MaxEntropy

Think Ripple when author mentions Bitcoin replacement

13 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Probably because most of us have better things to do. It's funny but I rarely see zerpers out trashing other coins anywhere near as much as we cop it here on this forum. Maybe we just know something everyone else doesn't and are all waiting patiently for the Day of Reckoning.

And anyway, as @brjXRP17 said so perceptively in his opening post:

True if i respond elsewhere it is usually to dispel FUD rather than bash other projects.

This place is a magnet for trolls it seems.

19 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Probably because most of us have better things to do. It's funny but I rarely see zerpers out trashing other coins anywhere near as much as we cop it here on this forum.

This is one of the reasons I like this community: there seems to be an unspoken agreement to not be dicks about other coins. Or perhaps there is less need to justify ourselves here because XRP already has a pretty strong case, it just needs to be fulfilled now. There is no need to drag others down, or to prove that we belong near the top of the pile. 

7 hours ago, RustyShackleford said:

Not trying to be an arse here, but your question (looks a bit like a fud statement considering they never created a trillion tokens to begin with) would be taken in a less hostile manner if you would have given the preface of trying to get info to answer a question asked of you.

If you truly want that info, maybe @Hodor , @nikb, or @JoelKatz could answer that question.  I thought that I had seen it addressed elsewhere before, but I can't find it now.

https://ripple.com/insights/top-9-frequently-asked-questions-ripple-xrp/

When I see the common (inaccurate) FUD repeated, I usually point them here first. 

High level:

• 100 billion coins were created at genesis
  • 55 billion of those coins are in escrow
  • ~ 6 or 7 million XRP have been 'burned' so far in fees

The fact that there can only ever be 100 billion coins (max) is written directly in the code. Open-source.

24 minutes ago, vsyc said:

Most fake and unseuccessfull version of @MaxEntropy I ever seen,  shame

True, this isn’t the real Max, its a poor imitation, or it is the real Max without his medication, forgetting how his caracter before his dramatic last post spoke and behaved.  It used to be high quality, semi intellectual, FUD mixed with all kinds of  gibberish about “the reset” , “ famous” people who had a vision and had to be googled, and ego boosting statements. Now the posts are a copy and paste random mix of old posts. 

Funny enough there are always people who are attracted by “ a different opinion” , without seeing the big picture here of this (fake) caracter. I used to make fun of the old Max, but this version is no challenge at all.  Not even worth putting on my ignore list. 

6 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

@JoeBishop

I ignore ILP... Ripple got sucked into doing this because Ripple stopped eating the bank's lunch... and the banks said... please do not render our business model obsolete... Think of the grandmothers out there who can not migrate to peer to peer money. Surely, they will need their bank accounts... so would it not better to keep us in business and put the shiny new Ripple Network behind our existing business model. We will let you do the back office work, and we, the banks, will carry on with the old way of doing business. Oh, and by the way, if you do business in the West you will need to do KYC and AML because those bad criminals who do not use cash... will surely be using crypto... mustn't allow that. So, the humans give up the cash financial model and their anonymity.

If Ripple had not stopped eating the banks lunch in 2014, they would have competed with Bitcoin head to head with a network that was faster then in 2013 and still today.

But, alas that is history.

ILP is software glue for dinosaurs.

:-)

ILP doesn't care what payment rail you use, or even what currency (fiat, digital, whatever) - that's the whole point. And I'm sure you know that.

So good news Max, using ILP you can exchange some precious XLM or BAT for a better story . . . assuming anyone is willing to accept them.

4 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

True, this isn’t the real Max, its a poor imitation, or it is the real Max without his medication, forgetting how his caracter before his dramatic last post spoke and behaved.  It used to be high quality, semi intellectual, FUD mixed with all kinds of  gibberish about “the reset” , “ famous” people who had a vision and had to be googled, and ego boosting statements. Now the posts are a copy and paste random mix of old posts. 

Funny enough there are always people who are attracted by “ a different opinion” , without seeing the big picture here of this (fake) caracter. I used to make fun of the old Max, but this version is no challenge at all.  Not even worth putting on my ignore list. 

Indeed furstrating

On 2/4/2018 at 7:32 AM, Seoulite said:

This is one of the reasons I like this community: there seems to be an unspoken agreement to not be dicks about other coins. Or perhaps there is less need to justify ourselves here because XRP already has a pretty strong case, it just needs to be fulfilled now. There is no need to drag others down, or to prove that we belong near the top of the pile. 

This community is filled with some smart people, enjoy it while it lasts.  Similar to some of the very early board/forums for equities back in the 90's.  Those lasted about 5 years and then they were lost forever to the spam and fud.

On 2/5/2018 at 2:53 AM, Hodor said:

https://ripple.com/insights/top-9-frequently-asked-questions-ripple-xrp/

When I see the common (inaccurate) FUD repeated, I usually point them here first. 

High level:

• 100 billion coins were created at genesis
  • 55 billion of those coins are in escrow
  • ~ 6 or 7 million XRP have been 'burned' so far in fees

The fact that there can only ever be 100 billion coins (max) is written directly in the code. Open-source.

Many thanks for this info, now I can go and educate others about XRP.