They Fooled Us

4 hours ago, Kins said:

I blame the guy who held a gun to your head and forced you to buy XRP.  He's the real monster.

I'm sorry, that was me... I didn't MEAN to hold the gun to his head... It was just a joke, besides, I don't even know if I was ever physically in the same country or continent as he is! LMAO

I was just trying to drive the price up higher... I will proudly admit it that I am an XRP monster that tells people to make wise purchases within their means and that they are comfortable with and then HODL.  

6 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

I'm sorry, that was me... I didn't MEAN to hold the gun to his head... It was just a joke, besides, I don't even know if I was ever physically in the same country or continent as he is! LMAO

I was just trying to drive the price up higher... I will proudly admit it that I am an XRP monster that tells people to make wise purchases within their means and that they are comfortable with and then HODL.  

Give the guy a break, he is just upset and doesn't fully understand whats going on. Just HODL guy and you will be fine. You have not lost anything until you sell out. XRP will go back up and it will be an all time new high. Hang in there!!

6 hours ago, Hashy said:

Constant encouragement to buy and hold on this forum has led to many of us losing enormous sums of money. You can probably guess who bought zerps under 10 cents... these people have been nothing but frauds. Pumping up excitement only to cash out when they maximized their profits while the rest of us swallow thousands of dollars.

What does it matter? Im still not selling, theres no point to sell at this point. Its SO BAD right now selling is actually out of the question. All I can say is that this crypto game is a game for those with inside info and for those who are already rich. 

The average guy got killed on XRP and many other cryptos. 

Scammers. 

Cute.

Now have fun on my ignore list.

I am in the exact same situation than you OP and my investment is significantly down (-70% or so). I used to feel angry just like you, to the point where I too figured that there was no point selling and exiting anymore.

What you feel is OK. Once you get over your anger you will feel sadness and you will believe your investment is lost and gone. Once you have grieved and are at peace with that, you will be truly free and you will passively observe events unfold, to the point where further price drops won't affect you anymore.

I have been through all of this. I am OK with it now, although I have lost tens of thousands. Ripple is a good company and XRP may go back to where it was in the future. The odds of that happening are not too bad, even if we have to wait 1 or 2 years. If you sell however, you lose all hope to recover your money.

It's hard. I feel for you. I am just like you and with you. Don't give up, and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Edited by Guest

putting things into perspective, I know of many people on this forum who's holdings are down about $300,000+ since the all time high, and I know of a couple who's holdings are down literally more than $2 million since the ATH.

Yet everyone one of the HODL'rs whom I'm aware of that hold 100k or more zerps continue to buy more through this dip. so you can complain if you want but you gotta put things into perspective. 

I'd say someone who is down $2million and opts to buy more at the dip, is not trying to pump anyone. He sees an opportunity and when his stash goes back up to $3-4 he wants to increase it's value from the last time it was at $3.50+

7 hours ago, Hashy said:

All I can say is that this crypto game is a game for those with inside info and for those who are already rich. 

you forgot those who treat this like a 2nd job and research the f**k out of everything, and "know" the game... i imagine many of the og's on this board are in that group.

Nobody fooled anyone.  New investors just don't realize how tightly everything is coupled to BTC, which was due to implode; in this way, the crash is a blessing as it will help the ALTs separate. 

As an aside, some of the new money that has exited will not be coming back in, but it will be replaced as the market goes more mainstream.  Of the money that has exited, most of it is likely new money, and when it flows back, it will likely flow out of BTC and into ALTs.  Why?  Because the new money will be looking for use cases as new money is a lot less ideological.  Thankfully, for the first time, there are assets that have use cases, like XRP, XLM, and to a lesser extend ETH; this has never been the case in any of the other large, prolonged crashes.

Edited by Ziltoid

7 hours ago, Hashy said:

Constant encouragement to buy and hold on this forum has led to many of us losing enormous sums of money. You can probably guess who bought zerps under 10 cents... these people have been nothing but frauds. Pumping up excitement only to cash out when they maximized their profits while the rest of us swallow thousands of dollars.

What does it matter? Im still not selling, theres no point to sell at this point. Its SO BAD right now selling is actually out of the question. All I can say is that this crypto game is a game for those with inside info and for those who are already rich. 

Scammers. 

Hey man, I feel ya. Things aren’t great right now. But to defend the longtime holders, I don’t think a single one is looking to rob single investors of hundreds or thousands of dollars (even though that is a lot to a lot of people). That kind of money barely moves the needle. All of us are holding out for the huge investors’ millions and billions. This forum is for us to enjoy the ride on the way.

I came in wanting to roast OP, I'll admit. But after reading some of these well put personal descriptions/encouragements about holding, I feel insanely motivated in my decision to commit. I just love seeing such profound conviction based on the same values I share; research, acceptance and the confidence to trust your decisions wether they pan out or not. Hold on.

