eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

15 minutes ago, 65fastback said:

Theyve already said the volatility doesnt matter because of the speed.

If they send USD now and it takes 5 days, theres volatility there, plus the holding cost.

If they but XRP at $1.00 and send and 10 seconds later its $0.99, they still came out ahead on savings over the cost of the transaction comparatively.

I am not talking about volatility between transaction.. I am talking about volatility when FI decides to hold XRP.. Only when FI starts to hold XRP as a digital asset, demand will surge faster and price will sky rocket..  To make them hold, we need hedging instruments that Ripple is working on in this quarter.

— QUIET MARKETS

Stock market trading shudders to a halt as mainland China shuts for an entire week and financial hubs such as Hong Kong and Singapore take a break as well, albeit shorter. Numerous other countries, including South Korea and Vietnam, also observe Lunar New Year holidays. Muslim majority Malaysia and Indonesia, with large Chinese minorities, take holidays too.

Trading volumes ‘‘drop off considerably’’ about three working days before the start of the holiday, said Andrew Sullivan, managing director at Haitong Securities in Hong Kong. This year, Friday was ‘‘the last day that you can sell in Hong Kong and get your money before Chinese New Year’’ under trading settlement rules, he said. Foreign investors also tend to wind down trading in Asia as the holiday nears, Sullivan said.

— ECONOMIC DISTORTION

Because the Lunar New Year never falls on the same date, it plays havoc with Chinese economic data at the start of the year. Economists are cautious not to read too much into figures from January or February, and prefer to wait until March to see the trends lest they make an incorrect interpretation of the world’s second-biggest economy. Last year, the holiday started on the last day of January which meant activity was more compressed as factories rushed to get their orders out the door. This year, the holiday falls about two and half weeks later, so factories had more time to work on orders. The result is that this year’s January trade data, for example, was artificially weak.

Something to read about the lunar year.... it's an old post but it's interesting to read in this times.

3 minutes ago, xrp_moonjet said:

I am not talking about volatility between transaction.. I am talking about volatility when FI decides to hold XRP.. Only when FI starts to hold XRP as a digital asset, demand will surge faster and price will sky rocket..  To make them hold, we need hedging instruments that Ripple is working on in this quarter.

from Hodor's Blog

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 3.08.00 PM.png

18 minutes ago, DjemDiamond said:

XRP Price December 2018, $11.73

XRP Price December 2019, $81.34

XRP Price December 2020, $296.13

XRP Price December 2025, $615.78

9 minutes ago, CryptoVangu said:

Something to read about the lunar year.... it's an old post but it's interesting to read in this times.

Thanks very informative ?

It's so annoying after another great day of news for Ripple and XRP having to hope for BTC to break through resistance levels, only to watch it fall off a cliff again. On the bright side - More Zerps! 

Edited by JoelQuinn

13 minutes ago, xrp_moonjet said:

They might hold some but the intention, at least from what I gather so far, is that they don't have to hold it.

They buy as needed.