MaxEntropy

Think Ripple when author mentions Bitcoin replacement

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

@mistatee2000

Research and development is not easy... it requires the right people. Ripple does not have these people on their Board of Directors or in their company. Research and innovation is antithetical to where Ripple must become dominant... Product Integration globally. This can be their only objective. 

The reason Ripple is in this situation is because of a failure to lead... that is the role of Board and Directors and of Larson. These guys can not be re-educated or removed. They are locked in.

maybe you should ask them for a job 

7 hours ago, XRPHdlr said:

Max is always smoking the good stuff! :) (sorry, I always wanted to say that)

First time I laid eyes on Stellar, I knew they wouldn't get far..

I'm no expert..but..why would they only hook up with IBM and Ripple is in talks and making deals with some of the world's biggest FIs?

If I know capitalism, I know that banks would go to whatever works best for them!

Having worked with Big Blue I can say a lot of what they touch never reallly gets off the ground - just look at the history of their software!

@JoeBishop

I ignore ILP... Ripple got sucked into doing this because Ripple stopped eating the bank's lunch... and the banks said... please do not render our business model obsolete... Think of the grandmothers out there who can not migrate to peer to peer money. Surely, they will need their bank accounts... so would it not better to keep us in business and put the shiny new Ripple Network behind our existing business model. We will let you do the back office work, and we, the banks, will carry on with the old way of doing business. Oh, and by the way, if you do business in the West you will need to do KYC and AML because those bad criminals who do not use cash... will surely be using crypto... mustn't allow that. So, the humans give up the cash financial model and their anonymity.

If Ripple had not stopped eating the banks lunch in 2014, they would have competed with Bitcoin head to head with a network that was faster then in 2013 and still today.

But, alas that is history.

ILP is software glue for dinosaurs.

:-)

@Mikhail_Liebenstein

Agree... IBM has the luxury to pursue both primary, secondary and tertiary research endeavours.

--

Stellar's success will not come from IBM, but rather the following:

• the Stellar development group owns and operates Stellar... with no suits... as a consequence they can easily take decisions that companies run by suits can not.
  • Stellar has research connections with real universities... Ripple can not even accomplish this relatively simple endeavour
  • Stellar has a growing eco-system
  • Stellar is not focused on a single outcome, as Ripple must be with the banks

Jed should be paying me, for this free PR !

Edited by MaxEntropy

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Agree... IBM has the luxury to pursue both primary, secondary and tertiary research endeavours.

--

• the Stellar development group owns and operates Stellar... with no suits... as a consequence they can easily take decisions that companies run by suits can not.
  • Stellar has research connections with real universities... Ripple can not even accomplish this relatively simple endeavour
  • Stellar has a growing eco-system
  • Stellar is not focused on a single outcome, as Ripple must be with the banks

Jed should be paying me, for this free PR !

I would say that under normal circumstances, someone looking at Stellar as a tech proposition, you would say that they have alot going for them. For me, their greatest achilles heel is their greatest asset Jed McAleb. He says all the right things to appeal to the masses who do not wish to be part of the "old establishment", but the very fact that he has never shown enough stability to be able to see anything through successfully to conclusion (mostly disastrous, including his family life) would stop me investing one cent with him. Ripple may indeed have a classical management stucture, but combine that with their well refined and continuing to improve product suite, I am all in with them as an investment.

I hate to conform, but I am a realist. Jed wants to portray himself (and Stellar) as providing free services to the masses and has indeed given assets away, but in such a manner that the deserving were missed and the pockets of his own employees and certain savvy IT people around the world made alot of money to the tune of millions each. In a nutshell he is technically brilliant with huge commercial flaws. One day a movie will be made along the lines of The Wolf of Wall Street - great viewing for all.

All that said you are an investor in Ripple and even if you were not, you still have a right to your opinion, and long may it be that way on any forum

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Hard to believe anyone on this site pays you any mind whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Ripplezzzz said:

Well done @MaxEntropy character. You have done it again. Created a topic around your character and ideology, repeating the same stuff slightly different as always but without new insights and/or research behind it.

Wonder when you will be walking away again, not finishing what you have started, ignoring people whenever you see fit, hijacking other topics and using the word Ripple to dig yourself in to those as a fat loaded ego tick. It's a broken record thing.

This topic isn't about Ripple. It's about your (fake?) character and Stellar/BAT and should be in the non-Ripple section. Besides the fact it's a double/triple/quadruple posting of the same. A waste of space and not worthy of repeating.

Everything is discussed and explained, even by the Ripple staff. Ripples use case is clear and side projects of Ripple are worked on (Mojaloop/Codius etc.) for those interested. If you do not like Ripples use case, (again) you are free to sell your XRP (which the other/old, 'visionary/ideological' Max character said he would do but never did), leave this forum (which he never did?) and invest in the 'real?' coin and go on promoting it in the right place for it. And that's not here (imho).

Its nice to see there are people that are not blind! Very well said again! :clapping:

And a link for those who missed it :

@Max Entropy :

This will be my last post to this forum.

Hahahhaha last post of the paid troll....yeah right. :rofl:

You are either Jed or someone close to him.

Your problem with Chris Larson is the dead give away.

such a sad and pathetic loser. I can’t wait for Stellars non profit designation tonget torn away. It will happen. The Jed dump on XLM holders will be epic. 80b undistributed and you have the cheek to talk about anyone elses business model.

1 minute ago, FUDFatigue said:

Why are we not blasting that info all over twitter and reddit?

Probably because most of us have better things to do. It's funny but I rarely see zerpers out trashing other coins anywhere near as much as we cop it here on this forum. Maybe we just know something everyone else doesn't and are all waiting patiently for the Day of Reckoning.

And anyway, as @brjXRP17 said so perceptively in his opening post:

On 19/01/2018 at 1:48 AM, brjXRP17 said:

still going to buy XLM (and more XRP), for this space won't care about this and seems completely irrational at times.