If You Could Retire, Would You Sell If...

If xrp hit say $10 and it's enough to retire modestly would you sell out even thinking it could go to $20?

Whatever your number is. 

If it $25 and it was a life changing amount for you... Would you sell at $25 this year even if predictions and speculators still thought we could hit $50-100 in another year? 

Would you HODL for years longer than you need to? 

Or are you on the other end of the spectrum now planning to sell once your break even after the last dip? 

There's a good mix of folks here who bought from  $.005 to $3.50 so I'm curious. 

A year ago if $10 was your magic number would you still cash out at $10 if it hit it as early as this spring and you gut said it could go to $30?

I play with these numbers in my head all the time. Originally I was gonna cash out 10% at $2 but instead I bought more. 

I have no regrets but my longterm targets have all increased after seeing how fast xrp could move in December. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my story. When I bought my first zerps, it was about 0.052 cents and I used to have pretty much zerps at that moment. About 2 months after, the price spiked to 0.42, I kept them all but the pr

I know my goals seem lofty (nowhere near a large stack) but my plan is to cash out 20% at $500. That will allow me to build my church a building, buy 10 acres and build a house for my wife and I to ra

Good replies!! It's good to see the very bullish sentiment here. I love it. 

Posted Images

I can't retire until it hits $500-1000 AUD (closer to the latter). But I am also probably younger than most on here, and have a much smaller stash.

Also my idea of retirement is to retire and live better than I am currently.

Edit: But anything over $50 is life changing for me. Just under $100 for millionaire status

Edited by retryW

I plan to put an exit strategy on a spreadsheet, though I won’t tie myself to it. It will have incremental sells, with the first one around $5.

What I play with in my head is - what’s my definition of life changing money? After being able to max out my kids’ 529s for the next several years, and having a decent travel fund, I need to think about what else I’d really want and attach a cost to it. When it comes down to it, I’m happiest when living simply and prefer not being surrounded by “stuff”.  Mostly I’d like to afford the freedom of not having to worry about money.  

my magic # is $200.  Dont burst meh bubble!

I wouldnt cash out completely.  Id sell approximately 40% of my stack.  That would be enough for me to live comfortably with the lifestyle I want without worry.  Id leave the rest.

Hope it goes to 200! lol 

A few weeks back, I sold 1% of my XRP to recoup some money.  I expected a correction.  I did not expect a crash.  But one thing I have learned about this entire market is things can turnaround very quickly.

I have always viewed XRP as a long term play.  My ideal range is $10-100.  The plan has always been to gradually cash out.

I bought in at $0.23 and the first thing for me is to only sell when I have 3x my full debt. Car, Mortgage, Bills, and any other misc debt. Than only sell 1/3 of my stack to live debt free while I still work my normal job till my price is hit to retire is double what I need. The money you get and need now to retire may not be enough later when the price of everything goes up every year and taxes change with the more you have.

Well I spent around $30k when it was around $2.40-$2.5 (yeah, lesson learned). But I've been buying throughout the downfall and I only wish I would've spent the $30k now instead of during the peak lol. My plan is to hodl 2-3 years then re-evaluate the situation and see where it goes. I've lost $2k in the past by making stupid decisions on other coins but I have full faith in ripple and their mission. Maybe I'll cash some out at $10 so I can get some of my initial investment back, but that's because I want to buy a new jeep wrangler :D

I can't retire. I need human contact everyday. Need $400,000 for a coffee house franchise. I know I would do multiple locations so double or triple that.

A neighborhood bar like wild wing cafe would be cool. That's probably around $450000 as well and a quick heart attack. At least I would see women once in a while. The current work place is a sausage fest.

A film/tv production company is still in the mix too. That might not be as expensive due to other investors. I

I like my small post divorce house and the mustang gt. I might keep everything the same . No Lambo needed. I'm only pulling out what I need.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.