eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

4 minutes ago, btcxrp2013 said:

I have deep respect for successfull traders. But I don´t get how trading can be profitable: Professional fund managers, who have every tool of TA you could wish for, deliver worse results than just blindly buying every stock in the market. https://us.spindices.com/spiva/#/reports How will the normal guy ever be better than the professionals? And, even more difficult, how will you do this in the wild west of crypto?

A 50-50 win/rate ratio can provide great profits over time. All it requires is good risk management and discipline. If on top of that, you have an edge over the market that gives you a 60/40 win/rate ratio, I let you imagine how a profitable a normal guy can be...

UK Exchange To Add Direct Fiat British Pounds £ To XRP direct £/XRP 

DVwqVufW4AA1XvU.jpg

9 minutes ago, btcxrp2013 said:

But I don´t get how trading can be profitabl

The fact that most traders are not successful doesn’t mean it’s impossible. It could also mean that it’s very difficult.

10 minutes ago, btcxrp2013 said:

And, even more difficult, how will you do this in the wild west of crypto?

Crypto is more volatile than other markets, but it is not a fundamentally different thing. It is still a market and moves like any other. 

7 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

This smacks of "I know a guy..."

Are you saying that you believe there are no people in the world making a living trading off TA? Seems a strange thing to be sceptical of. 

9 minutes ago, XRPto50dollars said:

easy. dont be greedy. its not that the 'normal guy' never makes profits. the problem is, they only make PAPER profits because they never sell thinking the price will go up.

the main difference between professional and non professional investors is that the pros know when to sell.

more than likely, if youre invested in XRP, youll make paper profits. but you have to SELL to make cash.

This is so true. That’s why I was sceptic of all the “ accumulate and hodl” echoing in “ The Zerpening part 1” from mid december to early januari. As if gradually selling on the way up wasn’t even an option to consider. Sheer peer pressure. Not to mention that we could have known about the pre-CNY dip every january  ( and people pointing at it.........in hindsight!!)

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

8 minutes ago, buckor said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

“How the hell can Jasmine Rice moon? It doesn’t even have a solid team behind it like brown rice”!!!

”that’s it, you’re all using candlesticks from now”.

5 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

No. I disagreed with this: “people have turned it into 'predicting the future'.” which you then said it is not. I disagree. TA is used for predicting where the market is more likely to go, and then trading those odds. 

true. i get bothered by sites like tradingview.com where 99% of all 'chartists' make elaborate charts showing how XRP is going to go up in price

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/XRPUSD/

go check them out. they all have arrows pointing up. XRP can drop as well but people now a days use charts more to show off their opinions than actual price predicting.

this is what i meant when i said people give TA a bad name/rap.. because these people are making ridiculous charts that simply mean nothing.

Edited by XRPto50dollars

2 minutes ago, Teva said:

A 50-50 win/rate ratio can provide great profits over time. All it requires is good risk management and discipline. If on top of that, you have an edge over the market that gives you a 60/40 win/rate ratio, I let you imagine how a profitable a normal guy can be...

I´m inclined to believe it. But I still don´t get why the pros don´t just do it the way you´ve said and constantly beat the market over the timespan of some years. (again, https://us.spindices.com/spiva/#/reports)

1 minute ago, XRPto50dollars said:

true. i get bothered by sites like tradingview.com where 99% of all 'chartists' make elaborate charts showing how XRP is going to go up in price

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/XRPUSD/

go check them out. they all have arrows pointing up. XRP can drop as well but people now a days use charts more to show off their opinions than actual price predicting.

I agree there are huge numbers of charlatans and idiots; this is the internet after all. 

12 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Not sure I get the relevance here. So someone created a chart 300 years ago for that purpose. Does that mean that is still its only purpose? 

And again I'll ask: those people making a consistent living off trading TA; are they just being lucky?

I don't think anybody dispute the fact that TA have a place in trading. The problem is that statistics prove that 95% of people trying to trade is not successful. The reason is that TA is actually history and traders want to predict the future based on history. It does not work that way although it does give you great probabilities of what might happen based on history. 

TA simply put give you great entry points and great selling opportunities. Anybody who has a reasonable amount of TA knowledge would not have bought XRP at $3.10. That said - anybody who studied the company as most of us did will buy XRP at $10,00 and still think it is a bargain if he is going to be a hodler for 5 years plus. 

2 minutes ago, btcxrp2013 said:

I´m inclined to believe it. But I still don´t get why the pros don´t just do it the way you´ve said and constantly beat the market over the timespan of some years. (again, https://us.spindices.com/spiva/#/reports)

1. Because trading is a very difficult thing to do well.

2. People don’t follow their own rules. They get influenced by emotions and while they may well win and lose 50/50, the wins end up being smaller and the losses end up being bigger, meaning in the end they lose their whole account. 

5 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

The fact that most traders are not successful doesn’t mean it’s impossible. It could also mean that it’s very difficult.

Yeah, that´s true. I don´t say it´s impossible. I just say that over 80% of the people who have learnt this profession and do it all day fail. So let´s say it´s veeery difficult. ?