Bitoasis about to go live...

Powder888

I don't think anyone should expect price movement on this.  Barring laws that I'm not aware of anyone looking to invest in XRP probably has done so outside the scope of the BitOasis exchange.  Of course more exchanges is always good for demand.  I just don't think it'll move the needle at all solely by the listing going live.

Definitely agree with many of the above. This will have little effect on the price. One interesting thing I found is website value of bitoasis. Take the numbers with a grain of salt but for comparison sake it definitely puts things in perspective. 

According to www.worthofweb.com:

Coinbase.com value: $877 Million

Bitoasis.net value: $48,000

I think there is a LOT of money that could go in there. It will definitely help the price, and the liquidity; however possibly not immediately.

The main issue I noted, is that despite being the most outrageously wealthy region, BitOasis has a default of $500 USD daily purchase limit. Hopefully for verified accounts, or people who want to trade significantly more, it's easy for them to up this (to millions per day). $500 USD is like a few cents for the people in Dubai, so I very much hope there is the possibility of increasing limits to allow for their bored $1mil XRP purchases.

If I learned anything from 2017 it's to not expect any lasting price movement from news/new exchanges. That way, if it does happen, I'm pleasantly surprised. I do think there's a better chance for positive movement when robinhood goes live, even though it's only going to be in five states at first.

Hopefully this will help Bitoasis to grow though.

5 minutes ago, mrongey said:

If I learned anything from 2017 it's to not expect any lasting price movement from news/new exchanges. That way, if it does happen, I'm pleasantly surprised. I do think there's a better chance for positive movement when robinhood goes live, even though it's only going to be in five states at first.

Hopefully this will help Bitoasis to grow though.

Robinhood looks really cool....XRP is already in Robinhoods search box. You can see XRP charts and price.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread by mentioning robinhood.

3 minutes ago, ChavasRegal said:

Will this make much difference seems as though CMC doesn't track BitOasis for BTC or ETH as it is anyway, it might just end up being it own little ecosystem that the majority of people don't know about.

That's what's weird to me about Bitoasis. It's supposedly the biggest exchange in UAE, but it's been impossible for me to find any volume or similar data without making an account.

4 minutes ago, ChavasRegal said:

Will this make much difference seems as though CMC / LCW don't track BitOasis for BTC or ETH as it is anyway, it might just end up being it own little ecosystem that the majority of people don't know about.

It doesn't really matter wether cmc or the likes represent/track Bitoasis. A higher volume is good across the board and will still impact prices shown on cmc in the long run. 

14 minutes ago, mrongey said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread by mentioning robinhood.

That's what's weird to me about Bitoasis. It's supposedly the biggest exchange in UAE, but it's been impossible for me to find any volume or similar data without making an account.

CMC doesn't list Coinbase, yet is a huge player. It's pretty much the Coinbase of Dubai.