Coinzee

Bitcoin price warning regulatory crackdown Inevitable but there's another threat Looming

“But also trying to protect investors who are entering the space who may not have not have the resources to fully vet some of the purchases they are making.” Always the excuse they use but don’t people have the right to take risks anymore without being forced to pay for padding and reduced speed? But in the long run I’m sure Ripple has prepared for the regulatory risks.

Regulatory crackdown is to protect investors and to ensure collection of taxes.  Title of article is misleading as article should be seen positively as ...

New regulations legitimize cryptos to spur innovation, safeguard investors and add to tax coffers

6 minutes ago, DKleijer said:

This express blog /paper is one of the toiletpapers of the UK... Just ignore those fudsters

Absolutely, there's a crypto clickbait story coming out of the express everyday. I'm sick of seeing them....

The interviewed didn't say anything about price crash. He only said that regulation is coming, taxation too. He said crypto will “radically increase the number of transactions that can be processed on their networks” and “That could make them much more viable for scaling up to Visa-level types of activity.”

About regulation, he said: “Many regulators are trying to strike the right balance here between not crushing the sector and allowing innovation to foster and attract new investment to their local economies, job growth, etcetera.”

Sensationalist title to attract readers.

Well if volatility doesn't chill out any time soon it could be a tax nightmare for xRapid users to leverage XRP even if volatility leads to very, very small gains per transaction.  Does anyone know if this is already an issue today outside of digital assets?  I'm not sure this question pertains to regulation...just a random thought I had while looking at the article.  Incredible high volume usage and raking small gains could lead to tax considerations by end of year. 

https://www.coindesk.com/bitlicense-architect-ben-lawsky-joins-ripple-board/

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-welcomes-new-board-member-benjamin-lawsky/

With the on-boarding of former federal regulator Benjamin Lawsky last November, something tells me Ripple saw this coming and will be OK once the regulation dust settles. :dance4: