eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

2 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

Well, you either buy TA or you don't.  I happen to believe it is a lot of purposely abstruse BS that makes those who cannot utter the words 'I don't know" feel special and smart.

Just my take on it.

Ouch. 

19 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Disagree with this. TA is to give you an edge in the market for trading.

Youre wrong. ORIGINALLY, a Japanese rice trader named Homma Munehisa created the first candle charts in the 1700s because he recognized emotions got in the way of rice trading. 

Edited by XRPto50dollars

I can’t possibly imagine the heated arguments people have had about rice...

3 minutes ago, XRPto50dollars said:

Youre wrong. A Japanese rice trader named Homma Munehisa created the first candle charts in the 1700s because he recognized emotions got in the way of rice trading. 

Not sure I get the relevance here. So someone created a chart 300 years ago for that purpose. Does that mean that is still its only purpose? 

And again I'll ask: those people making a consistent living off trading TA; are they just being lucky?

16 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

The future includes thin timeslices. You short a million pounds 5 minutes before the brexit results are announced and you are a very rich man. 

As you said, it was a daytrading company. I know professional traders who hold trades for weeks, even months. TA can work on all time frames, but of course you have to be solvent enough to hold a very long term position. 

I have deep respect for successfull traders. But I don´t get how trading can be profitable: Professional fund managers, who have every tool of TA you could wish for, deliver worse results than just blindly buying every stock in the market. https://us.spindices.com/spiva/#/reports How will the normal guy ever be better than the professionals? And, even more difficult, how will you do this in the wild west of crypto?

Edited by btcxrp2013

4 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Not sure I get the relevance here. So someone created a chart 300 years ago for that purpose. Does that mean that is still its only purpose? 

And again I'll ask: those people making a consistent living off trading TA; are they just being lucky?

ok so like, my original post said..

Charts and TA were originally designed to be used as a tool to solidify your belief in your investment

You replied with..

Disagree with this. TA is to give you an edge in the market for trading.

I responded with..

Youre wrong. ORIGINALLY, a Japanese rice trader named Homma Munehisa created the first candle charts in the 1700s because he recognized emotions got in the way of rice trading. 

You replied with..

The point of my post was the key word 'ORIGINALLY'. You disagreed with it. I defended my post with a fact. and thats that.

Obviously it has other uses. I use TA every day, night, and while on the toilet..

Edited by XRPto50dollars

12 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

How do you square that view with the fact that there are professional traders out there making a consistent living off that BS? Is it just blind luck? Not talking about crypto. Genuinely asking here. 

Fees?

4 minutes ago, btcxrp2013 said:

I have deep respect for successfull traders. But I don´t get how trading can be profitable: Professional fund managers, who have every tool of TA you could wish for, deliver worse results than just blindly buying every stock in the market. https://us.spindices.com/spiva/#/reports How will the normal guy ever be better than the professionals? And, even more difficult, how will you do this in the wild west of crypto?

easy. dont be greedy. its not that the 'normal guy' never makes profits. the problem is, they only make PAPER profits because they never sell thinking the price will go up.

the main difference between professional and non professional investors is that the pros know when to sell.

more than likely, if youre invested in XRP, youll make paper profits. but you have to SELL to make cash.

Edited by XRPto50dollars

1 minute ago, XRPto50dollars said:

easy. dont be greedy. its not that the 'normal guy' never makes profits. the problem is, they only make PAPER profits because they never sell thinking the price will go up.

the main difference between professional and non professional investors is that the pros know when to sell.

more than likely, if youre invested in XRP, youll make paper profits. but you have to SELL to make cash.

Sorry, I think I haven´t made my standpoint very clear: I´ve made plenty of profits in crypto ?. But by hodling, not by timing the market.

4 minutes ago, XRPto50dollars said:

The point of my post was the key word 'ORIGINALLY'. You disagreed with it.

No. I disagreed with this: “people have turned it into 'predicting the future'.” which you then said it is not. I disagree. TA is used for predicting where the market is more likely to go, and then trading those odds.