Stellar threat?

Do you think stellar could be a threat to Ripple? Do you think it can capture Ripple’s market share? How do you think it will affect XRP prices?

Also, are you guys invested in to stellar as well? 

Edited by crypto16

This has come up a few times. 

IMO Stellar and Ripple could be complimentary. Ripple focusing on FI's. Stellar focus on retail. 

Ripple tech is years ahead of Stellars. 

So yes Stellar could be a threat but only a small one. I think Ripple is a far greater threat to Stellar than vice versa

Edited by Chewiecoin

I think Stellar will be successful to an extent.  They're lined up with IBM which is still a name and have talented leadership.  Ripple is focused on providing crypto solutions to the traditional financial industry which is larger scale then anything Stellar is capable of reaching; but it still at least has a workable product and some success in showing it's worth.  It's not sacrilege to hold pieces of XRP & XLM.

12 minutes ago, Chewiecoin said:

No it’s not but don’t go walking into any dark seedy Ripple bars with your Stellar, is all I’m sayin

*cantena song play*

man says “one scotch please!”

-bartender “open tab, or close”

man “ open tab, do you accept stellar?”

*cantena song stops playing*

*empire strikes back song starts*

Maybe, maybe not. Apple use to be considered “not a threat” as well as Amazon. Though I will say, I believe they are only a potential threat to credit card companies and not Ripple. Others might say they are because they are more innovative. However I believe this idea of innovation doesn’t ring true to the vast majority of the planet unlike Ripple. I can give many reasons why I believe this but I’m to lazy to list them out. My money is 100% on Ripple winning and so far I have no reason to doubt their success.

6 hours ago, herbdizzle said:

I think Stellar will be successful to an extent.  They're lined up with IBM which is still a name and have talented leadership.  Ripple is focused on providing crypto solutions to the traditional financial industry which is larger scale then anything Stellar is capable of reaching; but it still at least has a workable product and some success in showing it's worth.  It's not sacrilege to hold pieces of XRP & XLM.

Sorry, but have you checked out IBM’s financials in detail and their success in Software?

Seriously, all the money IBM makes is from financial engineering and milking legacy tech like mainframes - they have only just ended a long period of quarter on quarter declines.

Yes, They have a bit of showboating with Watson, but that is just showboating.

31 minutes ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

Sorry, but have you checked out IBM’s financials in detail and their success in Software?

Seriously, all the money IBM makes is from financial engineering and milking legacy tech like mainframes - they have only just ended a long period of quarter on quarter declines.

Yes, They have a bit of showboating with Watson, but that is just showboating.

I work with IBM a lot in IT and they are a shadow of their former self.  They are still milking the name and the brand but will probably go the way of Kodak.