XRPcalling

XRPcalling - One post per month until 12/2018

I was with you, calling XRP to $5 but the reality is, why were we so daft?  After we had already seen everything 10x in under a month ( most people have to wait many years, many decades even, to see a 10x) , what made us think that this would keep on going?? Especially when you combine the annual January dip ( huge dip 4 years in a row ), futures expiration date on Jan 26, South Korean FUD to make sure whales shorting the market won big, Chinese New Years where nearly all the Chinese pull out in unison to pay for gifts every year, Tether subpoena which was announced in December actually, widespread scamming, two major exchange hacks ( Coinnest $500 million hack being the largest ), ... all this points to Bitcoin tanking. And if Bitcoin tanks, so does everything else, we're discovering. The thing is, there were smart guys on TraderView like MagicPoopCannon ( great name ) that have been predicting Bitcoin to $7.9k by Feb 6th with scary accuracy. They've been calling all the dips and bull traps and have been saying this since since late December, and they have the charts to prove it. So why didn't we listen? Why were those telling us that the bubble had just burst shunned and ignored? Why were we so certain that Ripple would go to $5 and $10 even? There must be a psychological term for this "group-think-like" phenomenon. The scary thing is, I still believe Ripple will hit $5-$10 in the next six months. But based on what, a gut feeling? And that, to me, is a little bit scary. Maybe I'm just a gambling fool addicted to  the rush that a 10x provides? Maybe I'm just waiting for my next fix? Because believe me brother, I felt on top of the world a month ago.

Tigee, I recalled you have friends in Ripple Labs that recommended a XRP buy and the price target is way higher than $10. Did he bail out on you now? I believe in Xrpcalling $5 too. XRP is worth more than this because even when the price went below $1 today, Brad and his entire team didn't bail out on the Ripple. Partnerships are still being made, exchanges are being added and employees still wakes up every morning to work on the project. I have survived the low 0.20s for the entire 6 months watching every single coin go boom and bust and started doubting my own HODL , yet I am still around. XRP works in strange ways sometimes.....recall December when it's the only Green crypto?

The question we ask ourselves is just, do we have more patience to see XRP perform another 3500% run?

2 hours ago, 1xrp1 said:

Tigee, I recalled you have friends in Ripple Labs that recommended a XRP buy and the price target is way higher than $10. Did he bail out on you now? I believe in Xrpcalling $5 too. XRP is worth more than this because even when the price went below $1 today, Brad and his entire team didn't bail out on the Ripple. Partnerships are still being made, exchanges are being added and employees still wakes up every morning to work on the project. I have survived the low 0.20s for the entire 6 months watching every single coin go boom and bust and started doubting my own HODL , yet I am still around. XRP works in strange ways sometimes.....recall December when it's the only Green crypto?

The question we ask ourselves is just, do we have more patience to see XRP perform another 3500% run?

its been only 53 days since the run began. if people cant 'survive' 53 days they shouldnt be here and will eventually sell in fear/impatience and make zero profit

On 02/02/2018 at 2:52 AM, TigeeForce said:

Why were we so certain that Ripple would go to $5 and $10 even? There must be a psychological term for this "group-think-like" phenomenon. 

It's called confirmation bias https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

All humans are guilty of confirmation bias. We seek it on a constant basis as it's pleasing to us. We surround ourselves with friends who share our outlook (on the whole) and we seek confirmation of our views on social media and message boards such as this one. We are all guilty of it - no one is immune.

Anything that contradicts our view is psychologically uncomfortable, so we tend to avoid it or shoot it down as FUD. That's not to say that some of the negativity we hear isn't FUD, it very much is, but sometimes people will leap on any view that goes against theirs as it's easier to shoot something down or ignore it than it is to change ones opinion.

I am a firm believer in XRP and have been hodling since December at 20c and I've topped up recently. I definitely believe in XRP and Ripple. It's a solid project and I am in for the long term so don't take this post the wrong way.

What I've learned from the drop is that I need to detach from all the hysteria and negativity surrounding crypto. It's difficult, but I think @XRPcalling is spot on. Ask yourself this one question - Do I believe in the Ripple project and what the team are trying to achieve with XRP?

If the answer is no, then sell your holding and move on with your life.

If the answer is yes, then plan your exit and, in the mean time limit your exposure to message boards / twitter delete your tracking apps (delta/blockfolio etc) and just getting on with your life. What will be will be and it makes no difference whether you've read every piece of news and gossip or not. Check back from time to time and when you hit your target, sell as per your exit plan.

I've been thinking a lot about confirmation bias recently and have come to the conclusion that it's time to get some perspective back.

On 2/1/2018 at 8:37 PM, XRPcalling said:

Its very possible we drop between .89 to .27 cents. 

I know im pulling at strings here (or am I)... but check this out...

11 DAYS ago, when XRP was @ $1.14........ @XRPcalling said, "Its very possible we drop between .89 to .27 cents" (see top post).

Do you know what the lowest XRP dropped to was???

.5729 cents

The average between his prediction of.89 and .27 is .58 cents!

He literally said "BETWEEN" .89 and .27 !
@XRPcalling was only off by .0071..... 11 DAYS PRIOR.

What the..? :crazy::ok:

Edited by MegaNerd

Posted (edited)

Post 2 of 11
3/1/2018

Current price: .91
Last month: .95

So here we are. One month later and here we are at Post 2 of 11. Its apparent the share price hasnt changed for the entire month of February, yet we did have a large dip down to .57

The good news is, we moved above this dip. Will we fall back down? I dont know.

In the past, ive seen pattens like the current chart is showing and its possible it is setting up for the next leg up. We fell from $3, dropped to .57 yet havent touched .57 since.

Ripple is progressing nicely. Lots of new developments. We're going to need a major release to get the price back over $3.. i dont know what that will be.

Reviewing XRP once a month is a great way to keep yourself sane. In hindsight, we see that we gained nothing from looking at the chart day in and day out.

My next post will be April 2018. 

Edited by XRPcalling

6 hours ago, XRPcalling said:

The good news is, we moved above this dip. Will we fall back down? I dont know.

In the past, ive seen pattens like the current chart is showing and its possible it is setting up for the next leg up. We fell from $3, dropped to .57 yet havent touched .57 since.

Ripple is progressing nicely. Lots of new developments. We're going to need a major release to get the price back over $3.. i dont know what that will be.

For the one post a month this one is a little disappointing. So basically you’re saying that price stayed the same, after falling down to .57 and that you don’t know if it will fall down again. Ripple is going fine and we need major news to touch $3 again. 

Can’t disagree with this, as we all saw and see what you’re describing. I’m a real ***hole sometimes, I know, but what’s the use and insight of this particular post? 

You can do better, giving a prediction at least ( based on...?). 

On 4/3/2018 at 3:14 PM, XRPcalling said:

Post 3 of 11

Some thoughts on recent Topics:

$589 by the end of this year will not occur. 
Bearableguy123 is not an insider. 

Dream crusher. ?