Does anyone here truly believe XRP will never hit $2 again?

6 hours ago, flanman said:

And if not, why aren't you buying? Who cares if you buy at .77 rather than .50 when you believe it's going back up to at least $2?

Your reasoning is way too simplistic to my liking, it's not all black and white.

Will XRP reach $2 again? The true answer is - nobody knows. People "believe" it will (or will not). What will actually happen is uncertain. I believe it will, but again it's pure speculation. So your whole reasoning may sound logic, but actually you base everything just one thing: speculation and guesses.
If you speculate, you have to think in absolute values as well. If XRP is worth $0.20, it is more likely to double in value than if it is worth $1. Again, the odds of XRP growing in value fast is also dependent on the absolute value of the coin.

Second, even if XRP reaches again $2, the question is: when? Tomorrow? In a month? In a year? In 10 years? Obviously if someone knew for sure that XRP would go back up to $2 tomorrow, they would rent money/put all their savings/food money into XRP today and take their money back tomorrow. But that won't happen, will it? Reasonable people will only buy XRP wiht money they can afford to lose, because XRP might go down to 0, or might drop a little and remain steady for 10 years. In these circumstances, why are people not buying? Because they can't afford to lose money or put money aside for an extended duration.

All in all: I believe XRP will be worth $2 in the future. Pure guess. Why am I not buying anymore right now? Because the market is uncertain, because XRP can fail, because I will need my savings in the coming months to buy a car/remortgage my house, because we have no clue whether the current crash will be short lived (e.g. just a couple of weeks or months) or if it will actually take 1 or 2 years to recover.
If the price of XRP drops further (e.g. $0.20), the odds that XRP will grow back is higher and I will probably re-assess. But for now, I'm done.

So there. You see. Not black and white.

Edited by Guest

Satisfied with my stack now, but if te oppurtunity accurs, I would buy some more, but only at discount prices.

About 20k zerps on Ledger-nano in my banks vault, and i believe this should be enough if all plans work out for XRP.  To be a millionaire in one or two years would be great, but a couple of hundred thousand dollars would satisfy me paying of my mortgage, and living quite comfortable knowing I never have to worry about having enough money for the rest of my life.

No Lambo's for me, just the relaxed feeling of living happily ever after:biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Plirf said:

Your reasoning is way too simplistic to my liking, it's not all black and white.

Will XRP reach $2 again? The true answer is - nobody knows. People "believe" it will (or will not). What will actually happen is uncertain. I believe it will, but again it's pure speculation. So your whole assumption you base your reasoning on is just what it is: speculation.
If you speculate, you have to think in absolute values as well. If XRP is worth $0.20, it is more likely to double in value than if it is worth $1. Again, the odds of XRP growing in value fast is also dependent on the absolute value of the coin.

Second, even if XRP reaches again $2, the question is: when? Tomorrow? In a month? In a year? In 10 years? Obviously if someone knew for sure that XRP would go back up to $2 tomorrow, they would rent money/put all their savings/food money into XRP today and take their money back tomorrow. But that won't happen, will it? Reasonable people will only buy XRP wiht money they can afford to lose, because XRP might go down to 0, or might drop a little and remain steady for 10 years. In these circumstances, why are people not buying? Because they can't afford to lose money or put money aside for an extended duration.
So to answer your question: I believe XRP will be worth $2 in the future.

So all in all: I believe XRP will be worth $2 in the future. Pure guess. Why am I not buying anymore right now? Because the market is uncertain, because XRP can fail, because I will need my savings in the coming months to buy a car/remortgage my house, because we have no clue whether the current crash will be short lived (e.g. just a couple of weeks or months) or if it will actually take 1 or 2 years to recover.
If the price of XRP drops further (e.g. $0.20), the odds that XRP will grow back is higher and I will probably re-assess. But for now, I'm done.

So there. You see. Not black and white.

+1

A few thoughts from me

1) It makes sense that we haven't seen the last FOMO fueled bubble in crypto, in which case XRP can run up to $2 again. But we don't know that it will happen for a fact, and if it does we don't know when. It can be 4 years from now.

2) In theory it can make it back to $2 for another reason (like commercial usage being widespread enough). If I had to guess, we are very far from that point. We don't have a baseline to draw from, because so far all crypto valuations have been 99.99% speculation based. There has never been a commercial market for a crypto before. There's no apriori reason to believe it take the coin to some astronomical valuation.

$2 is far from a guaranteed outcome. But many think it's achievable to get there and beyond, after all that is why it's trading at 90 cents rather than some near-0 value (same as any other crypto thus far)

3 minutes ago, corak said:

+1

A few thoughts from me

1) It makes sense that we haven't seen the last FOMO fueled bubble in crypto, in which case XRP can run up to $2 again. But we don't know that it will happen for a fact, and if it does we don't know when. It can be 4 years from now.

