flanman

*PSA* Tether is putting these XRP exchanges at risk: Bitfinex, Bittrex, Kraken & others.

Mine is from 2 hours ago, as we can see situation is very dynamic.

Is anyone having issues making a withdrawal from BitStamp?

I put an International Wire Transfer request 2 weeks ago and still have not received my funds.  I have sent 2 support messages and then 1 directly to the complaints address and have not gotten a single response. 

I guess I am going to have to resort to calling them but since it is an International call, the price of the call is going to be insane.

11 minutes ago, Zielonegrabiezawszewmodzie said:

Bitfinex being bitfinex is using fake bank to do their banking, they are also asking you to do this

DpobC9MWwAIHrY3?format=jpg

While explaining it like this

http://blog.bitfinex.com/announcements/improved-fiat-deposit-system/

cc:   @LilBender

@Benchmark@ @TheHoff  @CryptoOwl

Edit:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_mule

Translation: Please stick with us a little longer and don't alert authorities. We need just a bit more time to stuff our bags full of money and disappear. The good of the crypto world depends on you.

They are also admitting that this space goes down the drain without them.

1fox down (they were some kind of bitmex wannabes).

2 hours ago, Zielonegrabiezawszewmodzie said:

Bitfinex being bitfinex is using fake bank to do their banking, they are also asking you to do this

DpobC9MWwAIHrY3?format=jpg

haha maximum fail!  You know that it must be really shady when even the alleged perpetrators insinuate that it is shady!  ?  The "robustness" is oozing out of my screen right now as I'm reading this!

Speaking of which - some time ago I mentioned that if you ever hear the word "paradigm" to just sell everything and run for the hills.  "Robust" is the exact same thing, but applied to vendors or software btw.

Do you guys think we should sell all of our xrp for fiat or continue holding it? How badly do you think market will crash if tether goes down? I hope it can recover after such a devastating event. It is going to make all of crypto look bad as media will call it the greatest scam in history and big investors and institutions probably won't want to touch crypto anymore.

I'm trying to catch both pump and dump (50/50 on both sides). If pump happens first then I'm moving profits to buy side.

I sold my XRPs long time ago (Jan), I was in the green.

7 minutes ago, bayarea510 said:

Do you guys think we should sell all of our xrp for fiat or continue holding it? How badly do you think market will crash if tether goes down? I hope it can recover after such a devastating event. It is going to make all of crypto look bad as media will call it the greatest scam in history and big investors and institutions probably won't want to touch crypto anymore.

Granted they have only come out with an announcement with a viable product in the past few days, but Fidelity has been in this space for several years.  Their CEO started a bitcoin mining project and decided to proceed with a custody solution and links to a trading platform for institutional investors.

And all of this has occurred knowing that tether and Bitfinex are shady.

Crypto is moving forward without tether.  If you want to pull out you can, but this is, at worst, a small bump in the road.  This is all part of cleaning up the space.  Just my view, but I want to be in the space now, while we move from the wild, wild west to 'civliz'd society'.