ChristopherD

J.P.Morgan “The first new U.S. payment system in 40 years is coming

EDIT: have since discovered that the following is completely unrelated to RTP which is actually non-blockchain tech from  The Clearing House.

==================

JP Morgan are in on Ethereum. Quorum allows the blockchain to be private which means all the info is there but you can only access the parts for which you have the key. Privacy is a really important factor for banks. Running on top of Quorum is this: "Amber Baldet, Executive Director and Program Lead for J.P. Morgan's Blockchain Center of Excellence, clarified the nature of the partnership. "J.P. Morgan is not buying or trading Zcash," she said, "We are working closely with the ZECC team to bring the concept of shielded settlement tokens (z-tokens) to Quorum." (Link)

This is a walled garden and they're marketing it as "the first new US payment system". There is no mention of x-border activity here that I can see. Since there's no currency conversion involved and since the system is limited to those who are permissioned in, it seems like it could provide near instant payment and settlement without the use of Ripple.

They've been open about their involvement with Ethereum and Zcash tech so I'm not sure why they'd be reluctant to be open about Ripple integration.

I don't see this as Ripple at all. I'm happy to be wrong.

Ps. It's quite possible that they could be working with Ripple on x-border solutions separately to this project.

Pps. Because of interoperability, Ripple will allow many walled gardens to connect which is another place to watch for deployment.

Edited by OzAlphaWolf

Yep I'm in. Those huge horns of yours are scary. We'll sort these JP Morgan guys and gals out. Lol. 
My horns, your "gggrrrrrrowl" and we'll have them....may want to let me do the speaking...not sure if they are fluent in "Chewie." ?

1 hour ago, FunkyGiraffe said:

I just found this (http://www.interfima.org/publications/?international-banking-flocks-ripple?/) by Chandan Maddanna, Vice President, Automation, Global technology, JPMorgan Chase & Co

VERY VERY interesting. It's from May '17 and have been discussed before but wow, this guy is very bullish on Ripple.

Thanks for finding this @FunkyGiraffe. I want to commend this article as a strong resouce for dealing with all manner of ill-informed fud.

Imo, this project is not related to Ripple according to all of the evidence we have seen. However, this is not to say that JP Morgan will not work with Ripple on cross border solutions or another project. 

If this is the case, I hope people aren't let down or have their expectations too high currently. Domestic solutions are not what Ripple is focused on so don't be deflated by this development. 

I just found this (http://www.interfima.org/publications/?international-banking-flocks-ripple?/) by Chandan Maddanna, Vice President, Automation, Global technology, JPMorgan Chase & Co

VERY VERY interesting. It's from May '17 and have been discussed before but wow, this guy is very bullish on Ripple.

@Chan_Maddanna is an active member of this very forum (used to be R8....). I won't speak for him but I do know that he no longer works for JPM and has no inside info about them using Ripple (or not), it seems. His report may have fallen on stony ground.

"In Conclusion
The above described features & their competitive advantages, should make it very clear – why institutions are increasingly adopting Ripple platform for settlements. Given the salient features and maturity of their time-tested & production-ready code, I believe this is just a beginning. I am certain that the platform will continue to see increased adoption in both private and public space, implementing myriad of use cases.

Future for Fintech is bright, and in particular for Ripple, we should congratulate them on their well deserved success."

9 minutes ago, Coinzee said:

Tazzy is always right!

Definitely not. Speculation is good because it can help to connect dots that might not seem relevant at first. Then new evidence arises that helps solidify connections. But in this case, it just doesn't look like Ripple. The dots don't line up.

But we need to remember, there is definitely a trail of dots between Ripple and JP. That's more likely to be x-border related in some way. Or, walled garden to walled garden.

I hope you guys can help me in fighting this sort of inverse FUD spreading on Twitter based on this rumor. There are tons of accounts confidently claiming JPM is using Ripple. They even say RTP means Ripple Transfer Protocol... They are hurting Ripple and XRP much more than helping... I hate seeing these lies spread by idiots.