Sign in to follow this  
mDuo13

New XRP Ledger documentation: Checks, Deposit Authorization, Ubuntu build instructions

This is completely off topic, but as someone who has recently been diving into the rippled code the interwebs can be a rather hilarious place. As this announcement was posted I was also reading someone in reddit engaging Vinnie Falco calling him a "fanboy" over some comment he made about garbage collection in C++

Anyway getting that library into Boost is an accomplishment. Personally I shudder every time I hear "Boost" but whatever! Way to go Ripple/Vinnie

10 hours ago, mDuo13 said:

Last night we added several new pieces of documentation to the XRP Ledger in preparation for the upcoming release of rippled 0.90.0:

There'll be more coming out in the coming days, including an article on another key 0.90.0 feature, history sharding. I can't give a specific release date for 0.90.0, but the feature set is final, as we're just now polishing up the details and ironing out the bugs. As per usual, it'll be out soon—when it's ready—and no sooner.

P.S. if you want to try out Checks and Deposit Auth leading up to the release, they're already available for use on the Test Net.

For one of our point of sale use-cases it would be fantastic if cheques could optionally be bearer cheques. I.e. created without a destination address set but with a pre-commitment. Then whomever has the data that satisfies the pre-commitment can cash the cheque into an account of their choice.

1 hour ago, ToastWallet said:

For one of our point of sale use-cases it would be fantastic if cheques could optionally be bearer cheques. I.e. created without a destination address set but with a pre-commitment. Then whomever has the data that satisfies the pre-commitment can cash the cheque into an account of their choice.

Sounds like a free ticket for theft to me. I might miss something here.