Hashy

They Fooled Us

We understand your bitterness.

You can come back and apologise at the end of the year.

Keep in mind that Ripple is a real company with real products being used by and tested by real world customers.  This makes it different than the majority of the other players in the cryptocurrency market.  Whether people who bought in early took profit when the could or decided to hold doesn't matter.  All that we should care about right now is will the asset of the company Ripple that we are invested in grow to be adopted by Ripples customers in the coming years.  That's it, the rest is noise.

The question is do you believe that XRP will be successful with the Ripple team behind it and the use case they are trying to solve? If they are then 20usd per XRP is not unreasonable. So even if you bought at the ATH it will still be a very nice return. I have been holding XRP since 2014/15 and it was low for a very long time. Stepped into it because of the team and the vision. 

So don't listen to others telling you to hold or sell. You can find both groups at any time. Do your own research and decide accordingly 

6 minutes ago, Hashy said:

Constant encouragement to buy and hold on this forum has led to many of us losing enormous sums of money. You can probably guess who bought zerps under 10 cents... these people have been nothing but frauds. Pumping up excitement only to cash out when they maximized their profits while the rest of us swallow thousands of dollars.

What does it matter? Im still not selling, theres no point to sell at this point. Its SO BAD right now selling is actually out of the question. All I can say is that this crypto game is a game for those with inside info and for those who are already rich. 

The average guy got killed on XRP and many other cryptos. 

Scammers. 

You bought on the strength of rumours on the internets? you didn't DYOR?

I'm finding the well of sympathy to be pretty much empty, tbh.

It's not Ripple or the people on the forum. Even many old timers who kept buying are getting burned. It's the unregulated crypto market with greedy crooks who are to blame. If it tumbles and fails, then the only ones responsible for our decisions is ourselves. I include myself in this because, well, I obviously invested in crypto.

I don't think it's the end. I'm of the opinion that this corrections/crash/pullback or whatever people want to call it - is absolutely necessary. The market was running wild, with nothing to truly back it.

Now we have one way to go. That is up. My only advice is to have an exit strategy. Take emotions completely out of it and follow through, or you will get wiped out clean and burned trying to trade. Good luck.

@Hashy It's not fun to see any investment trend down so I do sympathize. But please try to take emotion out of this and look at the big picture. 

The fundamentals of XRP and what Ripple is doing to push it's use case have not changed. The reality of what occurred here is the whole market pumped up very fast from december through almost the first half of January and a large correction was inevitable. The downward trend in XRP price is not an indictment of the long term value of XRP; it's a correction in an extremely volatile market. It had to happen. 

I believe in the future of XRP and I choose to not let this price action effect my mood. 

"No thought lives in your head rent-free. Each though you have will either be an investment or a cost." -T. Harv Eker

7 minutes ago, Hashy said:

The average guy got killed on XRP and many other cryptos. 

^ that is the crux of the problem with your generalization ....AND Many Other Cryptos. ------- XRP trading and price "Speculation"

There are folks in this chat room that are seeing declines of 100's of thousands of dollars and still they hodl becasue they see the long term value of Ripple / XRP as a financial instrument and investment. For my part this chat room is more of a HODL support group so that my long term knowing of the potential returns is not overwhelmed by the fear and doubt of short term challenges within the market.

Many of us are underwater here or close to it and while we all have our target price to sell there's no reason to harsh on everyone for missing yours. . Grab some tea or coffee and a doughnut, sit down and join the group if you'd like. Hi my name is Sio2yH2O and I'm a HODLer come hell or high water.