1 hour ago, Alluvial said:

Looks like Ripple acquired 295,312,650 xrps this past week ending June 4, 2017, for a new distribution figure of 38,326,381,283.  The past few weeks have seen a big distribution, a big acquisition, then a big distribution, and this week a big acquisition.

Does anyone know the circumstances which could cause Ripple to acquire xrp?  I don't think Ripple is buying on the open market.  Maybe something to do with the OTC sales?

http://www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/investors/disclosure/presentation/pdf/170428presentations.pdf

Maybe Japan needs them? 

Ripple did not provide a distribution update for last week.  It normally comes out on Thursday or Friday, and Ripple had been updating every week like clockwork.  

Now, our latest update is through June 18.  

On 8/15/2016 at 5:36 PM, Dizer said:

So, for the next 5 years, Ripple Inc. will distribute only 14.4 billion XRP out of their current 64.4 billion stash?! Few questions come to mind.

How much of that will be distributed to Market Makers as part of the incentive program?

How much of that will be shared with FIs?

How much of that will be consumed through processing transactions on RCL as part of spam protection?

They are not planning to get rid of their stash in any significant way for at least the next 5 years. This distribution amount means that they will continue to be, by far, the largest holder of XRP and therefore exercise complete control over the price (i.e. depress prices by selling more if XRP appreciates too much). So we are likely to see current conditions persist. XRP's price, at least for the next 5 years, will never be allowed to fluctuate by organic market demand and supply as long as Ripple Inc. acts as a central bank for this market. 

I wish I could share @lucky's speculation that they want to keep the lion's share of an asset they believe will appreciate in value, but another possibility is for me to kiss goodbye any dream I had of retiring within the next 5 years if ever.

i dont think this is recent. they already announced plans to lock up and distribute up to a billion a month for the next 5 years. they are using the xrp like a weapon. giving to banks they partner with. everyone wants xrp to rise.

For the record, since there was no June 30th figure available we will have to use this for Q3 beginning balance 

XRP Distribution

From date:

June 17, 2017

To date:

July 8, 2017

Change:

-5,536,586 XRP

Held by Ripple:

61,708,713,132 XRP

Held by others:

38,285,851,204 XRP*

Total XRP: