Sign in to follow this  
DreXRP

Everything is going as planned

Market volatility traditionally has been a symptom of over committed investors, be it through high leveraged trades, or in the case of crypto, I think people are putting more in than they can afford to lose, breaking rule number one.

As such, the prices dip and everyone panics and withdraws to "cut their losses".  Psychology at work here nothing else.  The HODLers will either be the biggest winners (the original BTC hodlers), or the biggest losers (anyone hold Asbestos futures these days? lol)

30 minutes ago, MooseInTime said:

"cut their losses"

I do not get this strategy because the very best strategy to cut your loss is sitting it out. So yeah when you "invested" in dodge coin then selling is your only option but investing in a utility token is a completely different story. People just have no idea what they are doing and in a year or two lots of them will wonder why they have made not so clever decisions. 

The beauty of all of this is that Ripple doesn't seem to have leveraged on the price spike. None of this is changing their momentum - business as usual.

They are leaders in terms of people power and industry acumen, if not xrp price. The correction will make them work even harder, especially when others start giving up in public.

lAgoied.gif

2 hours ago, CaligulazBaby said:

1 - Imagine 90% of the products being sold on Ebay are useless and there is no recourse when you buy a broken item.  That is basically the Crypto market at the moment.

2 - Ummm I don't think narcissism is the right word but I know what you mean and yes, 2017 and Jan 2018 have shown beyond a shadow of a doubt Ripple are the ONLY company in 40 years to offer a fully working solution to the problem of international remittance.

3 - They have tried and failed and banks are notoriously slow so jumping ship wouldn't be an option.  Ripple have been working on this for years and are being forced by regulations to run a marathon one step at a time.  Once Ripplenet becomes the software solution to international remittance it will take something quantum related to supercede it but Ripple will probably already have that option available as an update so the banks won't go through another 5 years of PoC type tests with someone else, especially when it's taken 5 years to supercede SWIFT.

4 - Ripple aren't just first.  They're years ahead of the competition and moving forward more quickly.  It's already game over.

5 - As per my answer to question 4, the longer time goes on, the further ahead they will pull.

Thank you for your well thought response.  I appreciate a good intellectual response as opposed to just yelling FUD FUD FUD.

I very much hope you are correct.  Hopefully, a year from now, I will be saying CaligulazBaby was 100% correct.  That is some crow I would love to eat.

3 hours ago, OldManWinter said:

This is what worries me.  Everybody says that the market needs to be cleansed and it will take a year or two.  Are we really that narcissistic to think that Ripple are the ONLY people who can solve the problem of cross-border payments?  Do we really think that VISA and SWIFT and everybody else are not working on this very same thing?  All those banks that Ripple has testing xCurrent and xRapid will jump ship in a heart beat if a VISA or SWIFT or some other worldwide entity develops their own solution. 

totally valid points -- of course, the flip side is that ripple has a MASSIVE lead both in terms of a highly skilled and experienced team in every area of expertise, the best PROVEN tech, the right vision and use case, an incredible amount of potential capital, epic client base, positive relations with corporates/governments/legal/regulators/etc, and all the momentum and track record you could possibly hope for going into 2018

5 hours ago, rainbowhunter said:

Dont follow, how would a price of 0.1 be a winner for Brad & Ripple customers?

because they got their billions of XRP for free or discount. And customers don't have a stake in XRP value per se, just the cost savings of it.

If XRP exists at any price they win

6 hours ago, OldManWinter said:

This is what worries me.  Everybody says that the market needs to be cleansed and it will take a year or two.  Are we really that narcissistic to think that Ripple are the ONLY people who can solve the problem of cross-border payments?  Do we really think that VISA and SWIFT and everybody else are not working on this very same thing?  All those banks that Ripple has testing xCurrent and xRapid will jump ship in a heart beat if a VISA or SWIFT or some other worldwide entity develops their own solution. 

If there's money to be made, you can be sure one of these companies will develop a solution.  Does everybody really believe that nobody would go to one of these established worldwide companies because Ripple was first?

My big F in FUD is that time is not on our side.  The longer this goes on, the greater the opportunity a larger and more established company will take over what Ripple is trying to accomplish.

If you did some research you would find that Visa and SWIFT  have serious structural flaws vis a vis Ripple. Visa don't settle and SWIFT has political tensions keeping it status quo. Both good competitive edges for Ripple. SWIFT is the only real threat, but as long as the correspondent banks pull their strings we are ok.