Newb2

Ripple- Its market cap doesn't allow the price to surge as we all want it to?

So let me start by saying that I have been a member on here for months but I lost my pw so I just made a new account. I read most threads and I am a RIPPLE Supporter til the end! I have alot and I am team Hodl! 

I have a question about the market cap that needs to be cleared up....

I'm reading that it would be almost impossible for ripple to reach 50 cause it's market cap would be bigger than btc and etherirum combined what do you think??? People have all different opinions when it comes to market cap... Can someone explain it, and please dont say some bs like "ppl said that at 20 cents and look at us now" I want a real answer

Thanks

Go Ripple

You didn't answer my questions. Why is one coin's market cap the limit for the rest of the coin's market cap? Post your thoughts here, I would be curious to understand your perspective on this.

I understand the supply and demand aspect but i am missing something else.... some of the brilliants ripple bloggers needs to enlighten me

27 minutes ago, Newb2 said:

So let me start by saying that I have been a member on here for months but I lost my pw so I just made a new account. I read most threads and I am a RIPPLE Supporter til the end! I have alot and I am team Hodl! 

I'm reading that it would be almost impossible for ripple to reach 50 cause it's market cap would be bigger than btc and etherirum combined what do you think??? People have all different opinions when it comes to market cap... Can someone explain it, and please dont say some bs like "ppl said that at 20 cents and look at us now" I want a real answer

Thanks

Go Ripple

https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2018/01/23/are-you-ready-for-something-strange/

My second-to-most-recent blog is about this very topic.  All my views on this topic - the major points, anyway - are contained within.  :yes3::victory:

The main thread about that blog is here (but you can respond with questions there, here, or in a PM if you have any feedback): 

Ripple is going for a trillion dollar market. Bitcoin and etheriums market cap is all that it is compared to because they have set the bar with the high value per coin and lower numbers in circulation....Ripple is going for (again) a trillion dollar market...this should therefore not mean that xrp should always be limited to Bitcoin and etheriums market cap.

Market cap is irrelevant, it is just a figure of the price of the coin and number of coins in circulation, it doesn't mean that price was paid for the coin. I purchased at .16 at my lowest but the figure on my coin is the present day figure when market cap is calculated ....it doesn' mean much

Does that help? 

33 minutes ago, Newb2 said:

Thanks

Go Ripple

You can't look at in comparison in terms of right now.  Down the road Bitcoin will have hit trillion dollar market caps followed secondly by Ripple and third by Ethereum.  Ripple will overtake SWIFT at some point which deals in trillions of dollars of transactions so at that point Ripple would have to be in the trillions of market cap.  And by the time that all happens, Bitcoin would be there also, ahead of Ripple.  But make no mistake.... this will happen and it'll be a great ride.  

So all these haters who are saying "market cap" can go shove it? Also alot of announcements or fud the last few weeks and the price is just steady decline....

27 minutes ago, Newb2 said:

So all these haters who are saying "market cap" can go shove it? Also alot of announcements or fud the last few weeks and the price is just steady decline....

Basically most people that are long time holders would say yes to your statement above. 

I am obviously disappointed in the price not moving with good news, but I have an honest held belief that xrp will not be limited with market cap and that the lack of movement out there is due to all the bad press still speculating about the growth potential.

If you believe that xrp has high growth potential and that market cap is not a good argument for limiting growth, then you to will make the decision to invest and hold....if you Don't, I would sell.

Hope that helps.

It really depends on how much of the international corridor-payments market ripple takes. There are nostro/vostro accounts in the vicinity of 10-30 trillion dollars, xrp hasn't really taken off yet with being used in payment corridors (barring Cualix and a few others mentioned that would be pursuing POC's first before use), SBI Ripple Asia is test piloting xrp but will probably attempt this year, there are other banks that 'might' be testing but once they all start using xrp for remittance, in volume....the velocity of xrp will be very different. 

You hear about the Cannabis industry being a multi-billion dollar business but, Ripple is looking to be a multi-trillion dollar (maybe quadrillion dollar) business but again...it really depends on how well it's adopted. When you see the word "trillion" or "quadrillion" conveyed in dollar markets, it makes the divisibility of money broken down into 100-billion xrp look small (38-billion in circulation, plus 55-billion in escrow, +7-billion most likely held by Ripple). I'm not saying it will or won't be a trillion/quadrillion dollar market....it really depends on xrp adoption by FI's world-wide.....and we are still in such infancy stages that it's too early to tell even with ALL THE GREAT NEWS! I always have a guarded optimism yet i do have confidence in Ripple. There seem to be a lot of ivy-league employees (Brad Garlinghouse - Harvard), and people like David Schwartz (Ripple's Chief Cryptographic Engineer) who spend time with the "masses" on this site really keen on explaining the technicalities of their solutions (xCurrent, xRapid, xVia), the escrow, and all the questions people have where most companies would just say "go pound salt". It's nice to see a company, with the right connections to very powerful FI's, and very strategic with priorities and planning.

Edited by posetranos