The enemy's gate is down

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Market conditions for Zerpening have never been as good as they are in this very moment.  ICOs are about to get creamed as are anonymity coins and any cryptos capable of facilitating money laundering.

Someone plays Call of Duty way too much. 

Questionable. Bitcoin is dragging the market down and even if GREAT news comes out now it's entirely possible it won't make much of a dent at all. It might be wiser to wait for BTC to consolidate for

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, automatic said:

Too much?  I disagree:

• Job of any marketing department is shamelessly self-promote the company.  About the only time Ripple has ever done this was during their famous "3...2...1...Swell?" stunt.
  • Garlinghouse has been making the rounds for some time now stating that all other coins are sh!t coins (not the exact words, but the intent).   Stated at the time of market ATH, this only served to come across as sore losers whining from their third-place bleachers.   All evidence at this point in time indicates that all other coins ARE actually sh!t.   Restate the message and I guarantee you that the reception will be quite different this time around.
  • People will grasp at straws when the market is tanking looking for any possible way out.   All this is needed to rally the market around xrp is to provide masses with *meaning*.  And the meaning is this:  all other coins are sh!t, which is why they are tanking.   Ripple has not only goals, but actual plans, and have been executing upon those plans. Our track record supports all of these claims, and the current market conditions reinforce core messages we have been promoting this whole time.  Everyone else basically deceived you, while we have been busy solving actual problems.

Shameless?  Not if its true.  Plus, "shameless self-promotion" is literally what marketing departments are supposed to do.

Guys, I'm telling you;  it is all mob mentality right now, and in desperate times mobs will be looking for a meaning.  Tailor the message in a manner that explains why the current market is tanking (Garlinghouse message retweaked), and that will cause them to accept the message as true (as the market is actually tanking).  Then, explain to them why Ripple is better, and - aside from all reasoning actually being factual - they will actually buy the message because they will now be paying attention by virtue of the initial statement being true (market is tanking because of sh!t coins).

This is nothing more than social engineering + smart business.  Opportunity always comes with an attached time window;  wait too long and it ceases to be an opportunity and frequently turns into a liability.  Timing in business is critical, and the timing on this one literally could not be better.

Hell, if they don't want to take it that far then a simple "3...2...1...Brad is attending a conference" would do.  Market needs to look this way, for if they do they might just find what they have been looking for.

Next question, why the hell am I coming up with these ideas? I'm not even a marketing guy and Ripple already has a marketing department.  What are they doing?  Taking extended winter holiday break?  Wow, that sounds swell;  do I get the same benefits if I'm their next marketing intern?

Um, well, Ripple's business (and, hence, marketing) plan is not oriented toward those who buy crypto, and there is no reason for it to be.  Personally, I would prefer them to wait and release info as their partners approve while they continue to improve their position in the market.  

Bitcoin is not the enemy.

31 minutes ago, JA8 said:

Questionable. Bitcoin is dragging the market down and even if GREAT news comes out now it's entirely possible it won't make much of a dent at all. It might be wiser to wait for BTC to consolidate for a few weeks. The exception to this rule would be something like announcing major XRP *live* partnerships with major banks, once per week over the next couple of months.

You are absolutely correct that a continued pattern of "xyz bank is now using Ripple... we mean xCurrent... which is not xrp"  would have no effect.  A two-step approach is needed as I described above;  first, market's attention needs to be captured by providing an acceptable meaning for the total market decline.   Again, the current drop can be used as validation for Brad's previous catty statements on other cryptos, which will require nothing more than continuing to walk the established Ripple party communication line.  Once the market accepts previous statements as being true - which they will due to current market conditions - it is only then that all existing messages and announcements should be reiterated, and then the stream of announcements continued. 

This entire maneuver can literally be pulled off using content that already exists and announcements that have already been made.   No new content needed;  100% marketing and market positioning play.

1 minute ago, Tyrell said:

Um, well, Ripple's business (and, hence, marketing) plan is not oriented toward those who buy crypto, and there is no reason for it to be.  Personally, I would prefer them to wait and release info as their partners approve while they continue to improve their position in the market.  

Agree.

