well and a quick heart attack. At least I would see women once in a while. The current work place is a sausage fest.

A film/tv production company is still in the mix too. That might not be as expensive due to other investors. I

I like my small post divorce house and the mustang gt. I might keep everything the same . No Lambo needed. I'm only pulling out what I need.

You can't get human contact unless you have a job?  Hmm.

Do what works for you.  I just think that many people hold this false delusion.

I have about $3000 XRP that Im playing with and selling during big runs and buying back during correction/consolidation whatever the hell we want to call it now. Hopefully I will be able to grow my stack a little more by doing so. At $5 I'm pulling out my original investment. I'm thinking that there are going to be some good sell offs at $5, $10, $20, $30, $40, $45 $50  then it will happen really big at $100. I'm not selling any major percentages until we are past $50. Of course this also depends on the MOJO of the market. I think it's going to be a while for this thing to boom again. I think everyone is scared sh^&less. Of course this will pass unless something catostrophic happens. 

Edited by Gangus

I’ve always fantasized about owning my own golf club. Not a public course but a private club. Depending on how much XRP I buy in the near future a $250 price could get it done without jepordizing the rest of my financial well being.

I have a bunch of friends who enjoy their food and drinks so the bar/restaurant could keep the lights on.