Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

3 minutes ago, Ceremore said:

I LOVE the US. This is by far not an overstatement as I lived 2 years there and was dreaming to stay longer. Went to Duke law school for a year and then spent six months in NYC and six months in Miami. Probably the hest 2 years in my life.

Yet i m gonna state something that ALL non Americans know and is widely accepted all over the world. US tv is the worst in the entire universe, and that is no understatement either. It is however something our US friends cant really fathom, and I dont blame them coz that s how it works, but since 99.9% of US people never actually lived abroad (not visited but lived) they grew up with it and cant compare it with anything else. 

But compared to French, German, Swiss, Dutch, Spanish or UK tv, there is a gap so freaking big. First because you just got commercials every 12 minutes. No one else does. Secondly because us tv simply never adapts. In todays situation in other countries Brad would have had airtime. Either they would have delayed by 7-8 min the next show or, more likely, they would have canceled ONE freaking commercials break. 

Honestly this really was pathetic. As much as I miss tge US on so many levels, US tv is the wirst thing i am yet to see, and this is what i am thinking since way before today. 

/ angry mode off. 

Apparently you've never seen keeping up with the kardashians

• Replies 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegalChicken

• zenkert

• John_Buh

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not the reason I thought I’d have an erection on Valentine’s Day...

This has got to be the single most bullish community on the face of the earth. Asset dips = "EVERYONE BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY" Asset dips more = "EVERYONE HODL HARD, HODL THE FRONT LINE, GIVE TH

Completely, completely off-topic but since there's so much good news around today, I'm going to share my own that just came in. BMG have offered me a favourable worldwide distribution deal for my musi

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Ceremore said:

I LOVE the US. This is by far not an overstatement as I lived 2 years there and was dreaming to stay longer. Went to Duke law school for a year and then spent six months in NYC and six months in Miami. Probably the hest 2 years in my life.

Yet i m gonna state something that ALL non Americans know and is widely accepted all over the world. US tv is the worst in the entire universe, and that is no understatement either. It is however something our US friends cant really fathom, and I dont blame them coz that s how it works, but since 99.9% of US people never actually lived abroad (not visited but lived) they grew up with it and cant compare it with anything else. 

But compared to French, German, Swiss, Dutch, Spanish or UK tv, there is a gap so freaking big. First because you just got commercials every 12 minutes. No one else does. Secondly because us tv simply never adapts. In todays situation in other countries Brad would have had airtime. Either they would have delayed by 7-8 min the next show or, more likely, they would have canceled ONE freaking commercials break. 

Honestly this really was pathetic. As much as I miss tge US on so many levels, US tv is the wirst thing i am yet to see, and this is what i am thinking since way before today. 

/ angry mode off. 

The money in advertising in the US is simply too large to change times.  Just like facebook, don't conflate users/viewers with the client base.

Also, I'm in the US.  I would agree that non-fiction stuff is better in Europe.  Who doesn't love a BBC documentary?  But production value in fiction is so much higher in the US.  Of course, that costs money, which leads back to advertising.

So, they are just different.  With a different set of values, and from a different perspective.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by ReformedEquityTrader
Just now, ReformedEquityTrader said:

The money in advertising in the US is simply too large to change times.  Just like facebook, don't conflate users/viewers with the client base.

Also, I'm in the US.  I would agree that non-fiction stuff is better in Europe.  Who doesn't love a BBC documentary.  But production value in fiction is so much higher in the US.  Of course, that costs money, which leads back to advertising.

So, they are just different.  With a different set of values, and from a different perspective.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Only on paying networks such as hbo ir amc.  No other channel gives anything i would ever watch. Especially on live tv with a commercial break every 12 minutes. It makes it simply unwatchable. 

2 minutes ago, ReformedEquityTrader said:

Also, I'm in the US.  I would agree that non-fiction stuff is better in Europe.  Who doesn't love a BBC documentary?  But production value in fiction is so much higher in the US.  Of course, that costs money, which leads back to advertising.

Isn't the BBC paid for by TV taxes? Just different streams of revenue and unfortunately people in the US have it worse when it comes to TV since ads pay the bills here.

Just now, Ceremore said:

Only on paying networks such as hbo ir amc.  No other channel gives anything i would ever watch. Especially on live tv with a commercial break every 12 minutes. It makes it simply unwatchable. 

It's a dinosaur model, and they know it.  "Cord-cutting" is rampant.  Funny that you mention HBO, et al. as the cable channels are bundled here, they end up subsidizing CNBC and the other less profitable channels. 

4 minutes ago, xrp_moonjet said:

Ripple will send us some positive news to cheer us all.. XRapid production ready or Japanese banks going live with XRP should come out pretty soon ..

Lets just ignore the distraction and focus on Ripple's progress.. HODL :bb:

Wow!!! I love the irony in your statement!! 

https://mobile.twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/569914763263606785?lang=en