2) In theory it can make it back to $2 for another reason (like commercial usage being widespread enough). If I had to guess, we are very far from that point. We don't have a baseline to draw from, because so far all crypto valuations have been 99.99% speculation based. There has never been a commercial market for a crypto before. There's no apriori reason to believe it take the coin to some astronomical valuation.

$2 is far from a guaranteed outcome. But many think it's achievable to get there and beyond, after all that is why it's trading at 90 cents rather than some near-0 value (same as any other crypto thus far)

O, where were you, the sane man, when a number of self-important folks advertised "5,02 in 16 days" and the like?

IMO the XRP is returning to conservative growth scenario for a year or less. 2 USD is there somewhere. 

1 hour ago, DutchTom said:

Satisfied with my stack now, but if te oppurtunity accurs, I would buy some more, but only at discount prices.

About 20k zerps on Ledger-nano in my banks vault, and i believe this should be enough if all plans work out for XRP.  To be a millionaire in one or two years would be great, but a couple of hundred thousand dollars would satisfy me paying of my mortgage, and living quite comfortable knowing I never have to worry about having enough money for the rest of my life.

No Lambo's for me, just the relaxed feeling of living happily ever after:biggrin:

Yeah same for me. We Dutch are noot too greedy. Just want to buy a house and have some leftover, then ill be happy. 

Hehe, if I were sure XRP will hit 2 usd , of course I would get a loan and buy as much the bank would grant me. This talk that "I have enough to buy house and some leftover" is not true.

Edited by Alffons

5 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Yeah same for me. We Dutch are noot too greedy. Just want to buy a house and have some leftover, then ill be happy. 

Didn't the Dutch create the first mega corporation that spanned the entire globe?? Pretty sure the Dutch shaped capitalism and the modern corporation as we know them today...

Https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_East_India_Company

Not saying you're greedy personally, but all groups of humans have displayed incredible greed at some point in their history. Greed creates empires.

Personally, I'd ok with paying off a house and some extra cash as well!

9 minutes ago, SomeGuyXRP said:

Didn't the Dutch create the first mega corporation that spanned the entire globe?? Pretty sure the Dutch shaped capitalism and the modern corporation as we know them today...

Not saying you're greedy personally, but all groups of humans have displayed incredible greed at some point in their history. Greed creates empires.

This, and ofcourse the Dutch Tulip Mania :D https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

9 hours ago, flanman said:

And if not, why aren't you buying? Who cares if you buy at .77 rather than .50 when you believe it's going back up to at least $2?

I don't know, I'm doubtful.  A couple reasons why:

It's a PR issue more than anything but the whole Chris Larsen being one of the richest men in the world based on a currency barely being utilized right now is a big red flag to me.

While it's been discussed that volatility doesn't matter bc liquidity providers take that risk on, I would think that banks viewing the volatility of the CC world is almost laughable.  In other words, a speculative asset that dips down ~80% of it's ATH high less than 30 days later and everyone says 'oh this is normal, it happens every year.'  I'm new to this scene so obviously a bit tainted by the last 30 days but come on, this is a **** show.  And just another reason why XRP needs to decouple from BTC and like many have said maybe shouldn't be called a CC.

That said, if the good news continues with Ripple and companies start using widely using XRP (i.e. more than tests) I do think it would go up fast and decouple from BTC.  I am on the sidelines now watching to see if it continues to dip and will buy more if it gets around .5.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, SomeGuyXRP said:

True. We are born merchants. But also very conservative investment wise. 

1 hour ago, SomeGuyXRP said:

Yeah, we Dutch pretty much discovered some new countries, sold NY for a bargain, organised slavery, invented the first global bussiness (VOC) etc.

We ******** ruled the world in that days.

Today, I believe we are: a friendly, civilised, wealthy and ****** weather country, made of tulips, cheese and Rembrandt and van Gogh paintings. And i love it to death

(except the weather being so unpredictable)

10 hours ago, flanman said:

I think the only people wondering about this (or even worse, stressing about it) are those who bought in because a friend told them to, or just on a whim, but have no idea what Ripple is about.  All the others, who understand Ripple.. this is not the question of doubt at all.. it's more like when, not if, when will Ripple approach $100 and higher.    

28 minutes ago, DutchTom said:

Yeah, we Dutch pretty much discovered some new countries, sold NY for a bargain, organised slavery, invented the first global bussiness (VOC) etc.

We ******** ruled the world in that days.

Today, I believe we are: a friendly, civilised, wealthy and ****** weather country, made of tulips, cheese and Rembrandt and van Gogh paintings. And i love it to death

(except the weather being so unpredictable)

proud to be Dutch :rolleyes: