If You Could Retire, Would You Sell If...

1 minute ago, Eruption said:

I can't retire. I need human contact everyday. Need $400,000 for a coffee house franchise. I know I would do multiple locations so double or triple that.

A neighborhood bar like wild wing cafe would be cool. That's probably around $450000 as well and a quick heart attack. At least I would see women once in a while. The current work place is a sausage fest.

A film/tv production company is still in the mix too. That might not be as expensive due to other investors. I

I like my small post divorce house and the mustang gt. I might keep everything the same . No Lambo needed. I'm only pulling out what I need.

I think we are exact opposites.  If I could retire I would see how long I can go without seeing another person, lol.  Many of the jobs I've had up until this point have made me hate people basically.  Individuals I know, not that bad, but just random public, hate everyone.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my story. When I bought my first zerps, it was about 0.052 cents and I used to have pretty much zerps at that moment. About 2 months after, the price spiked to 0.42, I kept them all but the pr

I know my goals seem lofty (nowhere near a large stack) but my plan is to cash out 20% at $500. That will allow me to build my church a building, buy 10 acres and build a house for my wife and I to ra

Good replies!! It's good to see the very bullish sentiment here. I love it. 

Posted Images

Definitely depends on how fast the price is moving. If we hit a decent number that would change my life, perhaps buy a house or investment property with, and it plateaued for a few months, I'd consider selling. If it hits that number and keeps going... Well I might stick around a bit longer :drinks:

Also, after maybe 5 or so years if my # isn't achieved, I will reassess my expectations and if the price is somewhat stable, I'd consider withdrawing if I can get better returns in another investment vehicle.  

Edited by Guest

I need it to be pretty high for me to retire and not have to lower my standard of living, not to mention I’m in my mid 30’s so it’s going to have to last a long time.  I plan to withdraw my initial investment by $10 and then let it ride depending on how the market develops.  I’m on pace for a very nice retirement by 55 without taking crypto into account so I’m pretty safe even if it goes to $0.  That said, I’d be withdrawing portions at $100, $250 and then probably let the last bit ride in case it goes bonkers to $500+ and I’d leave that to my kids.  I don’t necessarily think it will go much above $50 like some people but I do think it’s a possibility so I plan on letting it ride in case.  

2 minutes ago, Cryptsycrackers said:

I think we are exact opposites.  If I could retire I would see how long I can go without seeing another person, lol.  Many of the jobs I've had up until this point have made me hate people basically.  Individuals I know, not that bad, but just random public, hate everyone.

I talk to so many different people at work I have gotten in trouble for it. The old women feed me. Gotta talk to them

6 minutes ago, Eruption said:

I can't retire. I need human contact everyday. Need $400,000 for a coffee house franchise. I know I would do multiple locations so double or triple that.

A neighborhood bar like wild wing cafe would be cool. That's probably around $450000 as well and a quick heart attack. At least I would see women once in a while. The current work place is a sausage fest.

A film/tv production company is still in the mix too. That might not be as expensive due to other investors. I

I like my small post divorce house and the mustang gt. I might keep everything the same . No Lambo needed. I'm only pulling out what I need.

Definitely digging the coffee house idea. Always wanted to open a small one near a beach somewhere warm. Swimwear is encouraged. 

9 minutes ago, Eruption said:

We are kinda similar. At $10 I could buy my dream cabin but then I'd be broke again + a cabin lol. 

At like $30 I think I could 'retire' but I'd start a gym. So I would still be working but focused 100% on what I love. 

When I first bought XRP I could have retired at $10. Unfortunately in the mean time I made a few poor decisions and my drop everything and retire price point is now $50. One thing I realized in the last wave though was that I don't intend to cash out. Instead I'd like to take about $10-30k out a year for a general life boost rather than get a huge stack at once and hand most over to the tax man and not know what to do with the rest.

1 minute ago, FixnUrPowerline said:

Definitely digging the coffee house idea. Always wanted to open a small one near a beach somewhere warm. Swimwear is encouraged. 

I will not serve the customers. The help will do that. Lol

45 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

If xrp hit say $10 and it's enough to retire modestly would you sell out even thinking it could go to $20?

Whatever your number is. 

If it $25 and it was a life changing amount for you... Would you sell at $25 this year even if predictions and speculators still thought we could hit $50-100 in another year? 

Would you HODL for years longer than you need to? 

Or are you on the other end of the spectrum now planning to sell once your break even after the last dip? 

There's a good mix of folks here who bought from  $.005 to $3.50 so I'm curious. 

A year ago if $10 was your magic number would you still cash out at $10 if it hit it as early as this spring and you gut said it could go to $30?

I play with these numbers in my head all the time. Originally I was gonna cash out 10% at $2 but instead I bought more. 

I have no regrets but my longterm targets have all increased after seeing how fast xrp could move in December. 

Not a chance.  No point in retiring until I can buy my tank :)

2 minutes ago, Acorn said:

When I first bought XRP I could have retired at $10. Unfortunately in the mean time I made a few poor decisions and my drop everything and retire price point is now $50. One thing I realized in the last wave though was that I don't intend to cash out. Instead I'd like to take about $10-30k out a year for a general life boost rather than get a huge stack at once and hand most over to the tax man and not know what to do with the rest.

I've considered that same approach... Keep working but basically give yourself annual bonuses along the way. 

1 minute ago, RegalChicken said:

We are kinda similar. At $10 I could buy my dream cabin but then I'd be broke again + a cabin lol. 

At like $30 I think I could 'retire' but I'd start a gym. So I would still be working but focused 100% on what I love. 

I bet having an Anytime Fitness would be cheap.

4 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

I've considered that same approach... Keep working but basically give yourself annual bonuses along the way. 

Yeah that is a good idea @Acorn has! Maybe use it as an annual vacation fund or something 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.