7 hours ago, Hashy said:

Scammers. 

I don't think anyone was trying to fool anyone into buying XRP. The enormous  decrease in value does suck but that isn't anything that anyone on here can control. Everyone here believes in XRP, myself included.  When trying to look at buying a stock or crypto most people use either technical analysis or fundamental analysis. I strongly believe that fundamental analysis shows XRP as being undervalued. There are a great number of announcements coming out and due to the reduction in overall marketcap XRP's price is not responding to the great news but that doesn't mean that it won't. 

The price of XRP went from $0.006 to $3.83 in 2017 so if you just look at the price from the beginning of 2017 to now it still shows huge gains. If you bought on the high end I would suggest starting to do some Dollar Cost Averaging but that is up to you. 

Warren Buffett once said that as an investor it is wise to be “Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.” ... When others are fearful, it may present a good value buying opportunity. Keep in mind, the price is what you pay, and value is what you get—pay too high a price and returns are decimated.

Yeah I doubt anything I'll add hasn't already been said. My main sentiment however is that you can't look at it as making money or losing money. That is a big mistake. The only way you do either is if/when you sell. Otherwise OP, you have lost nothing. You are hodling your initial investment and it will come back up in value. 

People felt like crap during the 2008 financial crisis to see their 401k's lose hundreds of thousands of dollars. If they cashed them out, that is exactly what would have happened. However, now those same people would be up hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

Your investment is fluid and doesn't have an actual value until you decide to sell. At that point it is worth whatever the market agrees to pay for it. If you believe what Ripple is doing is valuable, then it should be easy to hodl knowing that it will be worth more in the future. 

Edited by Guest

On 2/2/2018 at 7:02 AM, Hashy said:

Scammers. 

I can empathize with your situation Hashy, it's tough and there's no way around it. But take it from someone who has been in the crypto space since 2014, these big corrections/crashes happens roughly 2-3X a year only to be followed by a stronger bull market.  I've personally been in your situation many times, and each time my patience has paid off--this time should be no exception. Have patience and faith; things will look up soon. You can't have up without down; in regards to XRP specifically, the educated guess is that overtime, it will go up more than it goes down (just like the business cycle). Cheers fellow Hodler.

Edited by JTxrPP

13 minutes ago, xrp_joker said:

Hey buddy, I'm in the same boat. read my post about newer noobs.  I'm way down I bought majority of my xrp at over $3.00.  I had moments of regret, but I did do some due diligence before buying and of all the lower cost tokens/coins this one stood out as one with a real future.  At time's I have thought about the what if's but it's too late now for regrets. 

I now see this dipping action as an opportunity to trade on the little ups and downs of the XRP price.  I know that crypto in general is too large to go down and stay down. So when XRP  it has reached its bottom I suspect there will be a pressurised bounce back.   The whale *****'es who pumped and dumped to $3.80 will do the same again because we are gullible noobs.  The 2nd zerpening is coming just HODL as you have decided to do and be reay when the pump and dump starts.  Use tradingview etc do some research, read @XRPto50dollars instructions on understanding the charts, I have no prior experience in this stuff so had no clue but now I have understood to some extent what is happening and can use the charts to make correct buy's and sells just make sure you get your exit strategy ready before the big dump. 

Also whenever I feel down I read @Hodor 's articles that guy has a talent to explain complicated stuff in a real easy to understand manner.  He always makes me feel happy with my decision to buy XRP even in the darkest of moments.  Sometime's I think he has been put here by ripple to keep us on track but I like him anyway.    

You have the right attitude, thats for sure. The only thing that happened here is that you confirmed it is impossible to buy at the all time low. no one does it, ever. Seeing youre new, allow yourself to feel whatever it is youre feeling. of course it stinks being in the red. as long as youre prepared to sell when youre happily in the green youll be fine. thats the biggest problem here. being in the red is the EASY part. its when you have to decide if you should sell or wait... now thats the hard part. 

Well done to all those who have given detailed explanations as to why they Hodl and from how long ago, instead of just ranting at the original post. It is always helpful to the newbies on this forum to get insightful information from the experienced crowd. You all deserve a round of applause. ?  (Not a complete newbie, been lurking since August)

Edited by BriteBlue

8 hours ago, L'unico said:

@Hashy I understand your frustration, but consider this: my avg buy-in price is 0.01, and I was underwater for YEARS as the price languished between 0.01 - 0.005. I was way early to the party for sure, but things do improve immeasurably. And you won't have to wait nearly as long because a spotlight has now been shown on Ripple.

This post deserves some love.  This has all happened before and yet the price went up. I am confident it will happen again . . . many times. 

A lot we can learn from the past - gees I sound like Yoda!!