Speculation, considering huge partnerships and announcements.

I bought in at ~.20 and have been an avid fan and follower of xrp and Ripple all around. I am by no means the smartest with markets and math but I still see insane potential. At the end of 2017 when we had seen substantial growth everyone was very positive for 2018 and had bullish predictions. Even highly respected members of this community were throwing out some big growth ideas for 2018. With the start of the new year the entire market has gone through some trials. XRP has been hit hard especially. With CMC taking out Korean average and it appearing for us to be crashing (to the uniformed populous). And with China and South Korea constantly having issues concerning crypto. A lot of things have led to what seems to be poor market conditions. But I truly do not understand how a couple minor "set-backs" now mean that xrp EOY is going to maybe only reach $5? I have had many conversations with my brother over price speculation, he thinks I am crazy but hear me out. I believe that IF we are accepted on more popular easier exchanges (like coinbase) so many more people will  be able to buy in. Compared to other coins in the top 4 it is much much more difficult to buy, sell, and trade if you are not experienced with these things. I know I would not have been able to buy mine if it were not for my brother helping me. Also IF big names like Amazon and Western Union begin to partner with us our prices will have a large and consistent growth. If it is made easier to buy and we obtain huge partnerships why would this small market "set-back" stop us from reaching $100+ EOY? I truly believe that if all these things happen we could still hit that $250 EOY goal so many people believed in just a couple months ago. Brad Garlinghouse said Moneygram was the first in a marathon. I think we have big things to come.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

XRP will likely pop far beyond our wildest dreams and I think a lot of it will happen this year, largely without warning. We really had hardly any warning in December. It took a little momentum follow

Maybe your low predictions are unrealistic? It could go both ways...

It's our old argument popping up again. The $10 to $20 camp vs the $100+ camp.  Everyone knows I am bullish on XRP and firmly believe in a $100+ xrp price. Maybe not this year (it could well be t

Posted Images

Welcome to the forum.

I am very much in line with your views. The question is the all important IF, when we look at business to business partnerships. As it stands we can all see the potential but businesses and banks are slow to adopt quickly. 

However,  i agree with regal chicken, we will be shocked when the price increases and look back wondering how it happened. Businesses don't disclose information easily, we have no idea what team ripple are working on behind the scenes. We will find out when things are cemented with new partnerships. 

15 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

XRP will likely pop far beyond our wildest dreams and I think a lot of it will happen this year, largely without warning. We really had hardly any warning in December. It took a little momentum followed by a lot of FOMO and BAM straight past $3.

I think the same will happen this year $5, 8, $15, $30+.  It's only the first month of the year still and every week it seems like we're hearing news of new companies adopting not just Ripple solutions, but XRP.

A confluence of events, unforeseen and abrupt is what I've titled it in my head.

Speculation absolutely, pipe dream... maybe, but still it keeps sounding off in my brain that XRP is about to go ballistic in an upward direction. So much so it seems I can actually see it written in the news releases.

it will literally be about as shocking as going to work one day, coming out 8 hours later and discovering earth has been conquered by aliens ?.

without warning, and sudden.  But i do believe it will happen.  How high? that i don’t know.  But i like predictions.  I’d be happy with 10$, never mind way beyond lol 

I'm done trading and have consolidated my portfolio towards holding only xrp for a while now. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Having said that, I do believe 10/20usd is in sight this year. Partly due to the increasing partners openly expressing their intent in using xrp (leaving to the imagination how many are not ready to go public yet) and the speculative value derived from it's usecase becoming more and more a reality as opposed to being a probability. >100? Definitely, just not convinced it's happening this year just yet. 

49 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

XRP will likely pop far beyond our wildest dreams and I think a lot of it will happen this year, largely without warning. We really had hardly any warning in December. It took a little momentum followed by a lot of FOMO and BAM straight past $3.

I think the same will happen this year $5, 8, $15, $30+.  It's only the first month of the year still and every week it seems like we're hearing news of new companies adopting not just Ripple solutions, but XRP.

I've been holding since august and continued to buy on the dips. I agree that the price will surge again (soonish) without warning like it did in December. 

The question that's constantly on my mind is: Why? What causes this sudden, unexpected growth without earth shattering news? The answer to December's surge is still unclear. 

It mystifies me that this happens and that the cause is not clearly seen. Is it in many cases just a snowball effect? Is manipulation by higher powers? 

38 minutes ago, TLG said:

it will literally be about as shocking as going to work one day, coming out 8 hours later and discovering earth has been conquered by aliens ?.

without warning, and sudden.  But i do believe it will happen.  How high? that i don’t know.  But i like predictions.  I’d be happy with 10$, never mind way beyond lol 

Yeah that's basically how december was. I woke up and XRP was up like 5%. I thought, hey this is neat. I took a shower and it was up 13% and I said hey this is great! I got to work and it was up 30%. and for the rest of the month it just kept going.

3 minutes ago, RippleDrifter said:

The question that's constantly on my mind is: Why? What causes this sudden, unexpected growth without earth shattering news? The answer to December's surge is still unclear. 

I don't know.  But a lot happened.  Through October and November we had a lot of really interesting press on XRP/Ripple. There was American Express, Santander, Swell, Announcement of the Arrington XRP fund, then the announcement of the escrow lockup being official.

But beyond there there were larger and larger purchases of XRP as well. Perhaps going into these new test trials that we're only now hearing about in January. Some going to exchanges as well. 

People saw really good press, then they saw some really big movements of XRP. a few people bought into it, Whales may have had a poorly timed pump that coincided with both reasonable investments as well as FOMO and then everything fed everything else. 

but looking back over the past few years of Crypto what I see the most of is that the crypto market place goes through bear markets and bull markets every year. It seems like 2-3 of each. And it just happens that much faster than traditional stocks. We could ride a semi-bearish market until March for all i know, followed by a shocking and unprecedented bull market. 

1 hour ago, John_Buh said:

Welcome - Great entry point and congrats for HODL'ing

I would love to see $2 right now as a new baseline.  These $100+ predictions are getting a bit tiresome and are based on pretty much nothing (which is

why they are always even numbers).

Ofcourse you’re right! All predictions, way under or far above $ 100 , are based on nothing. That is the nature of speculation.

speculation

the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.