Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
EngineerBill

Bottom

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, XRPwinning said:

So BTC below 9k right now but XRP around 94. Painfully seems to be decoupling?

Yea, BTC keeps trying to drag everything down with it but ETH, XRP and others are holding on with tooth and nail to find their own floor independent of BTC. Maybe it drops to 5k and XRP holds steady at 80-85 cents before they all pump again for a bit(BTC to 8900 and XRP to 1.30 or something). Then the next drop right before Chinese new year, BTC goes to 2k and XRP drops again to almost 75 cents before recovering to 1.00.

These are just random numbers I made up with no basis in reality but you get the idea, each drop is worse for BTC than it is for everything else until the BTC drops stop affecting everything else. These exchanges are going to start offering more parings pretty soon.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, OnlyU said:

Honestly what is a bull run..anyone can summarize so i can better understand??? other than pump and dump.

When buyers want to buy more than sellers willing to sell. Any market is always a battle between greed and fear. Fear is stronger now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sooner we see more Exchanges coming on board offering other pairings and the option of buying with Fiat the sooner we can stand on our own.  There's still a lot of money sitting on the sidelines waiting for an entry point as well as people still waiting on verification in Exchanges.  I know some here that are waiting since the beginning of the madness in December to be verified.  The likes of these, once verified, will be cautious and wait for a bit of momentum before jumping in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SomeGuyXRP said:

Yea, BTC keeps trying to drag everything down with it but ETH, XRP and others are holding on with tooth and nail to find their own floor independent of BTC. Maybe it drops to 5k and XRP holds steady at 80-85 cents before they all pump again for a bit(BTC to 8900 and XRP to 1.30 or something). Then the next drop right before Chinese new year, BTC goes to 2k and XRP drops again to almost 75 cents before recovering to 1.00.

These are just random numbers I made up with no basis in reality but you get the idea, each drop is worse for BTC than it is for everything else until the BTC drops stop affecting everything else. These exchanges are going to start offering more parings pretty soon.

 

 

Been imagining this exact scenario in my head for a couple weeks now. Glad were thinking on the same wave length! Your numbers may prove to be pretty accurate if this trend continues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zedy44 said:

I'm completely prepared to watch my entire investment drop to $0 between now and my target date.

While I agree 100% with everything you said, being *completely* prepared to see it all gone is beyond my imagination and sci-fi territory :D

To me it's always the question "can I continue my current life without any major issues if this investment fails?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 7strings said:

While I agree 100% with everything you said, being *completely* prepared to see it all gone is beyond my imagination and sci-fi territory :D

To me it's always the question "can I continue my current life without any major issues if this investment fails?" 

Haha yeah I guess I put it a little bluntly. :lol: 

I've always been very principled in that I feel like if I'm going to invest in something I should be prepared to accept the highs and lows of said investment for a given period of time.  For me it's a minimum 1 year hold for tax reasons and simply to give the investment time to grow within the market.  In theory I'll be holding much, much longer.  Of course if Ripple came out tomorrow and announced something totally utterly crazy about their technology and the company direction going forward I would consider replacing my investment with something else, but I don't see that realistically happening ever. 

The fundamentals behind Ripple's "master plan" to corner the markets is in the end really reassuring to me and is the ace up my sleeve when I have to deal with FUD thrown in my face daily.  No doubt it's going to be a bumpy ride in 2018...but ultimately I think we'll come out really strong in the second quarter and beyond once the market has finished adjusting to a very sick BTC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

delete

Edited by Guest
delete please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

delete

Edited by Guest
delete please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zedy44 said:

My support level recommendation is based on...

  • XRP hitting $.88 on 1/17 before rebounding.  The BTC low was $9334.
  • XRP hitting $.87 on 1/16 before rebounding.  The BTC low was $10200
  • XRP hitting $.87 on 12/24 before rebounding.  The BTC low was $12488.

This so called major support level was just a coincidence with the timing if BTC rebounds. And it was at different BTC levels because XRP usually bounces back stronger than BTC due to liquidity.

As you've seen, the major support level has been broken just a couple of hours later. The support levels you need to look for are BTC ones - I think 7500-8000 might hold.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

that must be why suddenly all this volume comes in:

xrp2.JPG.121281060db8466f0301982bf8e93553.JPG

 

But they don't know its only gonna be over when BTC is ready with it. XRP chart is irrelevant. I wish it wasn't

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

This so called major support level was just a coincidence with the timing if BTC rebounds. And it was at different BTC levels because XRP usually bounces back stronger than BTC due to liquidity.

As you've seen, the major support level has been broken just a couple of hours later. The support levels you need to look for are BTC ones - I think 7500-8000 might hold.. 

Yes I was quite hopeful we'd continue the separation we saw earlier when Asia woke up, but we've since locked back in completely to BTC's movement :sorry2:.  I guess the question is how long will it take to reach BTC levels that low.  I'm also wondering now if the bearishness is reactionary to the SEC/CFTC news from earlier today (https://www.coindesk.com/sec-cftc-chiefs-set-senate-crypto-hearing-next-week/).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MOONWALKER said:

When buyers want to buy more than sellers willing to sell. Any market is always a battle between greed and fear. Fear is stronger now.

I love this! I shall be liberating this and claiming it as my own wisdom :oP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×