Ripple sels software solutions to companies, why do ppl forget this.

2 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

Ripple sels software solutions to companies, why do ppl forget this.

Because for some of those solutions to function as intended, the market needs to be highly liquid.  In order for market to be highly liquid, xrp needs to capture crypto market share and increase in price.  There is no better time to do that than right now.

....or we can all just go back to taking our nap figuring that things will sort themselves out on their own just fine.  That's not how I roll though.

6 minutes ago, Tyrell said:

Also agree. Ripple doesn't view bitcoin as an enemy, even though the people who hold a large stake in bitcoin would love to see XRP fail. 

If bitcoin is destroyed, then it could take a long time for confidence in this market to recover.

By strategically positioning XRP to the number one spot by coordinated massive buys along with positive news, even if bitcoin dies off - XRP will thrive and it can lead this market to a trillion dollars market cap. Allowing market confidence to be destroyed through Bitcoin is a disaster we will all be affected by. 

Sorry for typos, typing on my phone is terrible..

1 minute ago, automatic said:

Because for some of those solutions to function as intended, the market needs to be highly liquid.  In order for market to be highly liquid, xrp needs to capture crypto market share and increase in price.  There is no better time to do that than right now.

....or we can all just go back to taking our nap figuring that things will sort themselves out on their own just fine.  That's not how I roll though.

I agree with most of your points except underlined point because this is not the only way for market to be liquid,. To be more precise there are possibilities of market liquidity  that dont even need xrp to be listed or associated with crypto market. That is why i dont think ripple should put such importance on crypto market rather then on their bussines.

Enemy is not the right term. And in fact, BTC is the least powerful of adversaries if it is to be taken as an adversary.

Understand one thing, the bigger the crypto market is, the better off we all are. What good is it to have a 50% market share in 300 billion market? I would rather have 15% of a 10 Trillion dollar market.

Let's stop with this tribal non-sense.

My two cents:

Ripple were very unfortunate that the market didn't last until the end of 2018 before the major correction/crash. In 1-1.5 years time there will be some production usage of xRapid and some more known partnerships. Now, imagine if the pyramid scheme that is BTC collapsed by the end of 2018 when Ripple were gaining speed - the flippening could have happened within weeks literally. 

However, the crash now came at the worst time possible - XRP was finally appreciating in value and was talked about. There were a lot of people waiting to get verified and to get into crypto - I'd imagine half of them now wouldn't put a penny in this market (most of my friends that were waiting to buy in now they won't seeing this carnage). I won't be surprised if some companies (that wanted to hold XRP as they've been told that it should appreciate in value if XRP gets adopted) backed out after seeing how the market is essentially trading bots doing the exact same thing. 

Also, the thing is Ripple can't do anything at the moment - their hands are tied by NDAs and I also don't believe they have that many XRP related news that will cause a major XRP price rise - there should be something in the magnitude of Amazon so that the trading bots exclude XRP from the algos. 

8 minutes ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

Also agree. Ripple doesn't view bitcoin as an enemy, even though the people who hold a large stake in bitcoin would love to see XRP fail. 

If bitcoin is destroyed, then it could take a long time for confidence in this market to recover.

By strategically positioning XRP to the number one spot by coordinated massive buys along with positive news, even if bitcoin dies off - XRP will thrive and it can lead this market to a trillion dollars market cap. Allowing market confidence to be destroyed through Bitcoin is a disaster we will all be affected by. 

Sorry for typos, typing on my phone is terrible..

OK, but I still don't think any of that is necessary.  It would look good to us, but I invested in XRP because I have confidence in Ripple and its products.  I still do.  I don't think there is any big need to take the top crypto spot right now.  We all win if the company succeeds. 

7 minutes ago, Tyrell said:

OK, but I still don't think any of that is necessary.  It would look good to us, but I invested in XRP because I have confidence in Ripple and its products.  I still do.  I don't think there is any big need to take the top crypto spot right now.  We all win if the company succeeds. 

Agreed. Not necessary at all. Would it be ideal? I think it would because it will help restore market confidence if assets pull away from Bitcoin and "live" on their own merits. XRP could lead the charge.

I agree with what you're saying, though.