Rchopra

XRP DISTRIBUTION UPDATE

173 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lucky said:

for the record

Not even 200 million issued. I thought they would have issued lot more in this duration... 

Rchopra likes this

1 minute ago, RDS said:

Not even 200 million issued. I thought they would have issued lot more in this duration... 

They are 6x more expensive now so it corresponds to 1.2b xrps from last month :)

Rchopra likes this

Just now, seve7ete said:

They are 6x more expensive now so it corresponds to 1.2b xrps from last month :)

i know what you mean mate, but more supply is better because that reduces the risk of sudden dump by company...

Rchopra likes this

Greetings all,

I am a newbie to xrp chat although I have been reading treads on here quite some time without ever becoming a member.  I just changed that because I have been following ripple for years now and have been invested for quite sometime.  I see a lot of  bad news and thought I would play a part to spread joy and cheer.  I found a great video and hope that people that come across it can showcase it in other heavily visited areas to try to keep a positive image alive.  I know its a small contribution and sure some of you have seen it but in the event that you have not I hope it lifts spirits and I hope you pass it along.....

Hodor, jp2017 and Rchopra like this

On 4/7/2017 at 0:14 AM, cjpsurf said:

I just changed that because I have been following ripple for years now and have been invested for quite sometime.  I see a lot of  bad news and thought I would play a part to spread joy and cheer.

:JC_doubleup:

what bad news?

There are things that are weighing down on the fair price of XRP, but none of them are really news. Consider there's a number of reasons why it was trading for 0.006 this long, despite all of the progress Ripple has made. Those reasons haven't disappeared overnight. The risks may have been overstated, but they are not suddenly invalid now. There were improvements on that front: , I think the risk that clients will circumvent the RCL entirely went down somewhat. It is clearer that Ripple is committed to the RCL and the "paychan" and escrow features make it clear they will make it advantageous to make use of the native token when transacting over RCL.

I'd like to think the basis for my investment thesis in something is stronger than a "greater fool" theory, as such I see no problem with discussing risks on this forum. There's a lot of nonsense about moon rockets on and off the Zerpbox, but somehow that is excused, and only "negative" posts get called out.

It's nice to be invested in a project and seeing it succeed - I've been around for 4 years, so far so good (for the most part). Thumbs up for everyone's hard work and making it happen. You have to remember though, none of it entitles us to any profit from holding the native token. So we have to be on our guard here. The risks are not mitigated simply because of where you originally bought it - now every buy-and-hodler essentially has 5X the amount of money at risk on this position after the run up, assuming they have taken no profit.

Edited by corak

PunishmentOfLuxury likes this