Rchopra

XRP DISTRIBUTION UPDATE

104 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Dont forget to add Jed's 10,000,000 xrp/week

Yep, so that may very well be the only XRP sold on the market, at the same time ripple  is selling to FIs...

GreatValue likes this

1 hour ago, baggy23 said:

I don't see much positive in this news.

What happens if demand rises and new supply is constant? The same can be said about the opposite scenario, so place your bet depending how you think this will play out. Just realize the ripple team might be on the verge of doing the impossible so demand will shift accordingly. 

tomxcs and Duke67 like this

Someone has obviously thought very long and hard about it but I don't get that update at all lol.

I think the effect of that post is negative, if they had said they were locking up 50bill that would be positive?

It suggests to me they think potentially the best they can do is sell 3 bill per year over the next 5 years, a lock up to 2021 is something different and would be very positive.

Edited by Haraldo

Honestly, I do not want to see XRP doing crazy dog tricks on Polo. I would not feel comfortable seeing 500% price increase in 12 hours that some pumper ignites with his 100 BTC. 

What I want to see - and I think we will eventually get it - is slow but constant price appreciation on serious volumes. And the XRP distribution policy update might be in line with this.

:victory:

Just now, Duke67 said:

Honestly, I do not want to see XRP doing crazy dog tricks on Polo. I would not feel comfortable seeing 500% price increase in 12 hours that some pumper ignites with his 100 BTC. 

What I want to see - and I think we will eventually get it - is slow but constant price appreciation on serious volumes. And the XRP distribution policy update might be in line with this.

The policy update doesn't actually say anything.

29 minutes ago, Duke67 said:

I think you need to pay closer attention to the depth chart on Poloniex ;)

25 minutes ago, thunderw said:

This is taking a load of potential XRP supply from the market. Very good news! 

How do you draw that conclusion?

Ok, so if we were take roughly 50bil by 2021 and say that is "out in the wild" we can make some rough calculations. Let's then say that XRP's market cap is roughly Bitcoin's current marketcap by 2021. That puts the price of XRP around .18 cents (9bil / 50bil). I'm using that as hopefully a low ball figure. If you want to be a millionaire around 2021 you will need about 5,555,555 XRP. If you were to buy all of that under 1 penny (lets say .0075) it would cost you roughly 41,666 USD.

P.S. Please do not use as financial advice.

Duke67 and rippleric like this