• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegalChicken

• zenkert

• John_Buh

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not the reason I thought I’d have an erection on Valentine’s Day...

This has got to be the single most bullish community on the face of the earth. Asset dips = "EVERYONE BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY" Asset dips more = "EVERYONE HODL HARD, HODL THE FRONT LINE, GIVE TH

Completely, completely off-topic but since there's so much good news around today, I'm going to share my own that just came in. BMG have offered me a favourable worldwide distribution deal for my musi

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, HodlOnASec said:

I will never invest for family.

if it works out, all is well. If it goes south, some things might get irreparably broken.

no money deals involving family. Never.

Yeahh, never do business with your family, at the end there's always blood in the streets:D

6 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

What crazy price would that finally give us?  I've read about dream prices where XRP is able to partially take over most or half of SWIFT's market... but to completely take them out, and a lot sooner than anyone thought... 

XRP is moving about $500M in a day. SWFIT does $5T, so if XRP did $5T, then it's value would be roughly $11400/xrp?  But that doesn't account for the velocity potential, full use of escrow, withdraw of spec pricing, etc.  I think the last in depth analysis I saw pegged it at around $100/XRP on full SWIFT takeover.  No one is really sure though.

2 minutes ago, Kalarie said:

XRP is moving about $500M in a day. SWFIT does $5T, so if XRP did $5T, then it's value would be roughly $11400/xrp?  But that doesn't account for the velocity potential, full use of escrow, withdraw of spec pricing, etc.  I think the last in depth analysis I saw pegged it at around $100/XRP on full SWIFT takeover.  No one is really sure though.

11400?

5 minutes ago, Kalarie said:

Full SWIFT take over Only $100XRP????

5 minutes ago, Kalarie said:

Has anyone calculated how much banks are willing to pay just to release the funds stuck on nostro/vostro and get that dormant cash invested? Just taking that 20t and divided by 100b XRP = $200. ? 

Just now, CryptoOwl said:

Has anyone calculated how much banks are willing to pay just to release the funds stuck on nostro/vostro and get that dormant cash invested? Just taking that 20t and divided by 100b XRP = $200. ? 

ok, brb, going to find the updated post.  I swear @Hodor ran these numbers cause I think I asked a couple of dumb questions when I read it.  I'll find it.

3 minutes ago, Kalarie said:

$1.14 * 10,000.  10,000 = $5T/$500M.

Sorry, too many beers tonight.

Can you break that down a little further? I like the number you're predicting, but cant see how you got there.

From my last reckoning, Swift handled £5 trillion a day. Assuming there are 50 billion XRP in use right now (no idea if this is true or not), then 5 trillion divided by 50 billion gives a price of $100.

2 minutes ago, xrp-pat said:

Can you break that down a little further? I like the number you're predicting, but cant see how you got there.

From my last reckoning, Swift handled £5 trillion a day. Assuming there are 50 billion XRP in use right now (no idea if this is true or not), then 5 trillion divided by 50 billion gives a price of $100.

5 Trillion what ? 

$5,000,000,000,000 dollars a day?

5 Trillion Transactions a day? 

9 minutes ago, xrp-pat said:

So in other words, XRP should have a price of $100 in order to handle the SWIFT daily volume? I think with this also the speed of settlement needs to be taken into consideration as banks can do multiple settlements in few minutes... To be honest I think there is so many factors to be included in this calculation that my knowledge about cross border payments and settlements is not enough. But I assume it's combination of following things:

1. Transaction volume (=market share from cross border payment market) 

2. Value of nostro/vostro (Remember Brad saying that they are solving $20t problem?) 

3. Cost savings for banks (Value created for banks is value created for XRP)

4. Speed of Transactions (Down turning factor as money doesn't wonder around for a week before arriving, therefore less XRP is required to cover that $20t vostro/nostro hassle)

Some other factors to consider, domestic use, smart contracting (Codius), loans, credit checks, SECURITY (read SWIFT hacks) and possible but unlikely utilisation of consumer facing payment gateways. 

Edited by CryptoOwl